George Floyd was a criminal.

I did not know that he pointed a loaded gun on the belly of a pregnant woman while his accomplices robbed her and then pistol whipped her. This is the “hero” of BLM? Come on. He didn’t deserve to die the way he did but he is far from a hero. And now our cities burn and police officers are vilified. Very sad. Very illogical. 99% of police officers are great people.

99% of protesters are good people by their get vilified.

See how that works?

100% of protesters are good people. 100% of looters and rioters are bad people and should be vilified. See how that works?

That’s not how the right is seeing the issue.

Protesting peacefully is a right just like the right to bear arms. Looting, burning, maiming and killing is bad. But these people pretend they are protesters so the lines are blurry. They aren't protesters. They are sick in the head "WOKE" opportunists.

99% of the people out there this week were peaceful protestors wanting to fight system problems in society. You are a child of privilege living in elite neighborhoods. You’re about isolated and out of touch as one could be.

You’re twisting the narrative. I am a child of immigrants who came here with nothing. Our operational definition of “privilege” differs and most of the rioters are white kids. Likely privileged by your definition and you’re making up the 99% number.

Your parents didn’t grow up with privilege. You did.

Did you make up the 99% number in your original post?

I never Said 99%. You did.
You have no idea how I grew up. You assume privilege based solely on skin color. So are LeBron James kids, “privileged”?

You feeling okay? You can’t even remember what you typed a few hours ago.

99% of police officers are great people.

Lebron’s kids certainly are privileged in many ways. Based on everything you’ve said, you are a product of privilege.

I thought you meant protesters. Sorry. I meant 99.9%. If they weren’t we would have a lawless country of rapes and murders.

That makes no sense. You’re being quite illogical.

What doesn’t make sense is you not vilifying George for his prior actions and admitting he was not a good guy.

His past certainly was bad. He made a lot of mistakes. Some egregious.

He did time in prison. Moved halfway across the country and hadn’t had trouble for about a decade. I won’t give up on people. I want them to be able to get better when they haven’t been.

You don’t have kids. Anyone who points a gun at a pregnant woman’s belly, robs her and then pistol whips her should be in jail for life IMO. Despicable act. The act the media doesn’t cover.

You don’t know much about me so don’t pretend you do.

A despicable act to be sure. But the death penalty for such an act is insane.

Yet you tell me I am privileged consistently and you know as much about me. We all make educated guesses.

I know exactly what you’ve said about your parents. You’ve said they’ve attained high educational status and substantial wealth, have they not?

You claimed you earn an income that puts you around the top 1% of the nation and live in an extremely wealthy neighborhood. Correct?

You’ve also said your parents have achieved many times more success than you have, which is substantial given your own personal success.

So yeah, I conclude you are a product of privilege.

Since when does hard work and grit equate to "privilege"? Do tell.

The successful often overestimate their own abilities and hard work as being the sole cause of their success.

It’s an ego thing.

But...but...but...he couldn’t breathe(a very frequent ploy of criminals undergoing apprehension)

I did not know that he pointed a loaded gun on the belly of a pregnant woman while his accomplices robbed her and then pistol whipped her. This is the “hero” of BLM? Come on. He didn’t deserve to die the way he did but he is far from a hero. And now our cities burn and police officers are vilified. Very sad. Very illogical. 99% of police officers are great people.

See how that works?

100% of protesters are good people. 100% of looters and rioters are bad people and should be vilified. See how that works?

Protesting peacefully is a right just like the right to bear arms. Looting, burning, maiming and killing is bad. But these people pretend they are protesters so the lines are blurry. They aren't protesters. They are sick in the head "WOKE" opportunists.

99% of the people out there this week were peaceful protestors wanting to fight system problems in society. You are a child of privilege living in elite neighborhoods. You’re about isolated and out of touch as one could be.

You’re twisting the narrative. I am a child of immigrants who came here with nothing. Our operational definition of “privilege” differs and most of the rioters are white kids. Likely privileged by your definition and you’re making up the 99% number.

You have no idea how I grew up. You assume privilege based solely on skin color. So are LeBron James kids, “privileged”?

Lebron’s kids certainly are privileged in many ways. Based on everything you’ve said, you are a product of privilege.

I thought you meant protesters. Sorry. I meant 99.9%. If they weren’t we would have a lawless country of rapes and murders.

What doesn’t make sense is you not vilifying George for his prior actions and admitting he was not a good guy.

He did time in prison. Moved halfway across the country and hadn’t had trouble for about a decade. I won’t give up on people. I want them to be able to get better when they haven’t been.

