George Will on the minimum wage

In my opinion, if government has to get involved in this issue, it should be at the state level and not the federal level. Not all states have the same needs in this area.

In my opinion, if government has to get involved in this issue, it should be at the state level and not the federal level. Not all states have the same needs in this area.

Not to mention that many states have already raised the minimum wages over the years. Alot depends on cost of living in the area, which even at the state level, businesses understand.

More stupid feel-good laws from our friends the Dims. What is the use of passing these laws for the benefit of workers if we continue to allow our markets to be flooded by goods and services from foreign countries that have no such laws? If the Dims truely cared about worker conditions and benefits they would hold other countries to the same standard we hold to ourselves. Yet we continue to do business with these other countries, thus driving our own businesses out of business. But hey, lets continue to cry about the trade deficit!

Most small business pays OVER the minimum wage, we pay significantly over it.

The companies that pay minimum wage are in the production area of our economy, and their already "outsourcing" these jobs, so WHY even bring the subject up. I'll tell you why, its just like Hawk states in his post, "feel good", pure and simple, and the young snot nosed guy that works at Burger King feels like someone cares.

What a load.:eusa_doh:

Yes raising the minimum wage will mean people will loose their jobs. Not everyone but many will because of it. Personally it should be up to the States. And now the Liberals are in charge that is the first thing they want too pass. Why? everything is going to raise in price across the board and it will effect everyone. I guess no one ever thought about that? Well I guess being a liberal means support from the government. What a shame more free hand outs:hellno:

Forum List

Back