Genius Obama says rich must pay their fair share

Brutus

Feb 17, 2011
I guess no one told him that the top 1% pay 38% of all Federal income taxes or that $200,000 does not make you rich when combined taxes already take $100,000 and your mortgage takes $70,000 for an average house on East or West Coast.

I don't know if I'd call Obama a "genius" or not. What I do know is that he's right about this: the rich are undertaxed in this country. What I also know is that statistical inversion remains a fallacy no matter how many times it's repeated, and the share of income taxes paid by the rich -- as opposed to the share of their income they pay in taxes -- means nothing at all.

I guess no one told him that the top 1% pay 38% of all Federal income taxes or that $200,000 does not make you rich when combined taxes already take $100,000 and your mortgage takes $70,000 for an average house on East or West Coast.
He knows. He is just lying to the sheep again.

Yea, but how much do they make using roads built by middle class? Using bridges and electricity from a grid and dams built by a middle class? Making money from factories built and staffed with the middle class? Being protected by firemen and police from the middle class? In a country where the middle class send their young off to war to protect that wealth the rich accrued with the help of, you guess it, the middle class?

The middle class paid with blood, sweat and the lives of their children. The rich can pay their fair share.

You know you right wingers aren't rich. But you are fools.

I don't know if I'd call Obama a "genius" or not. What I do know is that he's right about this: the rich are undertaxed in this country.

how can they be undertaxed when they pay all of the tax?????????
See how easy thinking can be?

What I also know is that statistical inversion remains a fallacy no matter how many times it's repeated, and the share of income taxes paid by the rich -- as opposed to the share of their income they pay in taxes -- means nothing at all.

what?????????

Yea, but how much do they make using roads built by middle class?

Actually everyone makes 100% of what they make using the roads. Sorry. Taxes are based on income, not how many miles you drive

Using bridges and electricity from a grid and dams built by a middle class? Making money from factories built and staffed with the middle class? Being protected by firemen and police from the middle class? In a country where the middle class send their young off to war to protect that wealth the rich accrued with the help of, you guess it, the middle class?

actually the police and fire protect middle class too!!. Sorry!!

The rich can pay their fair share.

isn't nearly 100% their fair share??? Why not think before you post?
Are you worried you make liberals look dumb?

Yea, but how much do they make using roads built by middle class? Using bridges and electricity from a grid and dams built by a middle class? Making money from factories built and staffed with the middle class? Being protected by firemen and police from the middle class? In a country where the middle class send their young off to war to protect that wealth the rich accrued with the help of, you guess it, the middle class?

The middle class paid with blood, sweat and the lives of their children. The rich can pay their fair share.

I'm not a envious, jealous, hate-filled person like yourself. Somewhere along the way someone convinced you that the key to your happiness is to denigrate people that have more than you and that the only way people acquire wealth is by stealing it, and that no one who has wealth earned it.

What you demonstrate is a simplistic understanding of economics which unfortunately and quite obviously the current occupant of the White House shares.

The majority of American's aren't envious assholes like yourself.

I guess this is Obama's bright idea on how to create jobs.

"I will not rest till every American that wants a job gets a job.....and while we're waiting on that LET'S TAX THE SHIT OUT OF THE RICH!!!!!"

We find out about waste under his administration......"Let's Tax The Rich"

We find out he's been giving guns to Mexican Drug Cartels....."Let's Tax The Rich".

We discover his jobs program is just another Stimulus......."Let's Tax The Rich".

Last edited:
The majority of American's aren't envious assholes like yourself.

exactly, they envy the intelligence and success of the rich and feel diminished or embarrassed by their relative inadequacy. They feel worse knowing the rich provide their jobs and invent the new products that got them from the stone age to here. In many ways we are all free loaders off Steve Jobs and his ilk. We owe them 1000 times more than they owe us.

Also, the liberal will have a low IQ and so feel the rich got there at the expense of the poor. This is right out of Marx.

Brutus- your stats are ridiculously off, and you're ruining the memory of my dog. The top 400 FAMILIES make more than the bottom 60%!! You are clueless. The bottom 40% have 0.3% of the wealth. Third world stuff ALREADY!! TY Voodoo....

how can they be undertaxed when they pay all of the tax?????????
See how easy thinking can be?

Apparently it requires a good deal more effort than you are giving it.

what?????????

Statistical inversion. That's the fallacy involving using the wrong categories to ask a question. You're asking "what share of the total tax burden is paid by the rich?" when you should instead be asking "what share of their income do the rich pay?"

You do see that these are not the same question, right?

The reason that the rich pay such a large share of the total income tax burden is not because they're taxed at a high rate, but simply because they hog such a large share of the total income. A huge share of the total income = a huge share of the total income tax. It has nothing to do with whether they are taxed fairly or not, merely how skewed our income distribution is in this country.

What share of the total income tax is paid by the rich means nothing. Zip. Nada. Squat. It's not even worth talking about. Instead, we need to talk about what share of their total income they pay in taxes. That will tell us:

1) How much more they can pay, if necessary, before they are seriously inconvenienced.
2) Whether they pay a larger or smaller share of their income than the non-rich, and by how much.
3) If taxes must be raised, how much it will hurt the rich to tax them, compared to how much it would hurt to raise the taxes of the non-rich.

These are the important things to consider when asking whether to raise taxes on the rich, along with the state of the federal budget and what we need to spend revenues on. And none of them can be answered by asking how much of the total tax burden is paid by the rich.

Did the middle class do these things for free? Are you saying a high earner never worked on a road or electrical project? Nobody who makes what Obama calls "rich" ever served in the military?

LET'S TAX THE SHIT OUT OF THE RICH!!!!!" [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE]

yes and diminish their ability to create jobs, but, we can always hope the Girl Scouts will fill the void with new jobs and products!!

Obama is a garden-variety Marxist...

Very similar to Carter in his pathology..

I'm pretty sure both are sociopaths as well as half of modern progressives. They do what they do for image not for kindness.

Both believe people, voters or what have you will see them as a sort of "savior" and that is because they're obsessed with themselves.

Both are certainly narcissistic and both have a serious problem with capitalism when its not benefiting their voting base.

I mean Carter only goes and visits the Kim-il boys of North Korea regularly... Oh then he occasionally brings back idiot Americans that thought it was a good idea to hike into North Korea - As if the military wouldn't immediately capture them and bring them to camps..

Of course the communist loving hippies are considered spies until Carter comes with sucking KJI's dick promising cantaloupe and other supplies which are in turn sold off to China..

Clinton got fleeced twice on food aid.....

Oh all the while Kim Jong-Il is drinking from $15,000 bottles of whiskey telling his people hes the son of God while they eat grass or starve to death...

Yeah Jimmy Carters BFF.........................

Totalitarian moonbattery.....

yes and diminish their ability to create jobs

And there's another myth.

The guy signing the paychecks doesn't "create" the jobs he's signing the checks for. The consumers who buy the products that the employee will produce with his labor, they're the ones who created the job. If there was no market for the products, the employee would get laid off. If the market increased, someone else would be hired. How much money the guy signing the checks has in the company bank account doesn't matter. How much money the customers have in their bank accounts, that's what matters. If the demand exists to justify it, the company can always find the capital to hire someone. If the demand doesn't, they won't. It's that simple.

The rich don't create jobs. The middle class and working class, who represent the bulk of consumers, create jobs. Taxing the rich does not kill jobs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back