You don’t have kids. Anyone who points a gun at a pregnant woman’s belly, robs her and then pistol whips her should be in jail for life IMO. Despicable act. The act the media doesn’t cover.

Yet you tell me I am privileged consistently and you know as much about me. We all make educated guesses.

I know exactly what you’ve said about your parents. You’ve said they’ve attained high educational status and substantial wealth, have they not?

You claimed you earn an income that puts you around the top 1% of the nation and live in an extremely wealthy neighborhood. Correct?

You’ve also said your parents have achieved many times more success than you have, which is substantial given your own personal success.

By the time they achieved that "success" I was out on my own. It didn't happen overnight.

Fair enough. You also went to elite private colleges. Duke and Northwestern aren’t cheap. Did you also go to private primary or secondary schools?

Northeastern not Northwestern. No, I went to public schools. I got in there because of grades and SATs, GMATs. My parents both worked. They didn't have time to coddle me. I walked to and from school all the time. Did my own HW and rode my bike to sports practices and games.

See how that works?

The successful often overestimate their own abilities and hard work as being the sole cause of their success.

It’s an ego thing.

Then what is it? Luck? My dad didn't speak English well. My mom was in dental school. Eventually they did very well but it took around 20 years. I moved out when I was 17. I also had to grow up with a very ethnic Jewish name, that played real well down south....

If you use race and privilege as the only cards then you're missing out. I ask again, are LeBron James' kids privileged?

See how that works?

By the time they achieved that "success" I was out on my own. It didn't happen overnight.

Fair enough. You also went to elite private colleges. Duke and Northwestern aren’t cheap. Did you also go to private primary or secondary schools?

Northeastern not Northwestern. No, I went to public schools. I got in there because of grades and SATs, GMATs. My parents both worked. They didn't have time to coddle me. I walked to and from school all the time. Did my own HW and rode my bike to sports practices and games.

Northeastern, my mistake. So when you were young, your parents weren’t successful?

See how that works?

Northeastern, my mistake. So when you were young, your parents weren’t successful?

We lived in 2-bedroom apt. My dad was taking English classes, my mom was in dental school. We lived off donations from HIAS. By the time I was 9 they were better and purchased a house but they were in a lot of debt. By the time I was 20 they paid off debt, my mom was part of a successful dental practice, my dad was running a team of engineers and since then they have paid back HIAS 10x what they received and have sponsored numerous other Jewish families who wanted to come here. I never went on an expensive vacation in my childhood life. First time I saw Disney, I was 17 and went with my HS classmates post graduation. I had to work every summer and had to take out loans for school. There was no privilege. Only privilege is in your mind. Try growing up with an ethnic name. People don't need to see your skin color they can judge you w/o even meeting you. None of that bothers me. Its life.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Then what is it? Luck? My dad didn't speak English well. My mom was in dental school. Eventually they did very well but it took around 20 years. I moved out when I was 17. I also had to grow up with a very ethnic Jewish name, that played real well down south....

If you use race and privilege as the only cards then you're missing out. I ask again, are LeBron James' kids privileged?

Success isn’t born just of hard work. It’s born of community, of upbringing, and a lot of luck. Many other factors I can’t think off the top of my head. I grew up in rural nowhere without wealth but I know I had privileges. Hard work is almost always necessary. It’s rarely sufficient.

Sure, anyone born of wealth has some privilege. But race presents advantages as well. To me, it’s undeniable. Lebron’s kids may have wealth, but any young black person can tell you society assumes certain things about people that they don’t assume about others. Black people aren’t given the benefit of the doubt in the same way others are.

See how that works?

We lived in 2-bedroom apt. My dad was taking English classes, my mom was in dental school. We lived off donations from HIAS. By the time I was 9 they were better and purchased a house but they were in a lot of debt. By the time I was 20 they paid off debt, my mom was part of a successful dental practice, my dad was running a team of engineers and since then they have paid back HIAS 10x what they received and have sponsored numerous other Jewish families who wanted to come here. I never went on an expensive vacation in my childhood life. First time I saw Disney, I was 17 and went with my HS classmates post graduation. I had to work every summer and had to take out loans for school. There was no privilege. Only privilege is in your mind. Try growing up with an ethnic name. People don't need to see your skin color they can judge you w/o even meeting you. None of that bothers me. Its life.

Sounds like you had excellent support from your community. I’m glad that was available to you and your parents.

If true the drug addict should have died then

you are SOOOOOO missing the point.

in the freedom loving constitutional USA Floyd should have been restrained, put in the car, taken to jail, TRIED and then dealt with.....

in RUSSIA and N KOREA or CONSERVATIVE freedom-HATING America cops just kill blacks for the heck of it.....NO TRIAL.....

