George Floyd was a criminal.

I did not know that he pointed a loaded gun on the belly of a pregnant woman while his accomplices robbed her and then pistol whipped her. This is the “hero” of BLM? Come on. He didn’t deserve to die the way he did but he is far from a hero. And now our cities burn and police officers are vilified. Very sad. Very illogical. 99% of police officers are great people.

99% of protesters are good people by their get vilified.

See how that works?

100% of protesters are good people. 100% of looters and rioters are bad people and should be vilified. See how that works?

That’s not how the right is seeing the issue.

Protesting peacefully is a right just like the right to bear arms. Looting, burning, maiming and killing is bad. But these people pretend they are protesters so the lines are blurry. They aren't protesters. They are sick in the head "WOKE" opportunists.

99% of the people out there this week were peaceful protestors wanting to fight system problems in society. You are a child of privilege living in elite neighborhoods. You’re about isolated and out of touch as one could be.

You’re twisting the narrative. I am a child of immigrants who came here with nothing. Our operational definition of “privilege” differs and most of the rioters are white kids. Likely privileged by your definition and you’re making up the 99% number.

Your parents didn’t grow up with privilege. You did.

Did you make up the 99% number in your original post?

I never Said 99%. You did.
You have no idea how I grew up. You assume privilege based solely on skin color. So are LeBron James kids, “privileged”?

You feeling okay? You can’t even remember what you typed a few hours ago.

99% of police officers are great people.

Lebron’s kids certainly are privileged in many ways. Based on everything you’ve said, you are a product of privilege.

I thought you meant protesters. Sorry. I meant 99.9%. If they weren’t we would have a lawless country of rapes and murders.

That makes no sense. You’re being quite illogical.

What doesn’t make sense is you not vilifying George for his prior actions and admitting he was not a good guy.

His past certainly was bad. He made a lot of mistakes. Some egregious.

He did time in prison. Moved halfway across the country and hadn’t had trouble for about a decade. I won’t give up on people. I want them to be able to get better when they haven’t been.

You don’t have kids. Anyone who points a gun at a pregnant woman’s belly, robs her and then pistol whips her should be in jail for life IMO. Despicable act. The act the media doesn’t cover.

You don’t know much about me so don’t pretend you do.

A despicable act to be sure. But the death penalty for such an act is insane.

Yet you tell me I am privileged consistently and you know as much about me. We all make educated guesses.

I know exactly what you’ve said about your parents. You’ve said they’ve attained high educational status and substantial wealth, have they not?

You claimed you earn an income that puts you around the top 1% of the nation and live in an extremely wealthy neighborhood. Correct?

You’ve also said your parents have achieved many times more success than you have, which is substantial given your own personal success.

So yeah, I conclude you are a product of privilege.

Since when does hard work and grit equate to "privilege"? Do tell.

The successful often overestimate their own abilities and hard work as being the sole cause of their success.

It’s an ego thing.

Then what is it? Luck? My dad didn't speak English well. My mom was in dental school. Eventually they did very well but it took around 20 years. I moved out when I was 17. I also had to grow up with a very ethnic Jewish name, that played real well down south....

If you use race and privilege as the only cards then you're missing out. I ask again, are LeBron James' kids privileged?

Success isn’t born just of hard work. It’s born of community, of upbringing, and a lot of luck. Many other factors I can’t think off the top of my head. I grew up in rural nowhere without wealth but I know I had privileges. Hard work is almost always necessary. It’s rarely sufficient.

Sure, anyone born of wealth has some privilege. But race presents advantages as well. To me, it’s undeniable. Lebron’s kids may have wealth, but any young black person can tell you society assumes certain things about people that they don’t assume about others. Black people aren’t given the benefit of the doubt in the same way others are.

Depends where. On a playground those kids thrive. My kids have zero prejudices (they are 10 and 12). To them a kid with two moms or two dads is normal. My 10-year old's BFF comes from a bi-racial HH and her dad is my very good friend. You make up these odd views but in real life, people are just people.

