Garland admits raid wasn't about getting national archive documents

Rust_Cohle

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2021
[Redacted]

The original story told through the media was that the FBI raid was about retrieving documents that the National Archives wanted in its custody. As I wrote at the time, that wasn't the reason, that was the pretext.

And AG Garland is admitting as much by trying to keep the affidavit classified after agreeing to declassify the search warrant.

The Justice Department said in court documents Monday that it opposes the release of the FBI affidavit used to justify the search warrant on former President Donald Trump's primary residence at Mar-a-Lago.
Because the documents are classified? Nope.

In Monday's filing, prosecutors indicated that the affidavit contained sensitive information regarding the testimony of witnesses in the investigation, adding later they feared that releasing the requested documents would "chill" the future testimony of other potential witnesses.
While the Justice Department did not oppose the release of the search warrant last week, the department argued Monday in a court filing to the U.S. District Court in the Southern District of Florida that the affidavit should remain sealed "to protect the integrity of an ongoing law enforcement investigation that implicates national security."
The investigation isn't about returning documents. It's about maintaining their informants and keeping a political investigation going.

But while the Justice Department has "carefully considered whether the affidavit can be released subject to redactions," it said in Monday's court filing that "the redactions necessary to mitigate harms to the integrity of the investigation would be so extensive as to render the remaining unsealed text devoid of meaningful content, and the release of such a redacted version would not serve any public interest."
That is some statement. Everything has to be kept secret, not because it's classified information being kept hidden from the enemy, but because it's being kept secret from the target of its investigation, Trump and his associates.

If disclosed, the affidavit would serve as a roadmap to the government’s ongoing investigation, providing specific details about its direction and likely course, in a manner that is highly likely to compromise future investigative steps,” the department wrote in its filing.
It's all about the next steps. The raid was a means, not an end, to gather material for a political witch hunt by the Biden administration.

Justice Department officials have defended the Mar-a-Lago search as a necessary step approved by Mr. Garland himself. People familiar with the Justice Department’s approach have said a primary goal of the search was to ensure the security of highly sensitive national-security documents after the Trump team didn’t relinquish them and amid concerns that the security of the material at Mar-a-Lago had been put at risk.
Justice Department officials have just admitted that's a bunch of lies.

So you think the affidavit remaining secrete because the DOJ believes it would out the mole that told them where to look for the documents amounts to the raid not being about the classified documents?

Are you truly unaware of how asinine that assertion is?

So you think the affidavit remaining secrete because the DOJ believes it would out the mole that told them where to look for the documents amounts to the raid not being about the classified documents?

Are you truly unaware of how asinine that assertion is?
Then why do you think it remains classified?
And why does Garland get to decide what is of public interest or not?

Then why do you think it remains classified?
And why does Garland get to decide what is of public interest or not?
I directly said why they are keeping it from being released. the DOJ thinks it would identify the informant.

Did you even read my comment?

And Garland does not decide. Not entirely. he makes a call but a judge makes the final decision if challenged afaik.

I directly said why they are keeping it from being released. the DOJ thinks it would identify the informant.

And Garland does not decide. Not entirely. he makes a call but a judge makes the final decision if challenged afaik.
Simply asked your opinion, and what I read said....
"So you think the affidavit remaining secrete because the DOJ believes it would out the mole that told them where to look for the documents amounts to the raid not being about the classified documents?"
And you called that asinine.....maybe I misread what you were saying?

The original story told through the media was that the FBI raid was about retrieving documents that the National Archives wanted in its custody. As I wrote at the time, that wasn't the reason, that was the pretext.

And AG Garland is admitting as much by trying to keep the affidavit classified after agreeing to declassify the search warrant.

The investigation isn't about returning documents. It's about maintaining their informants and keeping a political investigation going.

That is some statement. Everything has to be kept secret, not because it's classified information being kept hidden from the enemy, but because it's being kept secret from the target of its investigation, Trump and his associates.

It's all about the next steps. The raid was a means, not an end, to gather material for a political witch hunt by the Biden administration.

Lies and Secrets. Secret Warrants, Secret Affidavits, are Unconstitutional and so are Secret Courts.

In America you have a Constitutional Right to face your Accuser and know who they are.
Secret Witnesses are Unconstitutional.

