"Genocide" Perpetrated By The Administration Via Katrina

Thats what the state governments are for.

No, in fact, state governments are not equipped to handle apocalyptic scale humanitarian disasters, that's why we pay the bulk of our taxes to the federal government. The level of government best equipped to help the citizens in need failed just as miserably as the other levels which were ill equipped.

I don't know what country you come from, or what planet for that matter, but this is America and a good American doesn't stand by and watch his fellow American drown and neither does a good American federal government.

No, in fact, state governments are not equipped to handle apocalyptic scale humanitarian disasters, that's why we pay the bulk of our taxes to the federal government. The level of government best equipped to help the citizens in need failed just as miserably as the other levels which were ill equipped.

I don't know what country you come from, or what planet for that matter, but this is America and a good American doesn't stand by and watch his fellow American drown and neither does a good American federal government.

I live on the north side of the lake and went through Katrina also. The only person that could have done more was the mayor and councilmen of New Orleans. Our state and federal government went far and beyond what was required of them. I have 5 family members in New Orleans that lost 100% of everything they own and only one has collected a dimes worth of insurance. But all 5 families are now back it their new homes (most are double wides) and doing good. Their total help per family from and Government was the initial two thousand from FEMA and all the MREs they could eat. I need a few thousand more to finish my damage, but everything is going to work out and I'm not going to be indebted to taxpayers that whine like you do. And nobody watched nobody drown that could be saved. Everything that could be done was done to try to save the ignorant people that wouldn't leave when they were told to do so. If the able bodied ones would have left, that would have left less more deserving people to have to save. One thing that the Government is guilty of though, is not imploding all the existing buildings and breaking the dams and letting nature take its course for a few years and then building back on the high ground.

I live on the north side of the lake and went through Katrina also. The only person that could have done more was the mayor and councilmen of New Orleans. Our state and federal government went far and beyond what was required of them. I have 5 family members in New Orleans that lost 100% of everything they own and only one has collected a dimes worth of insurance. But all 5 families are now back it their new homes (most are double wides) and doing good. Their total help per family from and Government was the initial two thousand from FEMA and all the MREs they could eat. I need a few thousand more to finish my damage, but everything is going to work out and I'm not going to be indebted to taxpayers that whine like you do. And nobody watched nobody drown that could be saved. Everything that could be done was done to try to save the ignorant people that wouldn't leave when they were told to do so. If the able bodied ones would have left, that would have left less more deserving people to have to save. One thing that the Government is guilty of though, is not imploding all the existing buildings and breaking the dams and letting nature take its course for a few years and then building back on the high ground.

It is refreshing to read some honesty from someone that actually lived it. This asshole Barney Franks spits on the extraordinary work the Coast Guard did to save thousands of these fools that refused to leave. I'm sorry, I watched the progress of that storm and New Orleans was actually very lucky. The breaking of levys has been predicted for decades, it is fortunate that it wasn't the Mississippi levys that gave way, those will go next time and have no doubt about that.... there will be a next time.

Being from Louisiana I have sat through quite a few hurricanes, we never had the advanced warning that came with this one. How could anyone, especially the mayor, watch the color radar footage and not predict how very disasterous this was going to be? The New Orleans people told the world how very stupid they are when they re-electing that idiot racist when he and the Governor should have been run out of the state after a good tar abd feathering. You couldn't pay me to go anywhere near New Orleans.

The truth be known, the Red Cross and the Federal Government were ready to go in but the state wouldn't let them, that is the facts. The city spent 225 million adding luxury boxes to the Superdome the year before, they could have placed provisions like food and water in it with some of that money. Anyone that has walked through Jackson Square and has a brain knew that New Orleans was and still is a disaster waiting to happen, I blame the people and the jerks they have elected for the last century, the Federal Government has nothing to do with it.

We have not discovered the bottom of what blacks can blame whites for. I don't think there is one. Get yourself comfortable with that idea.

We have not discovered the bottom of what blacks can blame whites for. I don't think there is one. Get yourself comfortable with that idea.

those that can not succeed or like the results they do get always blame others for everything .... weak people always behave that way

those that can not succeed or like the results they do get always blame others for everything .... weak people always behave that way

Or people who are willing to follow social mores and laws instead of resorting to violence. The people would take away the guns of private citizens are well aware of this.

I live on the north side of the lake and went through Katrina also. The only person that could have done more was the mayor and councilmen of New Orleans. Our state and federal government went far and beyond what was required of them.

What kind of crack are you smoking? The state and federal governments you refer to have ADMITTED to screwing up.

Everything that could be done was done to try to save the ignorant people that wouldn't leave when they were told to do so. If the able bodied ones would have left,

Oh I see, so now owning a car is part of being "able bodied"

that would have left less more deserving people to have to save.

And if you don't own a car, you're life isn't worth saving because you're too poor.

One thing that the Government is guilty of though, is not imploding all the existing buildings and breaking the dams and letting nature take its course for a few years and then building back on the high ground.

Suck This Dick you Shit Head

It is refreshing to read some honesty from someone that actually lived it. This asshole Barney Franks spits on the extraordinary work the Coast Guard did to save thousands of these fools that refused to leave. I'm sorry, I watched the progress of that storm and New Orleans was actually very lucky. The breaking of levys has been predicted for decades, it is fortunate that it wasn't the Mississippi levys that gave way, those will go next time and have no doubt about that.... there will be a next time.

Being from Louisiana I have sat through quite a few hurricanes, we never had the advanced warning that came with this one. How could anyone, especially the mayor, watch the color radar footage and not predict how very disasterous this was going to be? The New Orleans people told the world how very stupid they are when they re-electing that idiot racist when he and the Governor should have been run out of the state after a good tar abd feathering. You couldn't pay me to go anywhere near New Orleans.

