Georgia State - nailed it!

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

"If anywhere was going to take a pummeling from the coronavirus, you’d think it would be a place like Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta.

Georgia State is not a glamorous flagship university – that would be the University of Georgia in Athens, the spiritual home of the Bulldogs, REM and the B-52s. It’s more of a workhorse public institution, with a large population of students who come from low-income households and have to work at least one paying job outside their studies to make ends meet.

Those jobs – in restaurants, in retail, in bars – largely evaporated in the spring, and most have not returned. The crisis has hit particularly hard at the lower end of the income scale – and close to 60% of Georgia State’s students are poor enough to qualify for federal aid. It has also hit African Americans and other ethnic minorities particularly hard – and 70% of Georgia State’s students are people of color.

Yet Georgia State has not been pummeled. In fact, its graduation rate this spring hit a record high. So did the grade-point average of its graduating class. Not only did attendance not drop in the hurried shift to remote learning; it went up – to a dizzying 98.5% by the final week of the spring semester."

It sounds like an amazing place. I wish my kids went there. British Unis area shambles compared to this.

"If anywhere was going to take a pummeling from the coronavirus, you’d think it would be a place like Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta.

Georgia State is not a glamorous flagship university – that would be the University of Georgia in Athens, the spiritual home of the Bulldogs, REM and the B-52s. It’s more of a workhorse public institution, with a large population of students who come from low-income households and have to work at least one paying job outside their studies to make ends meet.

Those jobs – in restaurants, in retail, in bars – largely evaporated in the spring, and most have not returned. The crisis has hit particularly hard at the lower end of the income scale – and close to 60% of Georgia State’s students are poor enough to qualify for federal aid. It has also hit African Americans and other ethnic minorities particularly hard – and 70% of Georgia State’s students are people of color.

Yet Georgia State has not been pummeled. In fact, its graduation rate this spring hit a record high. So did the grade-point average of its graduating class. Not only did attendance not drop in the hurried shift to remote learning; it went up – to a dizzying 98.5% by the final week of the spring semester."

It sounds like an amazing place. I wish my kids went there. British Unis area shambles compared to this.
Good for them! Thanks for the post, Tommy.

pussies.

That sounds like an awful place to go.

I want my kid to go to a school where kids can see right through Big Brother and fight the power. Kids are not dying. Keep those are at risk of dying, away from those who can infect them, and lets get on with life already.

Ther

There is an election thread on Georgia you fat slimy piece of shit.

Instead of spamming our boards with your fucking ignorance...why don't you show some respect and look around before you post.

BTW: They are now calling out potential irregularities in Fulton County.

So fuck off.

pussies.

That sounds like an awful place to go.

I want my kid to go to a school where kids can see right through Big Brother and fight the power. Kids are not dying. Keep those are at risk of dying, away from those who can infect them, and lets get on with life already.

There is an election thread on this state.

Don't encourage this fuckhead by responding to his bullshit spam.

Forum List

Back