Gen. Colin Powell 2024?

As a Never-Trumper Colin won't be on any GOP ballot, as won't Kasich, Romney, or Cheney.
Are you saving the GOP Ballot for Marjorie Taylor Greene, or Matt Gaietz, or Kevin McCarthy or Jim Jordan?

or more for a DeSantis or Hawley?
Marjorie and Matt are too easily attacked by the crooked/partisan MSM. Trump is an easy target too.
IMHO in 2024 the democrat brand will be crap, and Xiden will be too old at 82, Kamala will be un-electable, so any decent GOP candidate should win easily. Any of these will do.
Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Josh Hawley
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis

The gambling website OddsShark summed up the early action Monday, and found three politicians with better odds than Biden of winning the Electoral College vote in four years. Current Vice President Mike Pence and former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley are 8-to-1 bets to win the presidency. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris has the best odds at 5-to-1, according to lines set by the Caribbean gaming site BetOnline.

Rumors have also swirled that Donald Trump will re-enter the race during the next election cycle. BetOnline put the chances of him returning to the White House at 25-to-1

Last edited:
His involvement and outright lies during and for the Bush II regime makes him unacceptable. He blew it.

I like Powell.. I think he was torn between his oath and the realities about Iraq.. and he did resign.

But, 84 is too old.. I would like to see Powell as some sort of consultant.

Biden is in his 80's. I don't see 84 as "too old" to run at all, particularly if he has a Low Energy campaign.

Biden is 78.

Thanks for the correction. He's an old looking 78, by his appearance I wouldn't have guessed.

As a Never-Trumper Colin won't be on any GOP ballot, as won't Kasich, Romney, or Cheney.
Are you saving the GOP Ballot for Marjorie Taylor Greene, or Matt Gaietz, or Kevin McCarthy or Jim Jordan?

Marjorie and Matt are too easily attacked by the crooked/partisan MSM. Trump is an easy target too.
IMHO in 2024 the democrat brand will be crap, and Xiden will be too old at 82, Kamala will be un-electable, so any decent GOP candidate should win easily. Any of these will do.
Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Josh Hawley
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis

Those folks you listed are Little Trumpsters and supporters of the President. I can understand why you like them, but I was speculating if the GOP purged the Trump Faction out of the party.

Las Vegas betting odds has the 2024 race Kamala vs Nikki Haley. With Kamala a slight favorite at 5-1 over Nikki's 8-1.

Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Josh Hawley
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis

Those folks you listed are Little Trumpsters and supporters of the President. I can understand why you like them, but I was speculating if the GOP purged the Trump Faction out of the party.
LOL!! The Trump faction, by POLICIES is the GOP. The Never-Trumpers have been purged.
Trump's "America First Populism" is the winning formula.
Trump's personality and high negatives cost him the election in 2020.

If the 75 million little Trumpsters are exiled from having any influence on the GOP, who should the Party nominate in 2024?

How about Gen. Powell? He has the respect of the Liberal establishment and media, well loved across the board. Sleepy Joe likes him.

Sure, he's 84, but he's more able than the younger Biden to run a stationary campaign from his home and even make it to chat with the talking heads on the media on Sunday morning if needed.

Older, but still spry enough to lead the party that he sees as needing him.

He will never outlive the disaster that is the war in Iraq...and he was front and center at making it happen....

John "Traitor" Kerry, Crooked Hillary and Joe Dufus all supported the invasion of Iraq and nobody seems to hold them responsible.

Powell in my opinion murdered millions of Iraqi's for nothing not to mention many American soldiers.

His involvement and outright lies during and for the Bush II regime makes him unacceptable. He blew it.

I like Powell.. I think he was torn between his oath and the realities about Iraq.. and he did resign.

But, 84 is too old.. I would like to see Powell as some sort of consultant.

Biden is in his 80's. I don't see 84 as "too old" to run at all, particularly if he has a Low Energy campaign.
Mke sure he has a drool pot at hand and also keep him from fondling women

If the 75 million little Trumpsters are exiled from having any influence on the GOP, who should the Party nominate in 2024?

How about Gen. Powell? He has the respect of the Liberal establishment and media, well loved across the board. Sleepy Joe likes him.

Sure, he's 84, but he's more able than the younger Biden to run a stationary campaign from his home and even make it to chat with the talking heads on the media on Sunday morning if needed.

He will never outlive the disaster that is the war in Iraq...and he was front and center at making it happen....

John "Traitor" Kerry, Crooked Hillary and Joe Dufus all supported the invasion of Iraq and nobody seems to hold them responsible.

Operation Mass Appeal sold the war.. Bibi called for it from 1996 forward. Cheney cherry picked the intelligence.

Operation Mass Appeal sold the war.. Bibi called for it from 1996 forward. Cheney cherry picked the intelligence.
...and Senators Kerry, Clinton and Biden all voted to fund the invasion of Iraq.

Nah. Powell will never run for POTUS. He won't put his family through that meat grinder.

Forum List

Back