General Motors Plans To Exclusively Offer Electric Vehicles By 2035

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is very good news.

Infrastructure needs to be built to expand charging stations around the nation and I hope that happens.

Other auto makers are following GM's example and converting to 100% electric cars.

This is a good step in the right direction to combat climate change and the pollution that is killing our planet.

This is very good news.

Infrastructure needs to be built to expand charging stations around the nation and I hope that happens.

Other auto makers are following GM's example and converting to 100% electric cars.

This is a good step in the right direction to combat climate change and the pollution that is killing our planet.

Their bankruptcy is coming.

Global warming is model based tripe.

This is very good news.

how are you going to pay for the asphalted roads

This is very good news.

They will find reasons to change their mind by then, because some people don't want pure electric vehicles.

This is very good news.

No, it's happened before. There just wasn't any humans around to exploit it.

An ev that cost more than your house is not gonna be popular and the damned internal combustion autos being as much as a house will not be popular either.

Right now the sub-prime loans on vehicles have the highest rate of foreclosures and repossession in the market.

Says the dinosaur, shrieking and wailing in the tar pit as life continues to pass them by.

By 2035, battery full charge times will be 15 minutes, or less. Most people can grab a coffee while their battery tops off. This is, indeed, the future.

This is very good news.

Just where does electricity comes from? Where is the electricity to power all these cars going to come from?

An ev that cost more than your house is not gonna be popular and the damned internal combustion autos being as much as a house will not be popular either.

I remember how expensive VCR's were when they came out........CD players........Digital TV's. Etc.

That said, I doubt they accomplish this by 2035. We have come nowhere close to addressing the issues millions face with owning an electric car. Like those who live in apt buildings.

I remember how expensive VCR's were when they came out........CD players........Digital TV's. Etc.

That said, I doubt they accomplish this by 2035. We have come nowhere close to addressing the issues millions face with owning an electric car. Like those who live in apt buildings.
Is the car going to need to fit into the apartment?

This is very good news.

And our gas powered used autos will all end up in Africa, as they become more obsolete. The population of Africa is expected to grow from 1.3 Billion to over 4 Billion by the end of the century.

And mining to manufacture batteries will lead to more quasi colonization in African countries. These countries have massive amounts of lithium, graphite, colbalt etc. So either US manufactures will have to set up massive supply chains over there or let China continue to do it and then they will export batteries to the USA LOL.

Says the dinosaur, shrieking and wailing in the tar pit as life continues to pass them by.

By 2035, battery full charge times will be 15 minutes, or less. Most people can grab a coffee while their battery tops off. This is, indeed, the future.

People won't accept them fully until it takes the SAME amount of time as it takes to fill a gas tank, 5 minutes or less. They also won't accept them in colder climates where heating requirements probably halve the effective ranges of the vehicles.

No, but there is going to have to be charging stations all around the apartment building.

This is very good news.

And our gas powered used autos will all end up in Africa, as they become more obsolete. The population of Africa is expected to grow from 1.3 Billion to over 4 Billion by the end of the century.

And mining to manufacture batteries will lead to more quasi colonization in African countries. These countries have massive amounts of lithium, graphite, colbalt etc. So either US manufactures will have to set up massive supply chains over there or let China continue to do it and then they will export batteries to the USA LOL.
Welcome to the fresh....

The Radioactive Diamond Battery That Will Run For 28,000 Years
It's powered by nuclear waste, but still safe for humans.

We know—that sounds wild. The potential game-changer comes from the U.S. startup NDB, which stands for Nano Diamond Battery, a “high-power diamond-based alpha, beta, and neutron voltaic battery” its research scientist founders say can give devices “life-long and green energy.”

Could NDB’s bold claim actually become a reality?

To build its nano diamond battery, NDB combines radioactive isotopes from nuclear waste with layers of paneled nano diamonds. Diamonds are a rare thing to begin with, but their extremely good heat conductance makes them even more unusual in the realm of construction of devices. Micro-sized single crystal diamonds move heat away from the radioactive isotope materials so quickly that the transaction generates electricity.

No, but there is going to have to be charging stations all around the apartment building.
My suggestion is they put solar panels on the roof of the car to recharge constantly.

Lots of retailers, auto dealers, have free charging stations now but only because so few cars on the road are EV. I would imagine modern apartment complexes will add charging stations when enough autos are EV. And they will charge some sort of fee, either built into the monthly rent or a la carte.

Lots of retailers, auto dealers, have free charging stations now but only because so few cars on the road are EV. I would imagine modern apartment complexes will add charging stations when enough autos are EV. And they will charge some sort of fee, either built into the monthly rent or a la carte.

I imagine new buildings will. But that still leaves many without. I support EV's but the problem is also competing technologies. A GM EV can't charge at a Tesla charging station. We should standardize this.

New Topics

Forum List

Back