Gay Marriage Is About to Be Legal in Alabama

The Daily Fix Gay Marriage Is About to Be Legal in Alabama - Yahoo News

Tomorrow Alabama is open for marriage equality.

This is good, this is American, this is our values.

Those who don't like it, I have a hint: don't marry someone of your own sex.

Or open a bakery, because obviously you can forced into baking them cakes. And even though they could just go someplace else, they will push it to get their way. That will get sticky in Alabama, there is a lot of old guard left there.

Last edited:
It will be imposed by force just like in every other state.

If gays were men they would be raping women by holding a knife to their throats then claim "she said yes".

Or open a bakery, because obviously you can forced into baking them cakes. And even though they could just go someplace else, they will push it to get their way. That will get sticky in Alabama, there is a lot of old guard left there.

Bringing up the bakery case only makes you cons look stupid. Just because you don't understand the law doesn't mean you should let the world know.

Since you homo marriage proponents like to misuse the word equality so much, I have one question for you to answer; why should the general public be forced by law to subsidize male-on-male buttfucking? Simple question. What's your answer?

Judge Roy Moore has ordered ALL probate judges to follow STATE LAW and ignore the tyrant thug in the robe that thinks she can overrule state law without the SC ruling first. At least 1 so far has PUBLICLY said he will not be issuing homosexuals marriage licenses. :D

I don't believe Alabama's public accommodation includes gays so bakers are free to not serve gays all they wish.

Bringing up the bakery case only makes you cons look stupid. Just because you don't understand the law doesn't mean you should let the world know.

Laws are interpreted by courts, just find the right one and hope for the best. So what don't I know about the law?

Laws are interpreted by courts, just find the right one and hope for the best. So what don't I know about the law?
Here's the important part of the case regarding the bakery in Colorado:

Part of the Judge's official ruling:
The ALJ, however, rejects Respondents’ argument that preparing a wedding cake is necessarily a medium of expression amounting to protected “speech,” or that compelling Respondents to treat same-sex and heterosexual couples equally is the equivalent of forcing Respondents to adhere to “an ideological point of view.” There is no doubt that decorating a wedding cake involves considerable skill and artistry. However, the finished product does not necessarily qualify as “speech,” as would saluting a flag, marching in a parade, or displaying a motto.

The undisputed evidence is that Phillips categorically refused to prepare a cake for Complainants’ same-sex wedding before there was any discussion about what the cake would look like. Phillips was not asked to apply any message or symbol to the cake, or to construct the cake in any fashion that could be reasonably understood as advocating same-sex marriage. After being refused, Complainants immediately left the shop. For all Phillips knew at the time, Complainants might have wanted a nondescript cake that would have been suitable for consumption at any wedding.Therefore, Respondents’ claim that they refused to provide a cake because it would convey a message supporting same-sex marriage is specious. The act of preparing a cake is simply not “speech” warranting First Amendment protection.

So the point is that a baker has the write to refuse writing, an image, or anything else on the cake that supported gay marriage because then it's in the realm of free speech. But he can't refuse to make them a cake. For example a black baker cannot deny a cake for a member of the KKK, but he can refuse to write something racist on the cake.

There was another case in Oregon that was pretty similar. You can look up the ruling on that one too if you'd like but it's probably similar. So you cons are 0/2 when trying to discriminate against people who want cake. Suck it up.

Well if I forced someone to bake me a cake, and there were other places I could go. There is no way I would want to eat that cake, because I know what I would do to that cake.

But you still haven't answered me. What don't I know about the law? You said I don't understand the law. And you quoted me an appellate decision.

Judge Roy Moore has ordered ALL probate judges to follow STATE LAW and ignore the tyrant thug in the robe that thinks she can overrule state law without the SC ruling first. At least 1 so far has PUBLICLY said he will not be issuing homosexuals marriage licenses. :D

What was the status of this case before it went to a judge? Was it ever voted on by AL citizens?

You don't need a SC ruling to overrule unconstitutional state law. Where did you ever get that idea? Its blithering nonsense.

I don't believe Alabama's public accommodation includes gays so bakers are free to not serve gays all they wish.

Yup. You can always count on Alabama for bone deep discrimination.

Yup. You can always count on Alabama for bone deep discrimination.

No doubt some folks will make a lot of noise but that is as far as it will go. I wonder how long until Moore is handed is his hat again?

Forum List

Back