Last edited:
Simply asked your opinion, and what I read said....
"So you think the affidavit remaining secrete because the DOJ believes it would out the mole that told them where to look for the documents amounts to the raid not being about the classified documents?"
And you called that asinine.....maybe I misread what you were saying?
Then I will try and be more clear.

The asinine claim is that trying to keep the affidavit sealed means that the search was done under false pretense.

Those are not even remotely related. The DOJ seeks to keep the affidavit sealed because it would identify the informant. The directly said that. This is not only what they claim, it is blatantly obvious as that information is not likely known by a large number of individuals.

What we have here is an OP that has reached a conclusion, the warrant was done under false premises, and is trying to fit any piece of information into that narrative even if it is nonsensical to do so.

Maybe the raid was done under false pretense. If it was then some evidence needs to be presented to support this contention. This, however, is not it nor does that claim even make sense.

Then I will try and be more clear.

The asinine claim is that trying to keep the affidavit sealed means that the search was done under false pretense.

Those are not even remotely related. The DOJ seeks to keep the affidavit sealed because it would identify the informant. The directly said that. This is not only what they claim, it is blatantly obvious as that information is not likely known by a large number of individuals.

What we have here is an OP that has reached a conclusion, the warrant was done under false premises, and is trying to fit any piece of information into that narrative even if it is nonsensical to do so.

Maybe the raid was done under false pretense. If it was then some evidence needs to be presented to support this contention. This, however, is not it nor does that claim even make sense.
Ok I appreciate you taking the time to clarify I missed your point.
But I think with this unprecedented action by the FBI, not declassifying the affidavit only pushes Garland more into a corner to be vilified, and maybe rightly so. You can't perform Gestapo tactics without eventually being compared to the Gestapo.

You ahd Frontpage are both full of shit

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate FrontPage Magazine a Questionable source based on Extreme Right Bias, the promotion of conspiracy theories regarding Islam, as well as propaganda that only reports negatively on Islam. This source has also failed numerous fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers.

Biden releases the Affidavit. Cuz Transparency is important.
1660682156881.png

Ok I appreciate you taking the time to clarify I missed your point.
But I think with this unprecedented action by the FBI, not declassifying the affidavit only pushes Garland more into a corner to be vilified, and maybe rightly so. You can't perform Gestapo tactics without eventually being compared to the Gestapo.
I do not consider this an example of 'gestapo' tactics and calling it such just goes a long way to giving actual gestapo tactics cover. It is also not unprecedented. This is pretty normal in cases where an informant may be reveled from making documents public. More than normal, it is actually a GOOD thing.

I sure as hell do not want the police outing people that come forward with vital information as that puts those individuals at risk as well as ensuring that they are never going to come forward in the first place.

I do not consider this an example of 'gestapo' tactics and calling it such just goes a long way to giving actual gestapo tactics cover. It is also not unprecedented. This is pretty normal in cases where an informant may be reveled from making documents public. More than normal, it is actually a GOOD thing.

I sure as hell do not want the police outing people that come forward with vital information as that puts those individuals at risk as well as ensuring that they are never going to come forward in the first place.
A never before executed raid of an ex president is not a good thing, and if not Gestapo resembling not sure what to call it?
There have to be many other ways to handle something like this without going overboard political, which is exactly what this Fauci lookalike has done. And whether or not any of this turns out to be vital information remains to be seen.

A never before executed raid of an ex president is not a good thing, and if not Gestapo resembling not sure what to call it?
I was not referring to the raid, was I? I commented on something specific. If I wanted to comment on the raid rather than what the thread topic was about, keeping the affidavit sealed indicates the raid was performed under false pretense, then I would have specified that.

There have to be many other ways to handle something like this without going overboard political, which is exactly what this Fauci lookalike has done. And whether or not any of this turns out to be vital information remains to be seen.
It does. But that is another thread.

Trouble is, the right to face your accusers in court, where you have the opportunity refute, is a guaranteed individual right.

Trouble is, the right to face your accusers in court, where you have the opportunity refute, is a guaranteed individual right.
He has the right to face his accusers.

An informant is NOT an accuser. They are an informant. It does not matter how often this tripe is repeated, it is still bullshit.

Forum List

Back