General Motors: Climate change is real

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
The last word on climate change and electric cars:

“We want to get as many EVs on the road as possible,” said Mary Barra, the GM chief executive. “We believe climate change is real, and we have the ability and responsibility to create a cleaner, healthier planet.”

Source: San Francisco Chronicle, “GM lays out ambitions for electric-vehicle lineup,” Mar. 8, 2020

Or does someone here want to claim that General Motors is part of the George Soros-funded global Marxist conspiracy?

GM more than any other car manufacturer has invested heavily in a technology that by and large people don't want...they over did it and now they are hurting because of it....they guessed Obama would be president forever...they guessed wrong...so now they must join the scare team...they must try and get you scared to death that the sky is falling...especially now because they know Trump won't bail them out like Obama did.....

It must be the factories they built in warmer climates overseas after they left Detroit and other cities close by a lot thinner.

This is surprising in the extreme. An American corporation hoping to profit from the AGW hysteria.

I sincerely hope GM can come up with the "goods." The Tesla Model S has been with us for 8 years and not a single company has been able to match its combination of range, performance, and reliability. Porsche now has a ridiculously-overpriced Taycan that barely matches Tesla's numbers, but can't even go 200 miles on a full charge. For 50% more money. GM? I'm hopeful but not holding my breath.

And I hope the dealer network is on board; their service departments will be suffering big-time if the product mix moves to EV.

Climate change has been always real.

We live in a different climate than the climate of Medieval times. And a different climate than the climate of Moses times.

Making electric cars won't change our climate in order to return back to the one in 1800.

Besides, the army industry uses the heavier machines, where war tanks, war airplanes, war ships alone make twice, triple and more pollution proportion than all the cars in the streets. You must demand for electric war airplanes Lol.

GM is pulling your legs. Ford company is already changing regular gasoline cars into electric cars.They are not doing it because pollution but because for them is cheaper and can make more profit selling electric cars.

Climate change has been always real.

We live in a different climate than the climate of Medieval times. And a different climate than the climate of Moses times.

Making electric cars won't change our climate in order to return back to the one in 1800.

Besides, the army industry uses the heavier machines, where war tanks, war airplanes, war ships alone make twice, triple and more pollution proportion than all the cars in the streets. You must demand for electric war airplanes Lol.

GM is pulling your legs. Ford company is already changing regular gasoline cars into electric cars.They are not doing it because pollution but because for them is cheaper and can make more profit selling electric cars.

There's not one shred of evidence to support this claim ... all I ask is one written document from anywhere in the temperate portions of the world that states prevailing winds are from the East ... anytime in history, or any proxy from pre-history ... just one ...

Temperatures have gone up and down slightly over the past 10,000 years, but that's only a minor factor in climate ... we also have to consider pressure, humidity, wind speed and direction, and precipitation rates and timing ... particularly, wind direction and proximity to open ocean dominate climate on land ... and of course climate doesn't change over the oceans ... I'm sorry, "climate change" is New Speak, the term is intended to cause fear where there is nothing to fear ... the IPCC reports a single degree Centigrade slowly over the next fifty years, try common sense ...

Forum List

Back