Gavin Newsome: “Doctors should be able to write prescriptions for housing

People condemn California because of all the homeless on the streets. Newsome comes up with a plan to address that and the same people condemn that.

“Health care and housing can no longer be divorced. After all, what’s more fundamental to a person’s well-being than a roof over their head?”

This is absolutely true. You are not going to be able to treat the mentally ill as long as they stay on the streets.

People condemn the fact that we kicked the mentally ill out on the streets and now when someone is wanting to address that, that gets condemned. I don't get it. I think some simply like to bitch and nothing would ever please them.

I've long said that we need to have the conversation about what to do with the mental illness problem in this country. Would I support every aspect that might get promoted here? I don't know but someone is willing to step up and start the conversation at the very least. And we are going to condemn that?

I would be all for sweeping the mentally ill off our streets, and forcibly institutionalizing them. Unfortunately your ACLU sues to stop any attempts to do so.

People condemn California because of all the homeless on the streets. Newsome comes up with a plan to address that and the same people condemn that.

“Health care and housing can no longer be divorced. After all, what’s more fundamental to a person’s well-being than a roof over their head?”

This is absolutely true. You are not going to be able to treat the mentally ill as long as they stay on the streets.

People condemn the fact that we kicked the mentally ill out on the streets and now when someone is wanting to address that, that gets condemned. I don't get it. I think some simply like to bitch and nothing would ever please them.

I've long said that we need to have the conversation about what to do with the mental illness problem in this country. Would I support every aspect that might get promoted here? I don't know but someone is willing to step up and start the conversation at the very least. And we are going to condemn that?

I would be all for sweeping the mentally ill off our streets, and forcibly institutionalizing them. Unfortunately your ACLU sues to stop any attempts to do so.

Maybe they might but we get nowhere unless someone starts the conversation. Newsome is doing that. I should condemn that?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how good are doctors concerning how far they are already allowed to go with "treating" other people?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How many of y'all remember this name? Terry Schiavo. At the end of next month, it will be 15 years since her death.
I remember.

The pro-death left will probably be celebrating.

Nobody including Newsome is saying that the problem is easy. You also should quit trying to spin it into something it is not.

Do you disagree with this statement?

I do disagree with what he said because it's simplistic and simply not true.No roof can pull a person out of the twin evils of mental illness and drug addiction on it's own. It just makes dysfunctional people more comfortable while they are caught up in their problems.
He never said "homes". He said housing. That you have to be dishonest in what he said, says a lot.
Housing or homes...it's pretty much synonymous. That you have to nit pick to find something to whine about says a lot about you.
What part do you disagree with?
You've asked this question at least four times now and it's all been explained. What is your problem?

Nobody including Newsome is saying that the problem is easy. You also should quit trying to spin it into something it is not.

Do you disagree with this statement?

I do disagree with what he said because it's simplistic and simply not true.No roof can pull a person out of the twin evils of mental illness and drug addiction on it's own. It just makes dysfunctional people more comfortable while they are caught up in their problems.
He never said "homes". He said housing. That you have to be dishonest in what he said, says a lot.
Housing or homes...it's pretty much synonymous. That you have to nit pick to find something to whine about says a lot about you.
What part do you disagree with?
You've asked this question at least four times now and it's all been explained. What is your problem?

No housing alone does not solve the problem nor is he saying that. He is saying it has to start there and it does. Homes and housing are NOT the same. People are trying to spin this like he is offering them a house. He is not. A mental health facility is housing.

My problem? You trying to spin this into something it is not.

No housing alone does not solve the problem nor is he saying that. He is saying it has to start there and it does. Homes and housing are NOT the same. People are trying to spin this like he is offering them a house. He is not. A mental health facility is housing.

Good luck forcing the mentally ill and heroin addicts into treatment facilities against their will.
That's where this battle must start and a disingenuous prick like Newsom knows it.

Saying housing comes from a prescription pad is b.s. as long as leftist homeless "advocates" will battle a gutless
wimp like Newsom to keep him from forcing people into treatment programs where they should be.

Unless he is willing to be on the right side of that fight he should shut the fuck up about the California homeless tsunami because he isn't willing to do anything about the real problem but make senseless comments about it all.

Homeless junkies and mentally ill psychos will never exchange their sleeping place on the sidewalks and in bushes if
that "housing" means giving up their drugs, booze and go fuck yourself lifestyle.
It's been tried, genius.

Good luck forcing the mentally ill and heroin addicts into treatment facilities against their will.
That's where this battle must start and a disingenuous prick like Newsom knows it.

Who said "against their will"? You did. What if only 50% take up the offer? Is that a bad thing? What if only 25% do?

Saying housing comes from a prescription pad is b.s. as long as leftist homeless "advocates" will battle a gutless
wimp like Newsom to keep him from forcing people into treatment programs where they should be.

Unless he is willing to be on the right side of that fight he should shut the fuck up about the California homeless tsunami because he isn't willing to do anything about the real problem but make senseless comments about it all.

Homeless junkies and mentally ill psychos will never exchange their sleeping place on the sidewalks and in bushes if
that "housing" means giving up their drugs, booze and go fuck yourself lifestyle.
It's been tried, genius.

You are once again putting words in his mouth he never said. Why?

This has been covered a number of times already.

Your lies have been covered.

Bless our kind-hearted governor.

I suggest that psychologists have the right to write a prescription requiring the government to find a straight/gay partner for lonely patients.

"Doctors should be able to write prescriptions for housing the same way they do for insulin or antibiotics."

Doctor I need a prescription for a three bedroom house in Beverly Hills...with a pool. And I need Obamacare to pay for it.
Next well have realtors performing surgery.

California Housing & Mental Illness -- Gavin Newsom Advocates for Doctors to 'Write Prescriptions' | National Review

~~~~~~
I agree. What the governor is proposing is ridiculous and impossible to fulfill.

"Doctors should be able to write prescriptions for housing the same way they do for insulin or antibiotics."

Doctor I need a prescription for a three bedroom house in Beverly Hills...with a pool. And I need Obamacare to pay for it.

California Housing & Mental Illness -- Gavin Newsom Advocates for Doctors to 'Write Prescriptions' | National Review

Question: who are the homeless supposed to present this prescription to? And what is the person that is presented this prescription supposed to do about it?

Question: who are the homeless supposed to present this prescription to? And what is the person that is presented this prescription supposed to do about it?

Haven't really given it too much thought. My guess is the person would present the prescription to a realtor...and the realtor would submit the bill to the state. Which in their infinite wisdom would pull funding from healthcare, after all it was prescribed by a doctor.

Forum List

Back