George Zimmerman sues Warren and Buttigieg for 265 million

George Zimmerman, the onetime neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted in the 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Florida, is suing Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg for $265 million, claiming both 2020 Democratic presidential candidates defamed him in an attempt to "garner votes in the black community."

The lawsuit filed in Polk County, Fla., Tuesday argues Warren and Buttigieg’s two separate tweets on Feb. 5, which would have been Martin’s 25th birthday, used the killing “as a pretext to demagogue and falsely brand Zimmerman as a white supremacist and racist to their millions of Twitter followers.”

Buttigieg tweeted to his 1.6 million followers. The message garnered 42,000 likes, 13,300 replies and 6,600 retweets in just three days, the lawsuit states.

“My heart goes out to @SybrinaFulton and Trayvon's family and friends. He should still be with us today. We need to end gun violence and racism. And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free,” Warren tweeted to her 3.6 million followers on the same day, sharing four photos of Trayvon Martin as a small child, between the ages of 4 and 10. The message received 7,300 likes and 1,000 retweets in three days, in addition to national media coverage, the lawsuit states.

George Zimmerman sues Warren, Buttigieg for $265M, accuses them of attempting to garner black votes by defaming him

Any chance at him winning?

Zero.

Read the tweets --- neither one even mentions the plaitiff's name. How in the fuck can you "defame" somebody if you won't even specify who you're talking about?

Fake news.

Who else could they have been talking about? They were celebrating what would be Martin's birthday today, and they basically said that the person that killed him was a racist white-Hispanic supremacist. There was only one person that killed Martin.

You cannot build a defamation case on assumptions. The law requires that the defamer published or uttered some purported factual statement about the aggrieved, that they knew to be false, with the express purpose of defaming him/her. None of that is met here.

One tweet reads, "How many 25th birthdays have been stolen from us by white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear?" That's not even a statement at all; it's a rhetorical question. And it mentions no names.

The other tweet reads, "“My heart goes out to @SybrinaFulton and Trayvon's family and friends. He should still be with us today. We need to end gun violence and racism. And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free,”

Again, no names other than the deceased. What case can a plaintiff possibly make there? That we should NOT end gun violence and racism and we should NOT build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free?

Rotsa ruck wit dat one. And even if they did make that case, it wasn't directed at anyone..

The only people that don't know who they are talking about are those who are not familiar with the case, like a 10 year old or something. The MSM made such a big deal about it, everybody knows the shooting of Zimmerman and Martin.

I didn't follow it. Wasn't interested. Nevertheless *NOTHING* --- NO THING --- in either tweet names anybody at all except the deceased. I've posted them -- show me where they do.

They were talking about the person that shot Martin. There is only one person it could be. No court could reject the claim on those grounds. It's not like the OJ case where it was never proven he killed those two people. Zimmerman killed Martin.

That's absolutely fascinating (yawn) but the fact REMAINS the tweets are general statements of hope, that NAME NO ONE.

Shall we start a class action suit against not only these two but everyone who's ever spoken out against gun violence, white supremacists, fearmongers and bigots, yea that said bigots and gunslingers and racists be "free" to practice their ideologies?

Last edited:
It will fail because his name isn't in their tweets, can't defame anyone when you don't name them...….

I agree what they did is horrible, but it is NOT Defamatory.
Since when is that the requirement of defamation? If i say "you are a child rapist", i didnt mention your name, but its still defamation.

You are ignoring what Defamation is and what is required to support that claim:
Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview
Defamation is a statement that injures a third party's reputation. The tort of defamation includes both libel (written statements) and slander (spoken statements).

Elements
To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

LINK
Yep, not one mention of requiring a specific name to be named. I was right, you were wrong. Thank you for admitting that.

Your reading comprehension needs a fill up:

From the Law link,

"Defamation is a statement that injures a third party's reputation."

bolding mine

What third party is mentioned in the tweets?

Really are you that dense?
Yeah, she is making shit up that isnt true about Zimmerman. You are a slow one, arent ya. :laugh:

Where is any "Zimmerman" mentioned in either tweet?

Show us.

It will fail because his name isn't in their tweets, can't defame anyone when you don't name them...….

Since when is that the requirement of defamation? If i say "you are a child rapist", i didnt mention your name, but its still defamation.

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview
Defamation is a statement that injures a third party's reputation. The tort of defamation includes both libel (written statements) and slander (spoken statements).

Elements
To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

LINK
Yep, not one mention of requiring a specific name to be named. I was right, you were wrong. Thank you for admitting that.

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Yeah, she is making shit up that isnt true about Zimmerman. You are a slow one, arent ya. :laugh:

Not talking about Zimmerman at all...., it is polical in nature, they are screaming about gun violence, and Racism.

A reminder about your badly failing reading comprehension, maybe you can fill up at the Library:

“Trayvon Martin would have been 25 today. How many 25th birthdays have been stolen from us by white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear? #BlackLivesMatter,” Buttigieg tweeted to his 1.6 million followers. The message garnered 42,000 likes, 13,300 replies and 6,600 retweets in just three days, the lawsuit states.