You’re missing the point. He should never have been a free man. Locked up for life. Why was he free?

Prison for life? Your prejudice is reaching record levels.

Oh cripes yer another heartfelt dumbass with that stupid black avatar.... lmao

Another loser

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Success isn’t born just of hard work. It’s born of community, of upbringing, and a lot of luck. Many other factors I can’t think off the top of my head. I grew up in rural nowhere without wealth but I know I had privileges. Hard work is almost always necessary. It’s rarely sufficient.

Sure, anyone born of wealth has some privilege. But race presents advantages as well. To me, it’s undeniable. Lebron’s kids may have wealth, but any young black person can tell you society assumes certain things about people that they don’t assume about others. Black people aren’t given the benefit of the doubt in the same way others are.

Depends where. On a playground those kids thrive. My kids have zero prejudices (they are 10 and 12). To them a kid with two moms or two dads is normal. My 10-year old's BFF comes from a bi-racial HH and her dad is my very good friend. You make up these odd views but in real life, people are just people.

See how that works?

Sounds like you had excellent support from your community. I’m glad that was available to you and your parents.

HIAS is not a community. African Americans can create that same organization. We have many wealthy African Americans. Why don't they do that?

See how that works?

Now now you should have had FREE college!!!!

Free meaning hard working Americans paying for it

in the freedom loving constitutional USA Floyd should have been restrained, put in the car, taken to jail, TRIED and then dealt with.....

in RUSSIA and N KOREA or CONSERVATIVE freedom-HATING America cops just kill blacks for the heck of it.....NO TRIAL.....

You’re missing the point. He should never have been a free man. Locked up for life. Why was he free?

Another loser

Yep and she never cared when African Americans were killing each other at record rates in Chicago. But now she is "woke". The hypocrisy is insane.

In 2009, Floyd served a five-year prison sentence as part of a plea deal on the 2007 charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, reports the Houston Chronicle.

One of his Houston pals, Ronnie Lillard, told the BBC that he became involved in his local ministry, Resurrection Houston, after being freed from jail.

Determined to change himself and help improve his neighbourhood, "Big Floyd" - as he was known - "embraced his own life change [and] he was looking around at his community," Lillard added.
Where did passing counterfeit money fit into his concept of improving himself and his neighborhood?
Oh...and the meth and other drugs?

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

You may have a point there. Black youths are treated as Sacred Cows in America. Merely offending one can start a riot, much like offending a cow in the streets of Calcutta. The black youths get ahold of that, and it makes many of them unwilling to behave because of their status. That hampers their future development.

Would a hundred Liberal cities from coast to coast be burning for weeks, if George Floyd was a Honky who had an altercation with the cops?

See how that works?

Now now you should have had FREE college!!!!

Free meaning hard working Americans paying for it

My grad school was free as my employer paid for it. Shame on me....

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Depends where. On a playground those kids thrive. My kids have zero prejudices (they are 10 and 12). To them a kid with two moms or two dads is normal. My 10-year old's BFF comes from a bi-racial HH and her dad is my very good friend. You make up these odd views but in real life, people are just people.

See how that works?

HIAS is not a community. African Americans can create that same organization. We have many wealthy African Americans. Why don't they do that?

You’re Jewish, are you not? I thought that was a community.

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

Excuse making bullshit for poor decision and poor conduct. The Black elephant in the room is that black males abandon children at an 80% rate and 55% do it twice or more with different women,
As the famous Ron Dellums (black) said 40 years ago “black male children with no adult male for a father are an unregulated carburetor...combining the physical prowess of a male but with no guiding male force they demonstrate the hysteria of a woman lethally combined with the ungroomed physical prowess of a male”
His summary has not changed and won’t until blacks stop pointing at white cops and white people and start being responsible to the families they create .

Another loser

Yep and she never cared when African Americans were killing each other at record rates in Chicago. But now she is "woke". The hypocrisy is insane.

That one is the consumate left loon.

No values just goes with any left loon agenda...weak little sheeple

See how that works?

It’s an ego thing.

See how that works?

You’re Jewish, are you not? I thought that was a community.

I am Jewish. HIAS is a Jewish non profit organization not some "community". African Americans may start one too. A lot more African Americans than Jews. LeBron has a lot of wealth. So does MJ. Oprah. Russell Simmons. Have them start a similar organization and help those in need?

HIAS is a Jewish American nonprofit organization that provides humanitarian aid and assistance to refugees. HIAS was established in 1881 to aid Jewish refugees.

Forum List

Back