Gas Prices...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
One of my vehicles is a 2014 Mercedes Benz E350:

48013628166_63cc66b340_o.jpg

I always run premium gas through it and, at the moment, that's costing me anywhere between $2.89 and $3.19 a gallon, depending on where in northeaster Florida I'm buying it. Last night, I paid $3.09 a gallon, and I started thinking about how, seemingly not too long ago, I could find it around $2.19 a gallon.

Then my daughter, who lives in Seattle, sent me this photo, showing what gas prices are near her:

thumbnail_IMG_5927.jpg

The last time I recall prices that high it was over ten years ago, when regular was creeping up into the $4.50 range in San Diego, California.

Back in April I drove from Florida to Boston to Seattle to Boston to Florida, and prices for gas seemed to average around $2.69 a gallon for regular.

What are you dealing with as far as gas prices go?

View attachment 544806

I always run premium gas through it and, at the moment, that's costing me anywhere between $2.89 and $3.19 a gallon, depending on where in northeaster Florida I'm buying it. Last night, I paid $3.09 a gallon, and I started thinking about how, seemingly not too long ago, I could find it around $2.19 a gallon.

Then my daughter, who lives in Seattle, sent me this photo, showing what gas prices are near her:

View attachment 544807

The last time I recall prices that high it was over ten years ago, when regular was creeping up into the $4.50 range in San Diego, California.

Back in April I drove from Florida to Boston to Seattle to Boston to Florida, and prices for gas seemed to average around $2.69 a gallon for regular.

Fake news. Gas buddy today for Seattle WA

Screenshot_20210928-075729.png

I spent the period 2003-2013 paying an average of $3.50 a gallon for gas

While I don’t like paying $3.00 a gallon today, I don’t get all worked up about it.

You drive a Mercedes and you’re whining about gas prices?
I think the purpose of this thread is to brag that he drives a Mercedes.
Why else would it be relevant to a thread about high gas prices?

She didn't tell me when she took the photo, nor did she say it was taken right in Seattle proper. But that photo was taken in the state of Washington within the last two days...
Ah, So you lied by omission. That's cool, conservatives do it all the time.

Obviously she should shop around.

Prices go up and down.

Nobody wanted gas during the lockdown so the gas producers shut down some production.

Now everyone wants gas so the gas producers have to catch up to demand.

"Supply and demand."
Nope. A perceived supply and demand. That's why one small refinery can be down for two days, and the price of fuel goes up all across the country. They use any excuse they can think of to raise the price.

Prices go up and down.

Nobody wanted gas during the lockdown so the gas producers shut down some production.

Now everyone wants gas so the gas producers have to catch up to demand.

"Supply and demand."
Dims make the best excuses. How about inflation going from 1.5 to 5%??

View attachment 544806

View attachment 544807

A Democrat's wet-dream is $10 gas.

New Topics

Forum List

Back