GE: 7,000 tax returns, $0 U.S. tax bill

Jeffrey Immelt is getting a big payback for turning NBC into Obama-Pravda-Network.

Yes hymn is,, they use MSNBC as a non stop public service announcement and give secondly terrorist alerts.. "oh look! there goes an old white person:eek:"

The majority of Corporations don't pay taxes, already a well-known fact.

Obama pays more taxes than GE and Exxon combined.

Hell, I pay more taxes than GE and Exxon combined.

I wonder who made it so Corporations could get around these laws? :eusa_think:

They announced gains for the shareholders, for taxes only a loss.

The magic of Accounting. I'm learning all about it right now, it's amazing what you can do with the right amount of deferrals and tricks with the loopholes.

What a moron.

Tax accounting is done to comply with the Tax Code designed and enforced by the Federal Government. The deferrals and loopholes were put in place BY THE GOVERNMENT. It has nothing to do with GAAP accounting - and just places another big cost of compliance on businesses. If they are able to reduce their tax burden via these gimmicks, they have a fiduciary responsibility to do so.

Last edited:
close the offshore loophole...

we should FOR ONCE all be able to agree on this...or at least, most all should be able to agree on this...

we should FOR ONCE all be able to agree on this...or at least, most all should be able to agree on this...

No - we shouldn't.

The U.S. has tax treaties with other countries to eliminate double taxation. If we tax overseas profits here - then expect other countries to respond in kind. At the end of the day, that hurts the U.S.

A better route would be tax reduction and simplification domestically so they aren't compelled to seek tax relief outside of the U.S.

What a moron.

Tax accounting is done to comply with the Tax Code designed and enforced by the Federal Government. The deferrals and loopholes were put in place BY THE GOVERNMENT. It has nothing to do with GAAP accounting - and just places another big cost of compliance on businesses. If they are able to reduce their tax burden via these gimmicks, they have a fiduciary responsibility to do so.

Considering you just went out and assumed what I was specifically talking about, I find it hilarious you assume without knowing. Keep trying though. :thup:

No - we shouldn't.

The U.S. has tax treaties with other countries to eliminate double taxation. If we tax overseas profits here - then expect other countries to respond in kind. At the end of the day, that hurts the U.S.

A better route would be tax reduction and simplification domestically so they aren't compelled to seek tax relief outside of the U.S.

yes we should close the loophole that allows tens of thousands of corporations headquarter portions of their businesses in a 5000 square foot building filled with PO Boxes in Bermuda....

i don't know what taxes you are talking about, but it sounds like you are right about those and double taxation, but that is not what i would call a ''loophole'' in the first place so why they were brought up by you, i am not quite certain?

The majority of Corporations don't pay taxes, already a well-known fact.

Obama pays more taxes than GE and Exxon combined.

Hell, I pay more taxes than GE and Exxon combined.

I wonder who made it so Corporations could get around these laws? :eusa_think:
Yep, but for some strange reason this only bothers the rightwing now. :eusa_whistle:

Better to scrap the whole Rube Goldberg income tax and IRC altogether....You just can't polish a turd.

There certainly is lots of proof of that:

joe-biden-smirk.jpg

Forum List

Back