German govt. urges citizens to stockpile food

Interesting!

"The Government advises people to store food, water, cash and a source of energy, which should last for at least 10 Days."

I guess 10 days is more doable .... what is more troubling, is when they say more than a month....then it becomes complicated.

In Germany the US or anywhere.

Before people criticise your sources, Ridgerunner, as they no doubt will, this story has been in the mainstream UK newspapers too.

BBC covered it too:

....Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told a group of schoolchildren that Germany must be prepared to react if water or food reserves were poisoned, or if oil and gas supplies were interrupted. ...

Germans told to stockpile food and water for civil defence - BBC News

Merkel opened the damn door and left it open to a surge of evil that few alive today have seen...

And thus the naiveté. Some history lessons have to be learned the hard way by some people because you just can't fix stupid. And when those people are in power, everyone suffers from the relearning of old lessons.

Would like to know what German intel knows. Unfortunately, we may find out soon enough.

Diversity! Coming to a country near you.

Germans told to 'stockpile food and water' in civil defence plan
People will also be urged to keep supplies of medicines, warm blankets, coal, wood, candles, torches, batteries, matches, and reserves of cash in their homes.

The authorities are to boost stocks of smallpox vaccine and antibiotics in case of biological attack, and set up reserves of petrol and oil at 140 locations around the country to ensure a supply for 90 days....

My parents lived during the Depression and that experience gave them great skills to survive. While I did not always agree with their ways, now that I reflect back they were the wise ones. While growing up we lived primarily in rural environments which gave us great latitude to watch out for ourselves. I have a certain amount of shame knowing I don't live the lifestyle I know I could. I have to admit that I am not aging gracefully...
So many people now days don't have the knowledge or facilities to take care of themselves. Hard to put out a garden when you live in a high-rise.

I am afraid that if shtf 10 days worth of supplies will be inadequate. Absolutely no offence intended... God Bless all if it ever happens...

BBvUGgn.img
© Getty Images German bottled water delivery in Munich, 13 Sep 15

For the first time since the Cold War the German government is advising citizens to stockpile food and water for use in a national emergency.

Germans told to stock up for a disaster

Forum List

Back