General Huck the Traitor

cranston36

Apr 11, 2006
After learning that Maj. Gen. Richard A. Huck of Camp LeJeune, then the commander of the Second Marine Division, reduced the sentence of Corporal Pimienta (who had murdered a fellow Marine by mishandling his weapon and then fled to Europe to escape prosecution) to six years and the dishonorable discharge to a bad-conduct discharge I realized the depths to which the United States Marine Corps has fallen.
Major General Huck, in my opinion, is not fit for command.
I don’t think he is the type of man that should be in the Marine Corps.
The lack of judgment he used trying to hide this crime seemed a misguided attempt to maintain the reputation of the Marine Corps. Instead he tarnished it.
It shows to the world gang style operations which present the Marine Corps not as an honorable group fighting for freedom but a gang led by out of touch officers who allow the enlisted men to kill one another instead of the enemy.
This then, makes Major General Richard Huck, in my opinion, a danger not only the Marine Corps but to the United States of America.
I understand that the military during peacetime allows men like Huck to move forward because other citizens are doing other things - but that is no excuse to allow him to continue in his office.
The honorable thing that Major General Huck should do, if he is capable of honorable action (which I thoroughly doubt) would be to resign and decline his retirement pay immediately.

After learning that Maj. Gen. Richard A. Huck of Camp LeJeune, then the commander of the Second Marine Division, reduced the sentence of Corporal Pimienta (who had murdered a fellow Marine by mishandling his weapon and then fled to Europe to escape prosecution) to six years and the dishonorable discharge to a bad-conduct discharge I realized the depths to which the United States Marine Corps has fallen.
The lack of judgment he used trying to hide this crime seemed a misguided attempt to maintain the reputation of the Marine Corps. Instead he tarnished it.
It shows to the world gang style operations which present the Marine Corps not as an honorable group fighting for freedom but a gang led by out of touch officers who allow the enlisted men to kill one another instead of the enemy.
This then, makes Major General Richard Huck, in my opinion, a danger not only the Marine Corps but to the United States of America.
I understand that the military during peacetime allows men like Huck to move forward because other citizens are doing other things - but that is no excuse to allow him to continue in his office.
The honorable thing that Major General Huck should do, if he is capable of honorable action (which I thoroughly doubt) would be to resign and decline his retirement pay immediately.

STFU. The type of discharge given is dictated by regulation, not by a General. One either meets the criteria or doesn't. There is very little gray area.

And please explain how mishandling a weapon equates to "murder." Negligent homicide maybe, but not murder.

You're an idiot and obviously know absolutely NOTHING about military law.

EVEN IF your uneducated opinion was close to correct, the individual actions of one do not tarnish the legacy of the US Marine Corps except in pea brains like yours.

Do you even know the difference between a bad conduct discharge and a dishonorable discharge and the implications of each?

I am sure your basing your opinion on your vast military experience ... right?

Do you know anything about the good General? Know anything about his past performance, where he has served, what commands and positions he has held? Know what decorations and awards he earned? Thought not.

Sez you. I presume you are offended because you are a Marine? Thought not.

Oh yeah, sure...the Marines spend more time trying to kill each other than they do the enemy...moron!

The greatest danger to America is opinionated fools like you. It is certainly not the US MArine Corps. By the way, care to tell us what heroic sacrifices you have made for this country? Thought not.

First, it's not an "office". Second, those "other citizens" couldn't lead a hungry bulldog to a meat market, never mind US Marines. Care to tell us what great leadership responsibilities you bear and those outstanding leadership positions you've held in the Marines or any other military organization (Cub Scouts is not a military organization!)? Thought not.

You wouldn't recognize honor if it was being pumped up our butt through a fire hose.

You dont know what you are talking about. Your opinion on this is worth absolutely nothing and your maligning the Marine Corps in general and individual Marines in particular just show what an ass you truly are.

I suppose now that the Dems have some power it will soon be popular to bash the military and relegate its members to second class citizenship. I suspect you and others like you can now express a big sigh of relief in that you don't have to pretend you support the troops anymore.

General Huck will be retire or he will be removed.
The marine is now being sent into jail with real criminals who when they discover what he did to a real marine will carry out the justice you seem to unwilling to embrace.

Your arrogant words dress up a cowardly position.

Son, unless you're looking to have your ass handed to you on a platter, which it looks like CSM and GunnyL have already done, you need to read up on military law in general, and the UCMJ in particular.

The accidental discharge of a weapon resulting in the death of another does not constitute murder, not even in civilian courts. At worst, it is negligent homicide.

You dont know what you are talking about. Your opinion on this is worth absolutely nothing and your maligning the Marine Corps in general and individual Marines in particular just show what an ass you truly are.

I suppose now that the Dems have some power it will soon be popular to bash the military and relegate its members to second class citizenship. I suspect you and others like you can now express a big sigh of relief in that you don't have to pretend you support the troops anymore.

While I agree whole heartedly with the first paragraph, I don't your second. I don't think it will become "...popular to bash the military and relegate its members to second class citizenship...", regardless of who is in power.

The marine is now being sent into jail with real criminals who when they discover what he did to a real marine will carry out the justice you seem to unwilling to embrace.

Are you now, or have you ever, served in the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the military for that matter?

<blockquote>CSM

Branch: United States Army

Date/s: 1968- 2002 (six year break between 1983 and 1989)

1968-1983 Active US Army
1989-2002 Army National Guard

<blockquote>GunnyL

Branch: United States Marine Corps

Date/s: 80 - 2000

Son, unless you're looking to have your ass handed to you on a platter, which it looks like CSM and GunnyL have already done, you need to read up on military law in general, and the UCMJ in particular.

The accidental discharge of a weapon resulting in the death of another does not constitute murder, not even in civilian courts. At worst, it is negligent homicide.

In fact, he was convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

Your ignorance doesn't dress you up at all.

I see you have chosen to step even deeper into "it," sharing your lack of knowledge on the military penal system. Nobody's going to touch him. Military prisoners march to and from, aren't allowed to speak, and are punished for the slightest infraction. Rehabilitation is not a desired outcome, punishment is. It bears no resemblance to civilian penitentiaries.

While I agree whole heartedly with the first paragraph, I don't your second. I don't think it will become "...popular to bash the military and relegate its members to second class citizenship...", regardless of who is in power.

Really? Who bore the brunt of the blame, insults, name-calling and being spit on during and after Vietnam? And those were draftees just doing what they had to. They're all volunteers now.

I hope you're right.

In fact, he was convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

Which may or may not carry a prison sentence. Under the circumstances, I can see giving him some time since he DID cause the death through stupid behavior, then ran, but how much time do you give for being stupid?

He'd be punsihed far worse, IMO, if they sent him back to his old unit.

I sincerely hope you are correct Bully....

cranston, the fact that you have Gunny, CSM and Bully all agreeing that you don't know jack or shit about that which you wrote SHOULD BE proof positive that you're shoveling shit.

Hell, I agree with them (which means that I agree with Bully's statement as well).

Forum List

Back