“My heart goes out to @SybrinaFulton and Trayvon's family and friends. He should still be with us today. We need to end gun violence and racism. And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free,” Warren tweeted to her 3.6 million followers on the same day, sharing four photos of Trayvon Martin as a small child, between the ages of 4 and 10. The message received 7,300 likes and 1,000 retweets in three days, in addition to national media coverage, the lawsuit states."

Large size my emphasis

==================

Zimmerman isn't White, prejudice or Racist.....

:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
George Zimmerman, the onetime neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted in the 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Florida, is suing Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg for $265 million, claiming both 2020 Democratic presidential candidates defamed him in an attempt to "garner votes in the black community."

The lawsuit filed in Polk County, Fla., Tuesday argues Warren and Buttigieg’s two separate tweets on Feb. 5, which would have been Martin’s 25th birthday, used the killing “as a pretext to demagogue and falsely brand Zimmerman as a white supremacist and racist to their millions of Twitter followers.”

Buttigieg tweeted to his 1.6 million followers. The message garnered 42,000 likes, 13,300 replies and 6,600 retweets in just three days, the lawsuit states.

“My heart goes out to @SybrinaFulton and Trayvon's family and friends. He should still be with us today. We need to end gun violence and racism. And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free,” Warren tweeted to her 3.6 million followers on the same day, sharing four photos of Trayvon Martin as a small child, between the ages of 4 and 10. The message received 7,300 likes and 1,000 retweets in three days, in addition to national media coverage, the lawsuit states.

George Zimmerman sues Warren, Buttigieg for $265M, accuses them of attempting to garner black votes by defaming him

Any chance at him winning? Who knows. I'm sure he has a lawyer that made this decision, so I'm guessing he can.

There was nothing racial about the shooting of Martin. Zimmerman, a minority himself, lived in a very diverse gated housing complex. If I remember correctly, he attended his school prom with a black girlfriend. But because he was a white-Hispanic and not black himself, the lying MSM tried to make it a racial incident.

Have the Democrats finally crossed the line with using blacks to promote their hate? We'll see. Should be a very interesting election with this in the works.

I am hoping however Nick Sampson's case goes to trial and he wins at least a partial victory for the way those left wing asshole slobs treated him.

NIcholas Sandmann? He sued CNN for $250 million and they settled with him. The amount he received hasn't been divulged. He also had a lawsuit against the Washington Post but some liberal hack judge dropped the case at WAPO's request.

That case was dropped for the same reason I got no answers to my challenge. NO EVIDENCE.

CNN settled.
He pretends to understand law and uses words like "the case was dropped" because, hes dumb.

Any chance at him winning? Who knows. I'm sure he has a lawyer that made this decision, so I'm guessing he can.

There was nothing racial about the shooting of Martin. Zimmerman, a minority himself, lived in a very diverse gated housing complex. If I remember correctly, he attended his school prom with a black girlfriend. But because he was a white-Hispanic and not black himself, the lying MSM tried to make it a racial incident.

Have the Democrats finally crossed the line with using blacks to promote their hate? We'll see. Should be a very interesting election with this in the works.

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

It is POLITICAL speech.

third party

n. a person who is not a party to a contract or a transaction, but has an involvement (such as a buyer from one of the parties,was present when the agreement was signed, or made an offer that was rejected). The third party normally has no legal lrights in the matter, unless the contract was made for the third party's benefit.

A generic legal term for any individual who does not have a direct connection with a legal transaction but who might be affected by it.

third party

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Not talking about Zimmerman at all...., it is policat in nature, they are screaming about gun violence, and Racism.

A reminder about your badly failing reading comprehension, maybe you can fill up at the Library:

“Trayvon Martin would have been 25 today. How many 25th birthdays have been stolen from us by white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear? #BlackLivesMatter,” Buttigieg tweeted to his 1.6 million followers. The message garnered 42,000 likes, 13,300 replies and 6,600 retweets in just three days, the lawsuit states.

“My heart goes out to @SybrinaFulton and Trayvon's family and friends. He should still be with us today. We need to end gun violence and racism. And we need to build a world where all of our children—especially young Black boys—can grow up safe and free,” Warren tweeted to her 3.6 million followers on the same day, sharing four photos of Trayvon Martin as a small child, between the ages of 4 and 10. The message received 7,300 likes and 1,000 retweets in three days, in addition to national media coverage, the lawsuit states."

Large size my emphasis

==================

She was talking about Zimmerman. Why do you think that pretending she wasnt is a good argument in a court of law? Furthermore, Trayvons death isnt a case of gun violence, it was a case of self defense, which is a beloved legal standing in our nation.

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Not talking about Zimmerman at all...., it is policat in nature, they are screaming about gun violence, and Racism.

Large size my emphasis

==================

She mentioned the Martin family members, and immediately followed up by we need to end racism. Did she change the subject or something?

Zero.

Read the tweets --- neither one even mentions the plaitiff's name. How in the fuck can you "defame" somebody if you won't even specify who you're talking about?

