General Motors Plans To Exclusively Offer Electric Vehicles By 2035

This is very good news.

Infrastructure needs to be built to expand charging stations around the nation and I hope that happens.

Other auto makers are following GM's example and converting to 100% electric cars.

This is a good step in the right direction to combat climate change and the pollution that is killing our planet.

And our gas powered used autos will all end up in Africa, as they become more obsolete. The population of Africa is expected to grow from 1.3 Billion to over 4 Billion by the end of the century.

And mining to manufacture batteries will lead to more quasi colonization in African countries. These countries have massive amounts of lithium, graphite, colbalt etc. So either US manufactures will have to set up massive supply chains over there or let China continue to do it and then they will export batteries to the USA LOL.
Welcome to the fresh....

The Radioactive Diamond Battery That Will Run For 28,000 Years
It's powered by nuclear waste, but still safe for humans.

We know—that sounds wild. The potential game-changer comes from the U.S. startup NDB, which stands for Nano Diamond Battery, a “high-power diamond-based alpha, beta, and neutron voltaic battery” its research scientist founders say can give devices “life-long and green energy.”

Could NDB’s bold claim actually become a reality?

To build its nano diamond battery, NDB combines radioactive isotopes from nuclear waste with layers of paneled nano diamonds. Diamonds are a rare thing to begin with, but their extremely good heat conductance makes them even more unusual in the realm of construction of devices. Micro-sized single crystal diamonds move heat away from the radioactive isotope materials so quickly that the transaction generates electricity.
And one battery will only cost $2.8 million.

Nobody wants those goody looking hoopties. Well, nobody except goofy looking people anyway.

This is very good news.

Infrastructure needs to be built to expand charging stations around the nation and I hope that happens.

Other auto makers are following GM's example and converting to 100% electric cars.

This is a good step in the right direction to combat climate change and the pollution that is killing our planet.

And our gas powered used autos will all end up in Africa, as they become more obsolete. The population of Africa is expected to grow from 1.3 Billion to over 4 Billion by the end of the century.

And mining to manufacture batteries will lead to more quasi colonization in African countries. These countries have massive amounts of lithium, graphite, colbalt etc. So either US manufactures will have to set up massive supply chains over there or let China continue to do it and then they will export batteries to the USA LOL.
Welcome to the fresh....

We know—that sounds wild. The potential game-changer comes from the U.S. startup NDB, which stands for Nano Diamond Battery, a “high-power diamond-based alpha, beta, and neutron voltaic battery” its research scientist founders say can give devices “life-long and green energy.”

To build its nano diamond battery, NDB combines radioactive isotopes from nuclear waste with layers of paneled nano diamonds. Diamonds are a rare thing to begin with, but their extremely good heat conductance makes them even more unusual in the realm of construction of devices. Micro-sized single crystal diamonds move heat away from the radioactive isotope materials so quickly that the transaction generates electricity.
Probably, if they use industrial man made diamonds it might be cheaper, just think you buy an EV with this battery and the cost is so high your next ten family generations will be paying on it to own it.

This is very good news.

Welcome to the fresh....

Probably, if they use industrial man made diamonds it might be cheaper, just think you buy an EV with this battery and the cost is so high your next ten family generations will be paying on it to own it.
But the air will be clean while they pay for it all their life.

An ev that cost more than your house is not gonna be popular and the damned internal combustion autos being as much as a house will not be popular either.

I remember how expensive VCR's were when they came out........CD players........Digital TV's. Etc.

That said, I doubt they accomplish this by 2035. We have come nowhere close to addressing the issues millions face with owning an electric car. Like those who live in apt buildings.
Lots of retailers, auto dealers, have free charging stations now but only because so few cars on the road are EV. I would imagine modern apartment complexes will add charging stations when enough autos are EV. And they will charge some sort of fee, either built into the monthly rent or a la carte.

I imagine new buildings will. But that still leaves many without. I support EV's but the problem is also competing technologies. A GM EV can't charge at a Tesla charging station. We should standardize this.
Standardization makes too much sense so it won't happen.

The lifetime impact of internal combustion vehicles vs electric vehicles, gives the edge to the electric vehicle.

However, during the manufacturing process, ev's have a harsh impact on the environment. The mining for metals for battery construction is very dirty.
This will become a very big issue worldwide when you consider the amount of mining needed once all vehicles are ev's and the demand becomes enormous.
The OP and other greenies will be back in a couple decades demanding the ev industry be killed.
In the end, they want us all living in urban areas, with a central government where mobility is by walking or bicycling, and the population is much easier to control. They hate rural America, rural inhabitants, and individualism.

This is very good news.

I'll bet they don't.

The lifetime impact of internal combustion vehicles vs electric vehicles, gives the edge to the electric vehicle.

However, during the manufacturing process, ev's have a harsh impact on the environment. The mining for metals for battery construction is very dirty.
This will become a very big issue worldwide when you consider the amount of mining needed once all vehicles are ev's and the demand becomes enormous.
The OP and other greenies will be back in a couple decades demanding the ev industry be killed.
In the end, they want us all living in urban areas, with a central government where mobility is by walking or bicycling, and the population is much easier to control. They hate rural America, rural inhabitants, and individualism.

Technology marches forward. The way electric vehicles are built today likely isn't how they will be built in the future. EV is good because it is a step forward. There will be other steps.

An EV that could go 300 miles would have been unthinkable not that long ago.

This is very good news.

Welcome to the fresh....

But the air will be clean while they pay for it all their life.
If they stop eating and farting, maybe..

Stupid idea. Won't happen. As woke as GM might think they are, they still have to answer to their stock holders.

Yup and from what I've read these electric cars are expensive as hell. Who can afford to buy one??

I HATE it when executives make "promises" that can only be fulfilled after they are long gone...probably dead. It is especially bad in the political world, but bad here as well.

NOBODY knows where the technology will lead, or where circumstances will dictate between now and 2035. How many times has GM introduced a car or a lineup anticipating some big change in the marketplace that never happened? They have been dicking around with electric cars for at least 40 years.

I HATE it when executives make "promises" that can only be fulfilled after they are long gone...probably dead. It is especially bad in the political world, but bad here as well.

NOBODY knows where the technology will lead, or where circumstances will dictate between now and 2035. How many times has GM introduced a car or a lineup anticipating some big change in the marketplace that never happened? They have been dicking around with electric cars for at least 40 years.
The corporations are just playing a game with the masses they are trying to be hip with the young crowd. I bet they don't do it. They do make EV's now but they are sixty to one hundred twenty thousand bucks. I have a sister in law with a hybrid and it cost her 60k ten years ago.

That's a lot of charging stations.

I don't have an EV. But I rented a hybrid a little while ago and I have to say I was extremely impressed with how quiet it was and how far I went on $6 worth of gas.

This is very good news.

How will the power be generated to charge all of these veicles?

Forum List

Back