George Santos of NY - Newly Elected Republican Fraudster

It looks as if House Republicans are willing to go to extreme lengths to avoid swearing in "I Am Spurious George" Santos.

Why McCarthy wanted to put his impotence and the internal disfunction of House Republicans on public display is baffling. Any potential Speaker is aware of the need to know the outcome before calling for a vote.

(It is fitting to again shut down the House as the second anniversary of the Trump goons doing so is nigh. Republicans are demonstrating that they didn't really need the Trump goons to do it.)

He's just a typical american politician. That's my viewpoint on this nations political system. That's a major slam. Major slam.
Typical American politicians don't know what to do about 'I Am Spurious George', and the last thing the feeble McCarthy needs is this embarrassment, a lying Trumper in their midst.

House Republicans know George Santos is a problem. They’re just not sure what to do about him yet.
The New York Republican landed on the Hill for his first term last week with a reputation marred by multiple public falsehoods about his past — behavior that conflicts with his party’s vocal campaign pledges to step up accountability and transparency, particularly among government officials.
The GOP conference is now deliberating over how to handle a member who’s been publicly ridiculed as a fraudster...

“I don’t have any historical precedent about what’s appropriate here. And I do think that matters,” said Rep. Dusty Johnson (R-S.D.), chair of the Republican Main Street Caucus. “In my mind, I wouldn’t seat the guy until we have an investigation done. I think there are enough legitimate concerns out there about his behavior.”...
Before McCarthy’s speakership battle, though, some current and former House Republicans made clear they wanted him distanced — particularly as some feared he may have violated federal laws.
Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wisc.), told reporters Santos shouldn’t be seated on committees that handle certain sensitive information.
“I don’t think he should be on national security committees but that’s for leadership to decide,” he said.
Another member, Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), told CBS on Sunday that it would be “very difficult to work with anyone who cannot be trusted.” She acknowledged: “It is a problem.”...
“Obviously there were concerns about what we had heard, and so we’re going to have to sit down and talk to him about it,” Scalise said during a press conference on Tuesday. “And that’s something that we’re going to deal with.”...
More troubling for the GOP, Santos has also been accused of campaign finance misdeeds. A nonpartisan group, the Campaign Legal Center, recently filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission alleging that Santos had run a “straw donor campaign” that helped him evade campaign finance limits.
Until they figure out how best to dispose of him, they'll just pretend he doesn't exist.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 7.35.34 PM.png

A pair of shoes? Biden took about 4 million in dirty money from a scam artist who defrauded investors.
So did Trump. Only it was dark money

Dark Money. political money where the donor of the money does not have to be disclosed. -An advantage of Dark money is increased individual privacy. Bundling. Combining of campaign contributions from several sources into one large contribution from the group.

He's owned up to another lie but still hasn't told the truth concerning the issue.

Late Tuesday afternoon, Santos’ political operation filed a flurry of amended campaign finance reports, telling the feds, among other things, that a $500,000 loan he gave to his campaign didn’t, in fact, come from his personal funds as he’d previously claimed.

However, while the new amended filing told us where the funds did not come from, it also raised a new question—where did the money come from?

George Santos Admits 500K Personal Loan to Campaign Wasn’t 'Personal'

Forum List

Back