I did not know that he pointed a loaded gun on the belly of a pregnant woman while his accomplices robbed her and then pistol whipped her. This is the “hero” of BLM? Come on. He didn’t deserve to die the way he did but he is far from a hero. And now our cities burn and police officers are vilified. Very sad. Very illogical. 99% of police officers are great people.

See how that works?

100% of protesters are good people. 100% of looters and rioters are bad people and should be vilified. See how that works?

Protesting peacefully is a right just like the right to bear arms. Looting, burning, maiming and killing is bad. But these people pretend they are protesters so the lines are blurry. They aren't protesters. They are sick in the head "WOKE" opportunists.

99% of the people out there this week were peaceful protestors wanting to fight system problems in society. You are a child of privilege living in elite neighborhoods. You’re about isolated and out of touch as one could be.

You’re twisting the narrative. I am a child of immigrants who came here with nothing. Our operational definition of “privilege” differs and most of the rioters are white kids. Likely privileged by your definition and you’re making up the 99% number.

You have no idea how I grew up. You assume privilege based solely on skin color. So are LeBron James kids, “privileged”?

Lebron’s kids certainly are privileged in many ways. Based on everything you’ve said, you are a product of privilege.

I thought you meant protesters. Sorry. I meant 99.9%. If they weren’t we would have a lawless country of rapes and murders.

What doesn’t make sense is you not vilifying George for his prior actions and admitting he was not a good guy.

He did time in prison. Moved halfway across the country and hadn’t had trouble for about a decade. I won’t give up on people. I want them to be able to get better when they haven’t been.

You don’t have kids. Anyone who points a gun at a pregnant woman’s belly, robs her and then pistol whips her should be in jail for life IMO. Despicable act. The act the media doesn’t cover.

Yet you tell me I am privileged consistently and you know as much about me. We all make educated guesses.

I know exactly what you’ve said about your parents. You’ve said they’ve attained high educational status and substantial wealth, have they not?

You claimed you earn an income that puts you around the top 1% of the nation and live in an extremely wealthy neighborhood. Correct?

You’ve also said your parents have achieved many times more success than you have, which is substantial given your own personal success.

By the time they achieved that "success" I was out on my own. It didn't happen overnight.

Fair enough. You also went to elite private colleges. Duke and Northwestern aren’t cheap. Did you also go to private primary or secondary schools?

Northeastern not Northwestern. No, I went to public schools. I got in there because of grades and SATs, GMATs. My parents both worked. They didn't have time to coddle me. I walked to and from school all the time. Did my own HW and rode my bike to sports practices and games.

Northeastern, my mistake. So when you were young, your parents weren’t successful?

We lived in 2-bedroom apt. My dad was taking English classes, my mom was in dental school. We lived off donations from HIAS. By the time I was 9 they were better and purchased a house but they were in a lot of debt. By the time I was 20 they paid off debt, my mom was part of a successful dental practice, my dad was running a team of engineers and since then they have paid back HIAS 10x what they received and have sponsored numerous other Jewish families who wanted to come here. I never went on an expensive vacation in my childhood life. First time I saw Disney, I was 17 and went with my HS classmates post graduation. I had to work every summer and had to take out loans for school. There was no privilege. Only privilege is in your mind. Try growing up with an ethnic name. People don't need to see your skin color they can judge you w/o even meeting you. None of that bothers me. Its life.

Sounds like you had excellent support from your community. I’m glad that was available to you and your parents.

HIAS is not a community. African Americans can create that same organization. We have many wealthy African Americans. Why don't they do that?

You’re Jewish, are you not? I thought that was a community.

I am Jewish. HIAS is a Jewish non profit organization not some "community". African Americans may start one too. A lot more African Americans than Jews. LeBron has a lot of wealth. So does MJ. Oprah. Russell Simmons. Have them start a similar organization and help those in need?

