George W. Bush, the G-8 and the Middle East

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
President Bush's performance at the G-8 Summit in St. Petersburg was embarassing, to say the least, if not down right disturbing. From his verbal gaffs to his wholly inappropriate physical contact with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, he confirmed (<i>to the rest of the world at any rate</i>) just what a fool and poltroon he truly is. Why the Republican National Committee and the Republican controlled Congress, not to mention his grassroots supporters continue to tolerate the utter incompetence of both he and his administration is beyond me.

It also revealed a President and administration dangerously out of its depth with regards to the spiraling cycle of violence and chaos between Israel, Hezbollah and Lebanon. Whether this violence is, in part sponsored by Iran in an effort to distract American and world attention from its nuclear program...Hezbollah taking advantage of a US government weakened and distracted by its involvement in Iraq, or some combination thereof is a toss-up. It is certain, however, that it is the broader consequences of the failure of Bush administration foreign policy in general, and US entanglement in Iraq in particular, coming home to roost.

The emperor's new clothes are faded, careworn and motheaten. His bungling, arrogance and ineptitude have become a greater threat to the Republic than any outside influence. The real question is, "When is Congress going to take up its responsibility to hold the President accountable for his actions?"

:baby4:

I guess the only way for you to have any respect for President Bush, is instead of just giving ole Merkel a massage, they could of been seen on camera, her giving him a blow job.....

:duh3: :poke: :hitit: :slap: :lalala: :cuckoo:

:rotflmao:

Oh gee do I hear yet another Liberal complaining about policy, yet offering no solution?

Just like Howard Dean saying that we wouldn't be in this mess if a Democrat was in office. Yet fails to explain what a democrat would do to accomplish that. Oh yea, Dems can never say what they do in office - basically sell America's soul to our enemies: bending over backward to appease terrorists.

:cof:

What exactly did the President do to the German Chancellor that was inappropriate?

Since when is Hezzbollah taking advantage of American weakness? What American weakness? Since when are they even going after us?

Theyve been going after Israel for decades. How is them ticking Israel off and Israel blasting them off the face of the earth a sign of US weakness?

Stephanie said:
:baby4:

I guess the only way for you to have any respect for President Bush, is instead of just giving ole Merkel a massage, they could of been seen on camera, her giving him a blow job.....

:duh3: :poke: :hitit: :slap: :lalala: :cuckoo:

:rotflmao:

A German satiric paper suspected that for some time.

bush_merkel.jpg

Forum List

Back