Fake news.

Who else could they have been talking about? They were celebrating what would be Martin's birthday today, and they basically said that the person that killed him was a racist white-Hispanic supremacist. There was only one person that killed Martin.

You cannot build a defamation case on assumptions. The law requires that the defamer published or uttered some purported factual statement about the aggrieved, that they knew to be false, with the express purpose of defaming him/her. None of that is met here.
She implied that Zimmerman was a violent racist, with zero evidence to prove it.

Again, regardless what you choose to INFER, you **CANNOT** defame by implication. Can't be done.
Every case of defamation starts with someone "implying" something that isnt true.

***ZERO*** cases of defamation are built on "implying". They can't be.

The legal criteria have already been posted. I direct your questionable attention to number four:

>> 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement. <<

WHO is the subject? WHO is the person or entity? "White supremacists"? Bigots? Gunslingers? Shall they all class-action sue for defamation?

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Show us.
Ohhh, youre still not understanding that saying the persons name isnt a requirement. Good luck with that argument. :laugh:

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Large size my emphasis

==================

She was talking about Zimmerman. Why do you think that pretending she wasnt is a good argument in a court of law?

:banghead:

The only argument NECESSARY is from the plaintiff. *HE* has to prove he was the one being talked about, HE is the asserter, and thus has the burden of proof. It's not up to the defendant to prove a negative.

Holy SHIT.
shakehead.gif
Umma need bigger hip boots.

That's absolutely fascinating (yawn) but the fact REMAINS the tweets are general statements of hope, that NAME NO ONE.

Shall we start a class action suit against not only these two but everyone who's ever spoken out against gun violence, white supremacists, fearmongers and bigots, yea that said bigots and gunslingers and racists be "free" to practice their ideologies?

Her implication is that Martin died due to racism and gun violence. Given the fact only one person shot and killed Martin, the implication is that Zimmerman killed Martin because he was a racist.

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Show us.
Ohhh, youre still not understanding that saying the persons name isnt a requirement. Good luck with that argument. :laugh:

You're certifiably insane. We can all join in on every defamation suit ever now, because it's not necessary that we be named. You're a complete wacko.

Say I think I'll look around for some personal injury settlements and claim my share. Because it doesn't matter that I wasn't named.

Last edited:

Her implication is that Martin died due to racism and gun violence. Given the fact only one person shot and killed Martin, the implication is that Zimmerman killed Martin because he was a racist.

Doesn't matter. "Implications" and $4.62 will buy you an overpriced Starbucks. And if you forget and leave the implication at home, you still get the coffee.

Last edited:

Any chance at him winning?

Zero.

Fake news.
Youbsaid the same thing about the boy from my and the Indian too lol

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Show us.

This from the same people on the side of the fence that claim Trump did a quid pro quo by asking a favor. They impeached a President for that assumption. They were fine with that.

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Large size my emphasis

==================

She was talking about Zimmerman. Why do you think that pretending she wasnt is a good argument in a court of law?

:banghead:

The only argument NECESSARY is from the plaintiff. *HE* has to prove he was the one being talked about, HE is the asserter, and thus has the burden of proof. It's not up to the defendant to prove a negative.

Holy SHIT.
shakehead.gif
Umma need bigger hip boots.
Proving that will be easy. All one has to do is provide Warrens tweet. There is no question whatsoever who she is talking about. Again, you can play dumb, but that shit wont cut it in a court of law.

I am hoping however Nick Sampson's case goes to trial and he wins at least a partial victory for the way those left wing asshole slobs treated him.

NIcholas Sandmann? He sued CNN for $250 million and they settled with him. The amount he received hasn't been divulged. He also had a lawsuit against the Washington Post but some liberal hack judge dropped the case at WAPO's request.

That case was dropped for the same reason I got no answers to my challenge. NO EVIDENCE.

CNN settled.
He pretends to understand law and uses words like "the case was dropped" because, hes dumb.

Actually I knew that because I was the one who posted it here when it happened, so bite me.

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Show us.

You're certifiably insane. We can all join in on every defamation suit ever now, because it's not necessary that we be named. You're a complete wacko.
You arent making good arguments. You should attempt a different angle or something.

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Large size my emphasis

==================

To follow the frivolous litigationist logic, we must conclude that "white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear" in the one instance and "gun violence and racism" in the other, are the EXCLUSIVE domain of this George Zimmerman and no one else, as if he has some kind of patent on it.

Wouldn't that be sweet. Every time the Klan burns a cross you get a royalty check.

Cornell Law

Defamation

Overview

Elements

LINK

From the Law link,

bolding mine

Large size my emphasis

==================

To follow the frivolous litigationist logic, we must conclude that "white supremacy, gun violence, prejudice, and fear" in the one instance and "gun violence and racism" in the other, are the EXCLUSIVE domain of this George Zimmerman and no one else, as if he has some kind of patent on it.

Wouldn't that be sweet. Every time the Klan burns a cross you get a royalty check.
:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back