HIAS is a Jewish American nonprofit organization that provides humanitarian aid and assistance to refugees. HIAS was established in 1881 to aid Jewish refugees.

Yes, your community. You had support from your community. The Jewish community. It’s great.

The African American population is bigger, but it’s less wealthy by a substantial amount. The needs are greater, the wealth is less. Not that members of that community haven’t been trying.

I mentioned several wealthy persons. Difference is the Jewish community is global and we don't kill one another.

There’s many differences. Many, many differences.

Primary one is we don't kill each other.

Yeah, it does a little bit deeper than that.

Like I said, not killing each other is the primary one.

See how that works?

The successful often overestimate their own abilities and hard work as being the sole cause of their success.

It’s an ego thing.

Then what is it? Luck? My dad didn't speak English well. My mom was in dental school. Eventually they did very well but it took around 20 years. I moved out when I was 17. I also had to grow up with a very ethnic Jewish name, that played real well down south....

If you use race and privilege as the only cards then you're missing out. I ask again, are LeBron James' kids privileged?

Success isn’t born just of hard work. It’s born of community, of upbringing, and a lot of luck. Many other factors I can’t think off the top of my head. I grew up in rural nowhere without wealth but I know I had privileges. Hard work is almost always necessary. It’s rarely sufficient.

Sure, anyone born of wealth has some privilege. But race presents advantages as well. To me, it’s undeniable. Lebron’s kids may have wealth, but any young black person can tell you society assumes certain things about people that they don’t assume about others. Black people aren’t given the benefit of the doubt in the same way others are.

Depends where. On a playground those kids thrive. My kids have zero prejudices (they are 10 and 12). To them a kid with two moms or two dads is normal. My 10-year old's BFF comes from a bi-racial HH and her dad is my very good friend. You make up these odd views but in real life, people are just people.

Our social structure reinforces these prejudices. Think about how much exposure your kids have to poor black people their age. Do they go to school with them? Hang out with them? Is your 10 year old’s BFF father successful like yourself?

He is a police officer. He takes the girls down to Roxbury and Lawrence to show them how the less fortunate have to grind. We also coach hoops together and run an AAU squad. We try to make a difference at a very young age.

Sounds great. But our cities are highly segregated. Our schools are highly segregated. Our lives are highly segregated. Integration has not gone well.

Then vote in different politicians. Elijah Cummings represented Baltimore for 40+ years and Baltimore remains a disgrace. Democrats run big cities. Maybe that should change and it should be bi-partisan?

Because it’s a social problem, not a government one for the most part. Cummins can’t make white people live in black neighborhoods.

He could have built charter schools. He could have had more policing. Why in your view are white people superior to black people? Black people don't need white people to move into their neighborhoods for the neighborhoods to be successful but many successful black people leave. Magic Johnson doesn't live in Compton.

Because charter schools and policing aren’t sufficient to solve the problem. You’re being way to simple about this. Way to simple.

Its "too simple" and it would be a start. Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is the very definition of insanity.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

See how that works?

By the time they achieved that "success" I was out on my own. It didn't happen overnight.

Fair enough. You also went to elite private colleges. Duke and Northwestern aren’t cheap. Did you also go to private primary or secondary schools?

Northeastern not Northwestern. No, I went to public schools. I got in there because of grades and SATs, GMATs. My parents both worked. They didn't have time to coddle me. I walked to and from school all the time. Did my own HW and rode my bike to sports practices and games.

Northeastern, my mistake. So when you were young, your parents weren’t successful?

We lived in 2-bedroom apt. My dad was taking English classes, my mom was in dental school. We lived off donations from HIAS. By the time I was 9 they were better and purchased a house but they were in a lot of debt. By the time I was 20 they paid off debt, my mom was part of a successful dental practice, my dad was running a team of engineers and since then they have paid back HIAS 10x what they received and have sponsored numerous other Jewish families who wanted to come here. I never went on an expensive vacation in my childhood life. First time I saw Disney, I was 17 and went with my HS classmates post graduation. I had to work every summer and had to take out loans for school. There was no privilege. Only privilege is in your mind. Try growing up with an ethnic name. People don't need to see your skin color they can judge you w/o even meeting you. None of that bothers me. Its life.

