Georgia City Councilman Resigns After Claiming Interracial Marriage Is Wrong

I would not have doubted that people like this still exist. What is shocking is that a person in a position of power and public trust believed that he could say this out loud and actually get away with it!

Bible Belt Racism: A Georgia city councilman has resigned after publicly opposing interracial marriage because of his sincerely held Christian beliefs.

Earlier this year Hoschton City Councilman Jim Cleveland defended his mayor’s decision to discriminate against a black man by citing his sincerely held Christian beliefs and his opposition to interracial marriage.

At the time, Councilman Cleveland explained that he is a Christian, and as a Christian, he has a problem with “race mixing.”

Someone should point out to him that the vast majority of Christians would find this belief revolting. The good news is:

After making headlines for his openly racist claim, Cleveland was faced with mounting opposition and a recall election next month, and so decided to resign rather than fact the public humiliation of a recall.

In related news, the mayor is a bigot also:

Georgia mayor under fire for alleged remarks about black job candidate

The mayor of Hoschton, a nearly all-white community 50 miles northeast of Atlanta, allegedly withheld a job candidate from consideration for city administrator because he was black, an AJC investigation has found.

According to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and interviews with city officials, Mayor Theresa Kenerly told a member of the City Council she pulled the resume of Keith Henry from a packet of four finalists “because he is black, and the city isn’t ready for this.”

I would not have doubted that people like this still exist. What is shocking is that a person in a position of power and public trust believed that he could say this out loud and actually get away with it!

Bible Belt Racism: A Georgia city councilman has resigned after publicly opposing interracial marriage because of his sincerely held Christian beliefs.

Earlier this year Hoschton City Councilman Jim Cleveland defended his mayor’s decision to discriminate against a black man by citing his sincerely held Christian beliefs and his opposition to interracial marriage.

At the time, Councilman Cleveland explained that he is a Christian, and as a Christian, he has a problem with “race mixing.”

Someone should point out to him that the vast majority of Christians would find this belief revolting. The good news is:

After making headlines for his openly racist claim, Cleveland was faced with mounting opposition and a recall election next month, and so decided to resign rather than fact the public humiliation of a recall.

The mayor of Hoschton, a nearly all-white community 50 miles northeast of Atlanta, allegedly withheld a job candidate from consideration for city administrator because he was black, an AJC investigation has found.

According to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and interviews with city officials, Mayor Theresa Kenerly told a member of the City Council she pulled the resume of Keith Henry from a packet of four finalists “because he is black, and the city isn’t ready for this.”
At least he wasn't a homo to boot.

I thought your only concern was if other cock suckers and fudge packers were discriminated against. He didn't say anything about faggots but I'm guessing he had no love loss for them either.

I thought your only concern was if other cock suckers and fudge packers were discriminated against. He didn't say anything about faggots but I'm guessing he had no love loss for them either.

You thought wrong dip shit!! I am concerned about all civil rights issues. Now, do you actually have anything of any intellectual quality to contribute here or are you just going to be a fucking DICK

Thank you for that thoughtful and cogent contribution to an important issue. As always you raise the bar on the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB . God bless you!

C'mon man, that's a thing of the past. We're 3 weeks away from 2020, that shit doesn't happen anymore. Don't you know that?

th

Mmm, so the accusations against the Mayor are FOURTH HAND accounts? And one of the layers is the media?

You know, if America was half as racist as you lefties claim, this guy would not be being forced out of office because of his statement.

Just saying.

Yanno, I know there were parts in the OT where Jews and Gentiles weren't supposed to marry, but I've never heard of any passages where it is against interracial marriage.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

So the First Amendment right of free expression of one's opinion means nothing to you? Forgive me, I must have been mistaken that I believed it did.

So the First Amendment right of free expression of one's opinion means nothing to you? Forgive me, I must have been mistaken that I believed it did.
In the Current Year™ , having the wrong opinion about anything at all will significantly affect your social credit score, and could eventually lead to the death penalty....So don't be hatin' on the Progressive Poofter, or your fate could be sealed.

In the Current Year™ , having the wrong opinion about anything at all will significantly affect your social credit score, and eventually could lead to the death penalty.

"Death penalty" you says? Let them try, I actually encourage it.

