Georgia Bill Would Criminalize Giving Food and Water to Voters Waiting in Long Lines

Wanting a drink while standing in the Georgia sun for hours is now "virtue signaling"?
No, simplejack, getting your panties all wadded up over people not being allowed to bribe voters waiting in line is virtue signaling. Think better.

wadded up over people not being allowed to bribe voters waiting in line

Ah, whaaaat?
Is the poster saying that the vote of the black voter is being 'bought' for a HoHo and bottle of cool water?
Does the poster have proof of such an assertion?

Just what are you trying to convey, poster Orangecat?

I am sincerely interested in your perspective on the dynamics of the Georgia vote, as your somewhat shaky perspective on the Michigan vote was........well, it was entertaining.

This is just sick and wrong. The long lines are only in areas where black people live.

As I was reading it I saw there was no wording that said the food and beverage can't be sold. Then got to the end of the article which mentions just that.

If I lived in Georgia I would give out water and food for a penny or a barter.

This is clear and blatant vote suppression. If it passes it should be challenged in court.

The law also restricts no excuse absentee voting to people over 65, no cell phones can be used, and no candidates can enter certain polling places.

How can it be voter suppression when they are already at the polls waiting in line to vote?

I had to wait over 30 minutes in line last November, yet I voted as everyone else who was there.

I do agree that making this law section is silly, but other parts are badly needed.

On Page 51, a section prohibits giving free food or drinks to voters waiting in line, among other restrictions. Doing so, would result in a misdemeanor.

Very dumb!
Because if you have to wait in line for 7, 8, 12 hours in the blazing heat of a Georgia primary election in August, you’ll be motivated to get out of that line and give up when your dehydration makes you sick. You might even end up passing out and getting transported to the ER. That’s gonna suppress your vote. This isn’t rocket science.

I doubt that people are waiting that long, you will have to post evidence that it has happened, never heard of people waiting that long.

I've been following this subject for years and have never seen any instances of large scale illegal voting. Republicans need to push this crap though since they know that Blacks won't vote republican in any significant numbers. No drinking water at the polls? Where's that southern hospitality, guys?

First I do not live in an upscale white neighborhood and if you took all the time I have stood in line to vote in my life it would not add up to 12 hours. I have spent longer time standing in lines during the Christams season than I have voting.

Forum List

Back