GDP Q4 final reading up 2.2%, as expected, but leaves full year short of Trump’s goal

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'Economic growth in the U.S. slowed in the final part of 2018, with GDP posting a gain of just 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

The final reading was in line with expectations of economists surveyed by Dow Jones. That was down from the previous estimate of 2.6 percent and leaves full-year growth at 2.9 percent. Third-quarter growth registered 3.4 percent. In all, 2018 was the best year for the economy since 2015 and well above the 2.2 percent increase in 2017. The economy grew 3 percent when compared with the fourth quarter of 2017.

Consumer spending as well as government expenditures at the state and national levels and nonresidential fixed investment all were revised down and subtracted from the GDP. Imports also were revised lower amid continuing tensions between the U.S. and its global trading partners.'

Economic growth slowed in the fourth quarter, leaving GDP short of Trump's goal

So where is this HUGE GDP growth that Trump promised (4 or 5% he said)? And where is this huge economic BOOM that Reps promised the tax cut would bring?

Nowhere...as most people on Wall Steet (and I/several on here) believed all along.

Trump's 4-5% GDP growth for a year will NEVER happen...guaranteed. He simply does not know what he is doing. He proved it when he begged the Fed to lower rates. If he is dependent on ultra, low rates to prop up the economy...that is sure sign of desperation.

And trickle down economics NEVER works. NEVER (though I agree with the corporate tax cut - BUT NOT the income tax cut for mostly the rich).

And now - thanks to the tax cuts without cutting spending to match (like an idiot) - Trump is posting giant deficits.

Thanks for nothing Trump...you lying, stack of excrement.

Last edited:
'Economic growth in the U.S. slowed in the final part of 2018, with GDP posting a gain of just 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

The final reading was in line with expectations of economists surveyed by Dow Jones. That was down from the previous estimate of 2.6 percent and leaves full-year growth at 2.9 percent. Third-quarter growth registered 3.4 percent. In all, 2018 was the best year for the economy since 2015 and well above the 2.2 percent increase in 2017. The economy grew 3 percent when compared with the fourth quarter of 2017.

Consumer spending as well as government expenditures at the state and national levels and nonresidential fixed investment all were revised down and subtracted from the GDP. Imports also were revised lower amid continuing tensions between the U.S. and its global trading partners.'

So where is this HUGE GDP gwroth that Trump promised (4 or 5% he said)? And where is this huge economic BOOM that Reps promised the tax cut would bring?

Nowhere...as most people on Wall Steet (and I) knew all along.

Trump's 4-5% GDP growth for a year will NEVER happen...guaranteed. He simply does not know what he is doing. He proved it when he begged the Fed to lower rates. If he is dependent on ultra low rates to prop up the economy...that is sure sign of desperation.

And trickle down economics NEVER works. NEVER (though I agree with the corporate tax cut - BUT NOT the income tax cut for mostly the rich).

And now - thanks to the tax cuts without cutting spending to match (like an idiot) - Trump is posting giant deficits.

Trump is a populist, he sells lies and dreams.

So where is this HUGE GDP gwroth that Trump promised (4 or 5% he said)? And where is this huge economic BOOM that Reps promised the tax cut would bring?

Trump's 4-5% GDP growth for a year will NEVER happen...guaranteed. He simply does not know what he is doing. He proved it when he begged the Fed to lower rates. If he is dependent on ultra low rates to prop up the economy...that is sure sign of desperation.

Had he not been stupid enough to start a trade war the same month the tax cuts kicked in he would have likely broken the mythical 3% barrier.

Oboingo was totally dependent upon the Fed to prop him up, and he never even approached 3% annual growth.

Grow the fuck up.

Oboingo was totally dependent upon the Fed to prop him up, and he never even approached 3% annual growth.

Grow the fuck up.

We hit 2.9% in 2015 dumbfuck

When you made a goal to lose 50 pounds and stop being a fat slob what happened when you only managed to lose 25 pounds?

Did you proclaim yourself a lying sack of leftist shit? Or did you realize that goals are necessary so you don't flounder around aimlessly?

I will admit that 4% is quite a bold goal but do you know how success in life is attained? By striving for the unattainable!

Given up on Mueller? :)

Grow the fuck up.

Yippy skippy....It only took seven fucking years, an unstimulating $800+ "stimulus" scam, and $4+ trillion of funny money pumped into Wall Street.

If that's "success" I want to see what failure looks like.

When you made a goal to lose 50 pounds and stop being a fat slob what happened when you only managed to lose 25 pounds?

Did you proclaim yourself a lying sack of leftist shit? Or did you realize that goals are necessary so you don't flounder around aimlessly?

I will admit that 4% is quite a bold goal but do you know how success in life is attained? By striving for the unattainable!

Wow, under the previous administration 2.9% was seen as a failure and worthy of mocking...now it is worthy of praise.

I do not know how you partisan sheep keep these things straight in your heads.

Grow the fuck up.

Yippy skippy....It only took seven fucking years, an unstimulating $800+ "stimulus" scam, and $4+ trillion of funny money pumped into Wall Street.

If that's "success" I want to see what failure looks like.

7 years? :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

you really suck at math.

Look at the deficits. We can’t afford this.

Grow the fuck up.

We are slightly better than Obama,but with bigger deficits. And all these morons cheer....

It is hilarious.
Knees news never mention the con created fewer jobs in his first 2 years than Obama did in his last 2
And the graph is just continuing Obamas.
Got outmanoeuvered by N Korea
Big bully coward American Laughed at by the ROW
I guess a WWII Nazi MAGA Slogan is enough for our white zero college rubes?

Grow the fuck up.

We are slightly better than Obama,but with bigger deficits. And all these morons cheer....
I thought you was cheering?
Forgot Obama inherited losing 750000 jobs a month?
Obama actually did hit 3% months.
You clearly are regurgitating knees news?
Want me to post it for you?
Dumbfuck, moron?
Dead giveaway for zero college?
Trump U?

Grow the fuck up.

Dumbfuck, moron?
Trump U?
You seem lost...

Grow the fuck up.

Dumbfuck, moron?
Trump U?
dishonest

Grow the fuck up.

Record trade deficits too?
I love our faithful marriage toned body Pres .
Isn't his fault he said he didn't like making love to women who had had kids
And dragging his wife by the hair before raping her is just a commie plot
(His lawyer said a man can't rape his wife)
Jealous?

Forum List

Back