Genetics

SandyGirl

Rookie
Dec 24, 2013
I seen a documentary recently that said that the average white European is typically 3 % sub Saharan African, that 3 % of our DNA is shared with Black sub Saharan Africans.

And this is an argument for what exactly ?

The Human race as a whole shares 97 % of our DNA with chimpanzees.

So what you actually said, in reality, is that UNLIKE the Human race's 97 % similarity to chimpanzees, there is also a 97 % DIFFERENCE between White Europeans and Black sub Saharan Africans.

Both Black Sub Saharan Africans, and White Europeans are far and away more related to Chimpanzees, than what we are related to each other.

If you think that you can tell me, that there is any difference (because any difference in genetics is a huge difference) and Im supposed to give a fucking flying rats ass, about a continent that I am not native to, where the people there don't want me there, where I don't belong, where my Intellectual capacity far exceeds the African median, A place that I could make a far fucking better place by my fucking self, just on the basis of a 3 % DNA similarity just for being a human being at all, I will gladly take a map of Africa, and Jam it up your fucking ass, you stupid fucking moron !

With just 3 % of my DNA POSSIBLY coming from Africa, I am not related to a single fucking thing there, the difference is millions of years !

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I seen a documentary recently that said that the average white European is typically 3 % sub Saharan African, that 3 % of our DNA is shared with Black sub Saharan Africans.

So what you actually said, in reality, is that UNLIKE the Human race's 97 % similarity to chimpanzees, there is also a 97 % DIFFERENCE between White Europeans and Black sub Saharan Africans.

Both Black Sub Saharan Africans, and White Europeans are far and away more related to Chimpanzees, than what we are related to each other.

If you think that you can tell me, that there is any difference (because any difference in genetics is a huge difference) and Im supposed to give a fucking flying rats ass, about a continent that I am not native to, where the people there don't want me there, where I don't belong, where my Intellectual capacity far exceeds the African median, A place that I could make a far fucking better place by my fucking self, just on the basis of a 3 % DNA similarity just for being a human being at all, I will gladly take a map of Africa, and Jam it up your fucking ass, you stupid fucking moron !

With just 3 % of my DNA POSSIBLY coming from Africa, I am not related to a single fucking thing there, the difference is millions of years !

Have a nice day.

You should have paid more attention to the documentary that you SAW recently.

Two different things: 1) the proportion of DNA that we share with chimps and 2) what an individuals mitochondrial DNA indicates about the likely place of origin of his ancestors.

Individual A might have 60% european, 37% mid east 3% african. And B 50% 47% east asian and 3% african. And C 80% african and 20% european, But ALL THREE, together with everyone else will share 97% of their DNA with chimps.

If that is still not clear see me after class.

To SandyGirl:

With respect to human DNA, you say, “There a 97 % DIFFERENCE between White Europeans and Black sub Saharan Africans” and that “Both Black Sub Saharan Africans, and White Europeans are far and away more related to Chimpanzees, than what we are related to each other.” I don't know the source of your information, but I strongly suggest you find more reliable and knowledgeable sources. Here are a few links to get you on the right track:

“While there are significant differences among the genomes of human individuals (on the order of 0.1%), these are considerably smaller than the differences between humans and their closest living relatives, the chimpanzees (approximately 1%) and bonobos.”

Human genome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“To put this into perspective, the number of genetic differences between humans and chimps is approximately 60 times less than that seen between human and mouse and about 10 times less than between the mouse and rat. On the other hand, the number of genetic differences between a human and a chimp is about 10 times more than between any two humans.”

2005 Release: New Genome Comparison Finds Chimps, Humans Very Similar at DNA Level

“All humans are 99.9 per cent identical and, of that tiny 0.1 per cent difference, 94 per cent of the variation is among individuals from the same populations and only six per cent between individuals from different populations.”

DNA survey finds all humans are 99.9pc the same - Telegraph

Comparing the DNA of humans to monkeys and other species, one source noted that even a banana had 50% of the same DNA as humans (and a fruit fly about 60%):

“Comparing genetic duplications in genes, the number lowers to 96%. What's a duplication? As Even Eichler of University of Washington says, if we consider the genetic code as a book, entire pages will be repeated in one species but not the other. So conservatively, we are 96% alike with out closest cousin [the monkey]. Here's some other common animals and our genetic similarites (these numbers are consistent across all reliable sources): explanatory insert my own).

Cat: 90%
Cow: 80%
Mouse: 75%
Fruit Fly: 60%
Banana: 50%” (explanatory insertion my own).

Gene Cuisine: Human DNA similarities to chimps and bananas, what does it mean?

See also:

Differences between the Human Genome and Drosophila Fruit Flies used in Research by Elton Gahr | Sciences 360

It is impossible that the DNA of Africans is only 3% identical to non-Africans and no scientist would ever make such a claim. Although I do not know the source of your information, I suggest that what the person was trying to say was that present day Whites are 3% African with respect to those particular genetic differences between Blacks and Whites. But there is a difference in comparing racial characteristics (which account for an insignificant portion of human DNA variations (about one-tenth of one percent) and total DNA. For example, Barack Obama is roughly 50% White and 50% Black, but since he is 100% human his DNA is at least 99.9% the same as mine (I'm White) and also yours.

I hope this helps you.

Have a nice day.

see what happens when you use your memory and don't use info to back up your assertions? Or aspirations.

Genetics Gutter

The American genetics-fantasy comic book franchise "X-Men" (Marvel Comics) offers strange mutation-pensive avatars such as Sabretooth (a half-man, half-beast brute) and Cyclops (a hero with laser-powers) who represent human curiosity about genetics mischief.

:afro:

Forum List

Back