GE Healthcare Moves X-Ray Base to China

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
snippet:
General Electric Co. (GE)’s health-care unit, the world’s biggest maker of medical-imaging machines, is moving the headquarters of its 115-year-old X-ray business to Beijing to tap growth in China.
“A handful” of top managers will move to the Chinese capital and there won’t be any job cuts, Anne LeGrand, vice president and general manager of X-ray for GE Healthcare, said in an interview. The headquarters will move from Waukesha, Wisconsin, amid a broader parent-company plan to invest about $2 billion across China, including opening six “customer innovation” and development centers.

GE Moves 115-Year-Old X-Ray Unit

Did anybody tell Jeffrey Immelt when he was tapped to be Obama's job czar that he was supposed to create jobs in THIS country?

I've never seen an x-ray of a 115 year old.

So, since I own GE stock does that make me a party to this? Should I sell and take a several thousand dollar hit but have a clear conscience?

GE is migrating out of a nation that is going bangkrupt to the nation that has most benefitted from that process.

Can't blame them for doing that, really.

It is the responsibility of the Masters of GE to insure that the company continues to thrive regardless of what happens to the USA.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Terrible move.

I am sure the OP is mad at every other company doing this..and not just echoing the Conservative mantra of piling on GE because of Jeffrey Immelt.

:lol:

I am sure the OP is mad at every other company doing this..and not just echoing the Conservative mantra of piling on GE because of Jeffrey Immelt.

BINGO!

FWIW, however, I am not much impressed with Obama's appointment of Jeff, either.

One does NOT have to support Obama to laugh at the goofy hypocracy of GOP partisans, that's for damned sure.

I feel rather like Patton when he asked what he would do if he has the Soviets on one flank and the NAZIs on the other.

"I'd attack on two fronts" he is supposed to have said.

Well that's pretty much the way I feel about the Ds and Rs and their cluelsss partisans supporters, Sallow.

I think both parties are corrupt, hypocritcal and a menace to this nation.

I SUSPECT that about half the nation agrees with me on that, although naturally we're all pretty much voting based on which party we think will be the least toxic since there is really no choice but to vote for one or the other team of GANGSTERS.

BINGO!

FWIW, however, I am not much impressed with Obama's appointment of Jeff, either.

One does NOT have to support Obama to laugh at the goofy hypocracy of GOP partisans, that's for damned sure.

I feel rather like Patton when he asked what he would do if he has the Soviets on one flank and the NAZIs on the other.

"I'd attack on two fronts" he is supposed to have said.

Well that's pretty much the way I feel about the Ds and Rs and their cluelsss partisans supporters, Sallow.

I think both parties are corrupt, hypocritcal and a menace to this nation.

I SUSPECT that about half the nation agrees with me on that, although naturally we're all pretty much voting based on which party we think will be the least toxic since there is really no choice but to vote for one or the other team of GANGSTERS.

I'm all for taking the money out of elections. In fact I'd like to see caps on elections spending, no more then a 3 month election cycle and massive crack downs on lobbyists, like they cannot be compensated for their time..as well as politicians being unable to work in the fields they support after they leave office for at least 5 years.

Terrible move.

Actually not really mad at anybody, including GE. They're in business to make money just like everyone else. But I do find a certain amount of irony in having the company run by our jobs czar shipping jobs off to China. Kinda like having a Treasury Secretary who didn't pay his taxes.

Terrible move.

Actually not really mad at anybody, including GE. They're in business to make money just like everyone else. But I do find a certain amount of irony in having the company run by our jobs czar shipping jobs off to China. Kinda like having a Treasury Secretary who didn't pay his taxes.

You had this sort of problem with every administration, I assume, right?

Can you name any of these very same sorts of conflicts, say, with Reagan? George HW Bush? George W Bush?

Terrible move.

Can you name any of these very same sorts of conflicts, say, with Reagan? George HW Bush? George W Bush?

No doubt other admins had their own embarassments, but that does not excuse or ameliorate the current admin from doing better. Which obviously they didn't.

If American workers would only learn to work for the same wages as their Chinese counterparts, we too could have full employment.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Republicans are like terminators. They know no shame, regret, remorse, empathy, love or kindness.

Wait..I take that back.

Republicans know hate and fear. That's their best buddies.

GE is pleased to annouce a major investment in a business friendly nation, China

GeneralElectricObamaImmeltFlagfacingforward.jpg

No doubt other admins had their own embarassments, but that does not excuse or ameliorate the current admin from doing better. Which obviously they didn't.

Ah.

So this administration is operating under a different set of rules.

Why is that?

Ah.

Why is that?

What are you talking about, same rules as every other admin. I'm saying that past mistakes do not excuse present ones. "Well, Bush did it too", is not going to fly. Were we not told to expect better out of Obama? Didn't happen.

Ah.

Why is that?

What are you talking about, same rules as every other admin. I'm saying that past mistakes do not excuse present ones. "Well, Bush did it too", is not going to fly. Were we not told to expect better out of Obama? Didn't happen.

Who exactly did you want Obama to get to advise about Job Creation?

Want to float a few names?

Ah.

Why is that?

Joe the plumber. Hell, I don't know, somebody that isn't sending jobs to China that's all. And paid his taxes. And isn't sending pictures of his wanker over the internet.
Gotta be SOMEBODY on the left that meets those qualifications, right? :doubt:

Joe the plumber. Hell, I don't know, somebody that isn't sending jobs to China that's all. And paid his taxes. And isn't sending pictures of his wanker over the internet.
Gotta be SOMEBODY on the left that meets those qualifications, right? :doubt:

His name wasn't even Joe.

ABC News reported on October 16, 2008, that there was a judgment lien against Wurzelbacher for non-payment of $1,182 in owed Ohio state income taxes dating to January 2007, but "no action has been taken against him outside of filing the lien."
Joe the Plumber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was "Sam". :eusa_whistle:

why do people think companies have any loyalty to a particular country???

Ah.

Why is that?

Calvin Coolidge
Warren Harding
Ronald Reagan

Forum List

Back