Sounds like you had excellent support from your community. I’m glad that was available to you and your parents.

HIAS is not a community. African Americans can create that same organization. We have many wealthy African Americans. Why don't they do that?

I am Jewish. HIAS is a Jewish non profit organization not some "community". African Americans may start one too. A lot more African Americans than Jews. LeBron has a lot of wealth. So does MJ. Oprah. Russell Simmons. Have them start a similar organization and help those in need?

HIAS is a Jewish American nonprofit organization that provides humanitarian aid and assistance to refugees. HIAS was established in 1881 to aid Jewish refugees.

Yes, your community. You had support from your community. The Jewish community. It’s great.

The African American population is bigger, but it’s less wealthy by a substantial amount. The needs are greater, the wealth is less. Not that members of that community haven’t been trying.

I mentioned several wealthy persons. Difference is the Jewish community is global and we don't kill one another.

I think you’re ignoring a lot of history.

See how that works?

Now now you should have had FREE college!!!!

Free meaning hard working Americans paying for it

My grad school was free as my employer paid for it. Shame on me....

Your employer paid you a benefit.

Huge difference from demands of free college from snot nosed brats that haven't earned it

Correct. But they didn't go to class for me while working. I did that!

Our three oldest girls have eached been offered academic scholarships, not full rides but huge help in tution because they have focused on academics. Two will attend Indiana University and one is weighing between the USAF Academy and Notre Dame.

No doubt you did that...and so did they.

My problem is with that those that don't earn it but expect and demand it.

I think few of us understand the hardships that poor individuals in the black community have to face.

Everyone is born with equal rights. The bigger issue is single parent households. Provide incentives to all girls aged 16-22 not to have kids before marriage. Give each $10k per year. Would cost around $100Bn per yr. Girls can put that money toward an education or trade school, vs. trying to get pregnant to live off the govt and keep the same thing going over and over again.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Our social structure reinforces these prejudices. Think about how much exposure your kids have to poor black people their age. Do they go to school with them? Hang out with them? Is your 10 year old’s BFF father successful like yourself?

He is a police officer. He takes the girls down to Roxbury and Lawrence to show them how the less fortunate have to grind. We also coach hoops together and run an AAU squad. We try to make a difference at a very young age.

Sounds great. But our cities are highly segregated. Our schools are highly segregated. Our lives are highly segregated. Integration has not gone well.

Then vote in different politicians. Elijah Cummings represented Baltimore for 40+ years and Baltimore remains a disgrace. Democrats run big cities. Maybe that should change and it should be bi-partisan?

Because it’s a social problem, not a government one for the most part. Cummins can’t make white people live in black neighborhoods.

He could have built charter schools. He could have had more policing. Why in your view are white people superior to black people? Black people don't need white people to move into their neighborhoods for the neighborhoods to be successful but many successful black people leave. Magic Johnson doesn't live in Compton.

Because charter schools and policing aren’t sufficient to solve the problem. You’re being way to simple about this. Way to simple.

Its "too simple" and it would be a start. Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is the very definition of insanity.

Like more policing? That’s what they’ve been trying for decades, since Reagan. It hasn’t worked. It may have made things worse. It’s insanity to think lack of policing is the problem.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

See how that works?

Like the Holocaust, not having a primary homeland til 1947, being at war almost every year there, blatant antisemitism in every country. We all have our hardships.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Like more policing? That’s what they’ve been trying for decades, since Reagan. It hasn’t worked. It may have made things worse. It’s insanity to think lack of policing is the problem.

Statistics show it made things better. I disagree. What made things worse in the rise of single motherhood rates and the Gov't rewarding that with $$.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Statistics show it made things better. I disagree. What made things worse in the rise of single motherhood rates and the Gov't rewarding that with $$.

