George Santos cosponsors bill to make AR-15 the National Gun of America

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Say what you will about this character, he has big brass balls. :laughing0301:

"Freshman U.S. Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., is co-sponsoring a bill that would make the AR-15 the National Gun of the United States.

The legislation, H.B. 1095, known as the AR-15 National Gun Act, was sponsored by Alabama Republican Barry Moore, FOX New York reported. Georgia Republican Andrew Clyde and Colorado Republican Lauren Boebert have also signed on as co-sponsors.

"The anti-Second Amendment group won’t stop until they take away all your firearms," Moore said Tuesday at a gun shop in Troy, Alabama to announce the bill. "One rule to remember: any government that would take away one right would take away them all."

George Santos cosponsors bill to make AR-15 the National Gun of the US

"Freshman U.S. Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., is co-sponsoring a bill that would make the AR-15 the National Gun of the United States.

The legislation, H.B. 1095, known as the AR-15 National Gun Act, was sponsored by Alabama Republican Barry Moore, FOX New York reported. Georgia Republican Andrew Clyde and Colorado Republican Lauren Boebert have also signed on as co-sponsors.

"The anti-Second Amendment group won’t stop until they take away all your firearms," Moore said Tuesday at a gun shop in Troy, Alabama to announce the bill. "One rule to remember: any government that would take away one right would take away them all."

Moore speakum truth!

His Balls and indeed his ass is as useless in Congress as tits on a bore hog.

~~~~~~
Times are a changing. There was a time when the Kentucky/Pennsylvania rifle was the National Gun of the U.S. I have no problem with adopting the AR-15 as the next National Gun.

Gov. Hochul went nuts when she heard this, calling AR-15-type guns "weapons of war". FFS.
We are an always fighting wars all over the globe so the military-industrial complex and the Deep State can make big bucks and have something to do.

It makes good sense to have a AR-15 as our National Gun.

By the way the AR-15 does have a military record.

***snip***

The future of the rifle would inevitably fall to the U.S. Air Force. According to an article in Gun Digest, in the summer of 1960 U.S. Air Force Gen. Curtis LeMay sought to replace the M-2 carbine used by Air Force security personnel with the AR-15, a redesign of the AR-10. The following year, an official at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (known as DARPA) sent a handful of AR-15 rifles to U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers fighting in South Vietnam. The reviews from the field came back almost immediately — the GIs loved it.

"It was very, very efficient," says Mark Westrom, a former U.S. Army ordnance officer. He was also the owner of ArmaLite from 1994 until 2016.

For the next fifteen months the U.S. Army, principally U.S. Army Chief of Staff Gen. Maxwell Taylor, and Gen. Curtis LeMay of the U.S. Air Force would essentially compete for the soul of their favored rifles. Inevitably, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara ordered the adoption of the AR-15 and by the end of 1963 the Army ordered roughly 85,000 AR-15 (now designated the XM16E1, or "M-16"), according to James Fellows in The Atlantic, and the U.S. Air Force ordered an additional 19,000. The M-16 had officially become the U.S. military's standard battle rifle.

Regardless, the idea of the AR being the national firearm of America is a novel idea, even if all it does is piss off the gun-haters.
I own plenty of guns, licensed carrier, own the AR-15 that I built from the ground up, expert with it, and even I think it is a stupid idea.

I own plenty of guns, licensed carrier, own the AR-15 that I built from the ground up, expert with it, and even I think it is a stupid idea.

Well do you have a better idea what the national gun of America should be? Colt 1911? M1 Garand?

I don't think there are as many of those out there, as there are ARs.

The Glock G19 is the most popular gun in America. That should be the national gun.

The AR-15 is the most popular gun of school shooters. The bloodthirsty tards in Congress should think twice about their stupidity.

George Santos is the number one marksman in America. He can disassemble and reassemble an AR-15 in ten seconds.

Blindfolded.

In stiletto heels.

Well do you have a better idea what the national gun of America should be? Colt 1911? M1 Garand?

I don't think there are as many of those out there, as there are ARs.
We don't need one. The concept of promoting, voting and passing assignment of a national gun is stupid on the face of it. We have enough problems with guns, already.

"The anti-Second Amendment group won’t stop until they take away all your firearms," Moore said Tuesday at a gun shop in Troy, Alabama to announce the bill.
And this carries as much weight as saying, Guns nuts won't stop until they KILL every school child.

George Santos invented the AR-15.
~~~~~~
What an ignorant response. E. Stoner is the inventor of the AR-10 & AR-15 civilian weapons. The M-16 and M4 is the Stoner military adaptation of the AR-15.
Do you feel the same way as the Russian Marxist National Rifle the AK-47?

My M-16 sucked....
You shouldn't have bought off the rack, so to speak. Bargain shop weapons you intend to resale, not what you plan to train with and carry and keep long-term. Just sayin..

Forum List

Back