Thank you for that thoughtful and cogent contribution to an important issue. As always you raise the bar on the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB . God bless you!
I always do, thank you kind sir.

You thought wrong dip shit!! I am concerned about all civil rights issues. Now, do you actually have anything of any intellectual quality to contribute here or are you just going to be a fucking DICK

Well we know the answer to that.

Notice not one of these homophobic dicks actually seems to disagree Cleveland's opposition to mixed race marriages.

No surprise there either.

Pretty much everyone who thinks that Christians should be able to discriminate against gays, clearly will also think that Christians should be able to discriminate against blacks.

Hint- both discriminations are wrong.

Fucking liar...Freedom of speech is the first of all civil rights.

Notice not one of these homophobic dicks actually seems to disagree Cleveland's opposition to mixed race marriages.

You and all of the progressive fools are wrong. I have been in an interracial marriage for over 40 years, and I am not homophobic. I'm just scared of queers, and people should be able to marry who they want as long as they are human.

You and all of the progressive fools are wrong. I have been in an interracial marriage for over 40 years, and I am not homophobic. I'm just scared of queers, and people should be able to marry who they want as long as they are human.

You say in one sentence that you are not homophobic, yet in the very next sentence you say that you are "just scared of queers".

Dude........................dictionary.com is your friend and can help keep you from making stupid posts like this one. Here, let me help you out.................

homophobia
[ hoh-muh-foh-bee-uh ]
noun
1. unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

Hate to tell you, but being "just scared of queers" is the textbook definition of homophobia. Yes, according to the definition of the word, and by your own admission, you are homophobic.

Having almost been in a mixed-race marriage myself at one time, I can tell you that they're a sham. Most mixed relationships are based on the hatred of one or the other race. They're seen as a "status symbol" among liberals.

Liberal white women often become involved in mixed-race relationships as a form of protest, usually against their parents. Liberal white males especially see mixed-race relationships as a "status symbol", proving to themselves and the world that "They're not racist."

In the case of black women, a white significant other is generally because they've been abused by a black man at some time. They engage themselves in a relationship with a white man, mostly out of spite from their perception that they were fucked over by some uncaring black man.

In the case of a black man involved with a white woman, generally they tend to be blonde white women. They typically do that because black women tend to be domineering and materialistic, which to many black men is emasculating. Therefore, they sometimes run off with blond, white women as revenge for their emasculation.

You can laugh at this if you want to but having been both a liberal Democrat at one time and a musician for 30 years, I know a little bit. I've had more than my share of black pussy in my lifetime, I am a scholar of human emotions, and a damned fine judge of character.

Having almost been in a mixed-race marriage myself at one time, I can tell you that they're a sham. Most mixed relationships are based on the hatred of one or the other race. They're seen as a "status symbol" among liberals.

Liberal white women often become involved in mixed-race relationships as a form of protest, usually against their parents. Liberal white males especially see mixed-race relationships as a "status symbol", proving to themselves and the world that "They're not racist."

In the case of black women, a white significant other is generally because they've been abused by a black man at some time. They engage themselves in a relationship with a white man, mostly out of spite from their perception that they were fucked over by some uncaring black man.

In the case of a black man involved with a white woman, generally they tend to be blonde white women. They typically do that because black women tend to be domineering and materialistic, which to many black men is emasculating. Therefore, they sometimes run off with blond, white women as revenge for their emasculation.

You can laugh at this if you want to but having been both a liberal Democrat at one time and a musician for 30 years, I know a little bit. I've had more than my share of black pussy in my lifetime, I am a scholar of human emotions, and a damned fine judge of character.

Why can't 2 people of different races simply like each other and fall in love? I've known a few bi-racial couples in my time, and none of what you have posted applies to any of them. Gordon, a person I was stationed with in Jacksonville, was married to a black woman, and those two were the most loving couple I've ever seen. And, not only that, their lives would have been easier on them if they hadn't been a bi-racial couple. In the late 80's and early 90's, I saw him catch a lot of grief from white boys when they saw him with his wife.

I also know that for myself, I could have ended up with a girl named Kelly who was black (I'm white btw). Why? Because not only was she strikingly beautiful, but she was also smart as hell and had a wicked sense of humor. But, unfortunately, she got stationed one place, and I got stationed another.

Forum List

Back