The truth be known, the Red Cross and the Federal Government were ready to go in but the state wouldn't let them, that is the facts. The city spent 225 million adding luxury boxes to the Superdome the year before, they could have placed provisions like food and water in it with some of that money. Anyone that has walked through Jackson Square and has a brain knew that New Orleans was and still is a disaster waiting to happen, I blame the people and the jerks they have elected for the last century, the Federal Government has nothing to do with it.

I drove through the country right after the storm. It was bad - no power, no fuel, and food and other supplies were scarce because no stores were open. It was certainly nothing I would have wanted to live through. My grandpa in St. Tammany lost a fortune on his tree farm, trees that had been growing for decades split like toothpicks.

But it wasn't anything like what was going on in New Orleans. N.O. had all of these problems in addition to having floodwaters that weren't receding and a far larger number of people in one area and a police force not big enough or well equipped enough to enforce law and order.

Sums up for anyone that thought of having a discussion with you why its a waste of time. It'd be like trying to explain global economics to a 3 year old.

Name calling will not be tolerated, that's been noted. So go ahead and make your points insein.

I drove through the country right after the storm. It was bad - no power, no fuel, and food and other supplies were scarce because no stores were open. It was certainly nothing I would have wanted to live through. My grandpa in St. Tammany lost a fortune on his tree farm, trees that had been growing for decades split like toothpicks.

But it wasn't anything like what was going on in New Orleans. N.O. had all of these problems in addition to having floodwaters that weren't receding and a far larger number of people in one area and a police force not big enough or well equipped enough to enforce law and order.

The part I've always had a hard time with Spiderman, was the NEED to enforce law and order. Generally, during a disaster of that scale, you have some looting, but NOT to the scale, that was going on in NO.

In addition, these people seemed incapable of helping themselves. The infirm, the disabled, I understand. But the lack of city services, remember the buses? The terrible police response, remember the police LEAVING the Super Dome? The outright armed conflict between gangs, and police? We don't even know HALF the stories, really don't need to, just rest assured, people generally get just what they deserve, that truism certainly applies to NO.

The truly sad ending to this story? That innocent people, those that DID deserve aid were caught in the trap set by those "bridge people", and THAT really pisses me off.

The part I've always had a hard time with Spiderman, was the NEED to enforce law and order. Generally, during a disaster of that scale, you have some looting, but NOT to the scale, that was going on in NO.

That's obvious, isn't it?

In addition, these people seemed incapable of helping themselves.

Yeah, that's what happens in large scale natural disasters. That's why we have things like FEMA and Red Cross in the first place, precisely because people, to varying degrees - ranging from simply needing some gasoline and a little to eat, to needing to be airlifted off of a roof - are incapable of helping themselves when massive natural disasters hit.

Once again though, this is obvious.

The infirm, the disabled, I understand.

You understand what about them?

But the lack of city services, remember the buses? The terrible police response, remember the police LEAVING the Super Dome? The outright armed conflict between gangs, and police? We don't even know HALF the stories, really don't need to, just rest assured, people generally get just what they deserve, that truism certainly applies to NO.

I certainly hope you don't consider yourself a Christian, since you think children deserve to watch their entire families die before their eyes.

Oh, and also, I respectfully suggest you go have sexual relations with yourself.

That's obvious, isn't it?

What's obvious about it?

Yeah, that's what happens in large scale natural disasters. That's why we have things like FEMA and Red Cross in the first place, precisely because people, to varying degrees - ranging from simply needing some gasoline and a little to eat, to needing to be airlifted off of a roof - are incapable of helping themselves when massive natural disasters hit.

Once again though, this is obvious.

Not obvious at all Spiderman.

First off, FEMA, and the Red Cross were designed to do different jobs. FEMA is to "back up" State, and local government agencies, which are much better trained for local response, and know the "lay of the land", now, THAT is obvious.

Second, the Red Cross was never meant to be a lead element in ANY rescue efforts, they are care givers, and show up AFTER the fact with aid to RESCUED people. That too, is, as you say, obvious, to even the most casual observer.

You understand what about them?

OBVIOUSLY much more than YOU do.

I certainly hope you don't consider yourself a Christian, since you think children deserve to watch their entire families die before their eyes.

Its a gene pool thing Spinderman, sorry YOU weren't caught out.

Oh, and also, I respectfully suggest you go have sexual relations with yourself.

I was wondering when you would get around to your now, infamous "tag line".

Sometimes I forget who we're dealing with.:eusa_naughty:

What's obvious about it?

Jeez, the fact that everyone already knows it?

Not obvious at all Spiderman.

First off, FEMA, and the Red Cross were designed to do different jobs. FEMA is to "back up" State, and local government agencies, which are much better trained for local response, and know the "lay of the land", now, THAT is obvious.

Would you hire a "back up" quarterback that couldn't throw, or an understudy that couldn't act? What good is a "back up" when it is apparently incapable of filling in for the primary?

The "lay of the land"? Are you kidding? The U.S. Government has the most accurate maps of the entire United States than anyone else, and the U.S. military is entirely capable of performing in any geographical situation provided its given the proper orders, as the Coast Guard amply demonstrated.

Second, the Red Cross was never meant to be a lead element in ANY rescue efforts, they are care givers, and show up AFTER the fact with aid to RESCUED people. That too, is, as you say, obvious, to even the most casual observer.

The Red Cross did as well as would be expected, they didn't, for instance, possess the might of the U.S. military and take days to even start to rescue thousands of stranded people w/o food water sanitation or health care. They had some failures, but no one is perfect.

OBVIOUSLY much more than YOU do.

Please, elaborate.

Forum List

Back