Georgia counties are suing Trump for legal fees following his failed voter fraud lawsuits

As far as the cop who died, he wasn't beaten. AFAIK, he died of a stroke, unrelated to the riot.
None of the other people died because of the riot either.

Well, I demur a bit.
I ain't following the story real close, so hardly hold myself out as well informed.

But, I have over the 7 or so weeks since the Insurrection seen any number of reports that do mention some officer's names. In fact, if memory serves, one of the major news groups offered a short interview with the officer who was being crushed by insurrectionists between that door. Same, I believe, with one of the two officers who were dragged down and beaten.

And then as far as these assertions by the poster: '
"the cop who died........ died of a stroke, unrelated to the riot."
And.......
"None of the other people died because of the riot either."

Well, I demur once again. First, Officer Sickinick (sp?) collapsed after battling for hours with insurrectionists. Several reports, like the Politico report above, suggest the chemical spray he was assaulted with was a contributing ....if not causal......factor in his collapse.

Then "none of the people"........again, I demur.
One, the QAnon woman who violently participated in entering the Speaker's Lobby chamber was shot and killed directly because of her participation in the insurrection. That was pretty newsworthy. I'm surprised you didn't see it. For example, this was reported:
"Federal prosecutors have arrested a Kentucky man who they allege was part of a violent crowd that stormed the House Speaker’s Lobby during the breach of the U.S. Capitol, smashing a window with a flagpole moments before Ashli Babbitt was fatally shot, court filings show.

An FBI charging affidavit alleges that Chad Barrett Jones is the man shown in video at Babbitt’s left on Jan. 6, wearing a red-hooded jacket and gray skullcap and striking the lobby door’s glass panels as a mob chanted “Break it down!” and “Let’s f-----g go!”

An then the woman, Boyland, was trampled on the steps in the violent assault on the police at that entryway. There is video of that. Whether she simply fell over dead because of other issues, or if she tripped or pushed to the ground and then trampled......I do not know. But she died 'because of the riot'.

So those are three that quickly come to mind-----Sickinick, Boyland, Babbit.
To be honest, it is difficult for me to understand the allegation that those three deaths were unrelated to the activities of that afternoon.

How the several other people died (3?), I do not know.

Here are two links. One is a short interview with Officer Daniel Hodges, who was being crushed in the door. The insurrectionist who grabbed his face mask and helmet while he was being crushed has been arrested, Patrick McCauhey of Connecticut.

The other link shows one of the officers beaten and then dragged down the steps by his chin-strapped helmet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/capitol-mob-violence-police.html

ROTFLMAO!

Good luck getting any money from Trump--I'm sure he thinks it's the people's responsibility:

Two counties in Georgia have filed lawsuits seeking to recover legal fees from former President Donald Trump which he incurred as part of a failed campaign to prove widespread voter fraud in November's presidential election.
Cobb County and DeKalb County on Monday filed court motions seeking to recoup the costs of attorney's fees incurred in failed legal cases alleging voter fraud which Trump brought against them in December. Both motions seek to recover the costs from Trump as well as Georgia GOP chairman David Shafer.
The election supervisors of Cobb and DeKalb counties were among those named in a failed lawsuit filed in Fulton County Superior Court by the Trump campaign in December which sought to throw out the result of Georgia's presidential election, which President Joe Biden won by a relatively narrow margin.
The Trump campaign filed dozens of other lawsuits across the country seeking to overturn the election result which also failed.
Cobb County's motion said that Janine Eveler, the county's elections director, and the Cobb County Board of Elections spent over $10,000 defending Trump's baseless claims.
It said the claims "were found to be procedurally deficient, factually unsupported, or both," and said the fees represented "just a fraction" of the fees incurred by a total of fifteen counties who also faced lawsuits.
"Given the number of failed lawsuits filed by the former President and his campaign, [Trump and others] apparently believed that they could file their baseless and legally deficient actions with impunity, with no regard for the costs extracted from the taxpayers' coffers or the consequences to the democratic foundations of our country," Cobb County's motion stated.

DeKalb County's motion states that it had spent more than $6,000 dollars defending itself against "unsubstantiated and frivolous claims" of state law violations, voter fraud, absentee ballot processing, and other unproven allegations.

Good.. Trump should pay for his lies and slander.

ROTFLMAO!

Good luck getting any money from Trump--I'm sure he thinks it's the people's responsibility:

Two counties in Georgia have filed lawsuits seeking to recover legal fees from former President Donald Trump which he incurred as part of a failed campaign to prove widespread voter fraud in November's presidential election.
Cobb County and DeKalb County on Monday filed court motions seeking to recoup the costs of attorney's fees incurred in failed legal cases alleging voter fraud which Trump brought against them in December. Both motions seek to recover the costs from Trump as well as Georgia GOP chairman David Shafer.
The election supervisors of Cobb and DeKalb counties were among those named in a failed lawsuit filed in Fulton County Superior Court by the Trump campaign in December which sought to throw out the result of Georgia's presidential election, which President Joe Biden won by a relatively narrow margin.
The Trump campaign filed dozens of other lawsuits across the country seeking to overturn the election result which also failed.
Cobb County's motion said that Janine Eveler, the county's elections director, and the Cobb County Board of Elections spent over $10,000 defending Trump's baseless claims.
It said the claims "were found to be procedurally deficient, factually unsupported, or both," and said the fees represented "just a fraction" of the fees incurred by a total of fifteen counties who also faced lawsuits.
"Given the number of failed lawsuits filed by the former President and his campaign, [Trump and others] apparently believed that they could file their baseless and legally deficient actions with impunity, with no regard for the costs extracted from the taxpayers' coffers or the consequences to the democratic foundations of our country," Cobb County's motion stated.

DeKalb County's motion states that it had spent more than $6,000 dollars defending itself against "unsubstantiated and frivolous claims" of state law violations, voter fraud, absentee ballot processing, and other unproven allegations.
Al Sharpton owes the IRS 4 million dollars, what else is new?

ROTFLMAO!

Is Sharpton interferring in US elections?

ROTFLMAO!

Is Sharpton interferring in US elections?
I am sure he has. He is a race baiting reprobate. No one is interfering with the election, the election is over. Audits now cannot interfere with a then.

New Topics

Forum List

Back