Mass incarceration of young black men has not made things better. Especially when you’re complaining about single motherhood.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

See how that works?

Like the Holocaust, not having a primary homeland til 1947, being at war almost every year there, blatant antisemitism in every country. We all have our hardships.

No doubt the Jewish community has had its hardships and anti-Semitism is far too prevalent. But I think you’re ignoring the long brutal history of the black population in this country.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Mass incarceration of young black men has not made things better. Especially when you’re complaining about single motherhood.

Don't commit crimes. Don't get pregnant. Solves both problems.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

See how that works?

No doubt the Jewish community has had its hardships and anti-Semitism is far too prevalent. But I think you’re ignoring the long brutal history of the black population in this country.

Its there. How do you fix it? I cannot force people not to be racist. I also cannot force people not to see George Floyd, who was not a good person as a hero. Maybe we should educate our young people instead of stating its OK for them to loot and burn businesses that had nothing to do with the racial tensions?

With regard to Mr. Floyd, I have posted the same thing, and I will continue to do so. He was a dirt bag whose time had finally come. Dirt bags tend to die like this. If it wasn't the cops it would have been someone else.

Someone who commits a crime, does time and is released and then commits another crime, doesn't deserve to be among law-abiding citizens.
The problem is twofold: A lenient court system and a negative culture community run by stupidity.
1. The court system gives light sentences, thus creating the "revolving door" turn over of repeat criminals who laugh at the system. Even our prison systems are considered a joke by Russians that are incarcerated here. If you are caught with a stolen gun, the result is a short sentence and you're out in a couple of years, or less and back to your criminal behavior.
2. The stupid inner-city negative culture...."HEY! Snitches get stitches!" Result, crime not only continues but escalates...because the stupid people in those communities, call for the cops when a crime is committed, but when the cops arrive and ask for witnesses...the reply is, "I din' see nuffin."
and they are so stupid that they think by not helping the cops, the cops will somehow magically solve the crimes committed, while they basically put blinders on and go their merry way, until the next crime occurs in their neighborhood and repeat, "I din' see nuffin." A combination of a negative culture and stupidity.

99% of any group or organization are not 'great people'.
I guarantee it.
ESPECIALLY when it comes to democrat protesters. No one is buying the line about "the protesters are peaceful" bullshit. Even the ones that can be seen peacefully walking down the street, will later be throwing rocks at police officers.

Most White families of the 40’s thru 60’s were lower middle class. Roof over the head, food and clothes and family. If you wanted extras as a kid you went out and earned them
Living a disciplined life 20-30 years later many of those early working kids had become Very successful, enjoying the surprising benefits of their diligence. All of what I just described infuriates the weepy and government dependents
While whites earned and received their hard earned privledges. 80% of blacks either rioted, were in government dependence, were incarcerated, produced children and abandoned them, and the list goes on an on. Not many privledges going to come from that yet the pissing and moaning and cries of unfairness and racism are unabated.

See how that works?

Where do you get that stat? I can show you that most of the "protesters" support rioting, looting, murder and arson. In fact, I already have.

99% of any group or organization are not 'great people'.
I guarantee it.
ESPECIALLY when it comes to democrat protesters. No one is buying the line about "the protesters are peaceful" bullshit. Even the ones that can be seen peacefully walking down the street, will later be throwing rocks at police officers.
Just waiting for nightfall

With regard to Mr. Floyd, I have posted the same thing, and I will continue to do so. He was a dirt bag whose time had finally come. Dirt bags tend to die like this. If it wasn't the cops it would have been someone else.

You're asinine opinion aside, the fact he died isn't the big deal sir obtuse. It's the fact a police officer was the architect of said death. Kind of like if you die in your sleep of natural causes it's whatever, but if someone jumps in your window and stabs you 50 times it's a big deal. Even if you had cancer and would have died 5 minutes later without the stabs.

Forum List

Back