GDP Q4 final reading up 2.2%, as expected, but leaves full year short of Trump’s goal

It's easy, if Trump doesn't tell them EXACTLY what to think...FOX News or Breitbart does.

Trumpbots (apparently) rarely seek out information for themselves from independent sources. They just go to the sites that spew forth Trumpbot-talk.

'Landru...guide us?!? Landru?'
While you spewed a string of common leftbat tropes and cliches like "trickle-down economics" and "tax cuts for the rich"....Yeah, you're totally against The State. :rolleyes:

Wow, under the previous administration 2.9% was seen as a failure and worthy of mocking...now it is worthy of praise.

I do not know how you partisan sheep keep these things straight in your heads.
The 2.9% number took seven fucking years and $5 trillion in money printing to attain.

Fucking dunce.

Just can’t stop yourself from defending your hero in the White House

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Wow, under the previous administration 2.9% was seen as a failure and worthy of mocking...now it is worthy of praise.

The 2.9% number took seven fucking years and $5 trillion in money printing to attain.

Fucking dunce.
Obama had a whole lot worse starting point. Everyone predicting a decline this year...
Irrelevant to the fact.
Only to the stupidly partisan.
The stupidly partisan hacks deride economic growth without such foolhardy and ineffective money printing, stupid partisan hack.
Sure is lots and lots of spending.

'Economic growth in the U.S. slowed in the final part of 2018, with GDP posting a gain of just 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

The final reading was in line with expectations of economists surveyed by Dow Jones. That was down from the previous estimate of 2.6 percent and leaves full-year growth at 2.9 percent. Third-quarter growth registered 3.4 percent. In all, 2018 was the best year for the economy since 2015 and well above the 2.2 percent increase in 2017. The economy grew 3 percent when compared with the fourth quarter of 2017.

Consumer spending as well as government expenditures at the state and national levels and nonresidential fixed investment all were revised down and subtracted from the GDP. Imports also were revised lower amid continuing tensions between the U.S. and its global trading partners.'

Economic growth slowed in the fourth quarter, leaving GDP short of Trump's goal

So where is this HUGE GDP gwroth that Trump promised (4 or 5% he said)? And where is this huge economic BOOM that Reps promised the tax cut would bring?

Nowhere...as most people on Wall Steet (and I) knew all along.

Trump's 4-5% GDP growth for a year will NEVER happen...guaranteed. He simply does not know what he is doing. He proved it when he begged the Fed to lower rates. If he is dependent on ultra low rates to prop up the economy...that is sure sign of desperation.

And trickle down economics NEVER works. NEVER (though I agree with the corporate tax cut - BUT NOT the income tax cut for mostly the rich).

And now - thanks to the tax cuts without cutting spending to match (like an idiot) - Trump is posting giant deficits.

Thanks for nothing Trump...you lying, stack of excrement.
Oboingo was totally dependent upon the Fed to prop him up, and he never even approached 3% annual growth.

Grow the fuck up.

We hit 2.9% in 2015 dumbfuck
Yippy skippy....It only took seven fucking years, an unstimulating $800+ "stimulus" scam, and $4+ trillion of funny money pumped into Wall Street.

If that's "success" I want to see what failure looks like.

Lol, ewe are seeing it. It's the fat Orange guy in the White House!

Last edited:
How about -4 % growth, a plunging stock market, the country losing half a million jobs a month and a Senate minority willing to go to historic lengths with the cloture and filibuster rules to block every measure Obama proposes.
Obama's gone along with "hope and change". What's your point?

The awful and shocking truth that tax cuts and invasion/occupations don't mix? The culmination of there effect on the economy was absolute and abysmal. That is what failure looks like. Thank you for asking. If it wasn't for the brilliance of the Great Obama, (okay maybe it was the baffling bullshit), we'd all be in the shitter. Our Tabloid President? We'll clean up his mess too.

'Economic growth in the U.S. slowed in the final part of 2018, with GDP posting a gain of just 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

The final reading was in line with expectations of economists surveyed by Dow Jones. That was down from the previous estimate of 2.6 percent and leaves full-year growth at 2.9 percent. Third-quarter growth registered 3.4 percent. In all, 2018 was the best year for the economy since 2015 and well above the 2.2 percent increase in 2017. The economy grew 3 percent when compared with the fourth quarter of 2017.

Consumer spending as well as government expenditures at the state and national levels and nonresidential fixed investment all were revised down and subtracted from the GDP. Imports also were revised lower amid continuing tensions between the U.S. and its global trading partners.'

So where is this HUGE GDP gwroth that Trump promised (4 or 5% he said)? And where is this huge economic BOOM that Reps promised the tax cut would bring?

Trump's 4-5% GDP growth for a year will NEVER happen...guaranteed. He simply does not know what he is doing. He proved it when he begged the Fed to lower rates. If he is dependent on ultra low rates to prop up the economy...that is sure sign of desperation.

And trickle down economics NEVER works. NEVER (though I agree with the corporate tax cut - BUT NOT the income tax cut for mostly the rich).

And now - thanks to the tax cuts without cutting spending to match (like an idiot) - Trump is posting giant deficits.

When you made a goal to lose 50 pounds and stop being a fat slob what happened when you only managed to lose 25 pounds?

Did you proclaim yourself a lying sack of leftist shit? Or did you realize that goals are necessary so you don't flounder around aimlessly?

I will admit that 4% is quite a bold goal but do you know how success in life is attained? By striving for the unattainable!
Look at the deficits. We can’t afford this.
What do 99% of Americans do when they "can't afford" things?

Hint: they cut their spending they don't demand more money from their boss because they can't manage their budget

When you made a goal to lose 50 pounds and stop being a fat slob what happened when you only managed to lose 25 pounds?

Did you proclaim yourself a lying sack of leftist shit? Or did you realize that goals are necessary so you don't flounder around aimlessly?

I will admit that 4% is quite a bold goal but do you know how success in life is attained? By striving for the unattainable!
Look at the deficits. We can’t afford this.
What do 99% of Americans do when they "can't afford" things?

Hint: they cut their spending they don't demand more money from their boss because they can't manage their budget
And trump is increasing spending. Demanding more spending now. Shut down the government for more spending....

You weren't here then so what the fuck do you know?

Troll be trollin without info. Must be a Democrat.

And before you start crying about conservative media let me just cut you off. I AM NOT THE MEDIA

Fucking dunce.
Obama had a whole lot worse starting point. Everyone predicting a decline this year...
Irrelevant to the fact.
Only to the stupidly partisan.
The stupidly partisan hacks deride economic growth without such foolhardy and ineffective money printing, stupid partisan hack.

1.38 trillion dollars was added to the fucking national debt to get that "growth" you partisan hack.

And before you start crying about conservative media let me just cut you off. I AM NOT THE MEDIA

nope, just a partisan hack

nope, just a partisan hack
We are all partisan to some degree dumbass. But I am FAR from a hack.

How about -4 % growth, a plunging stock market, the country losing half a million jobs a month and a Senate minority willing to go to historic lengths with the cloture and filibuster rules to block every measure Obama proposes.
Obama's gone along with "hope and change". What's your point?

The awful and shocking truth that tax cuts and invasion/occupations don't mix? The culmination of there effect on the economy was absolute and abysmal. That is what failure looks like. Thank you for asking. If it wasn't for the brilliance of the Great Obama, (okay maybe it was the baffling bullshit), we'd all be in the shitter. Our Tabloid President? We'll clean up his mess too.
You're going to have to do a lot better than that with a booming economy.

Forum List

Back