Game over..82nd airborne sent to DC

Tell that to a helicopter or air assault troops. We made our living flying into hot LZs
I hate Democrat military careerism and the Democrat military-industrial labor-union Complex just as much as I hate the Democrat gun control they impose on the subject populace of the U.S. which they oppress under a Democrat military police state. My neighbor died in a civilian helicopter and my cousin was shot down in the Army in a helicopter. Don't tell me those contraptions are "safe and effective" as a mercury filling from your dentist complete with plenty of laughing gas and fluoride. Wings spinning on a dentist's drill will fail you when it counts.
and it's a lot harder to shoot down a chopper than one would think. Also, shooting from a chopper is easy for troops
Downhill at a moving target is never easy. Military planes drop bombs, but that has to be planned in advance and guided by GPS or otherwise.

Tell that to a helicopter or air assault troops. We made our living flying into hot LZs and it's a lot harder to shoot down a chopper than one would think. Also, shooting from a chopper is easy for troops.
Werent most of the Army helicopters modified to have plate armor along the bottom of the craft?

Tell that to a helicopter or air assault troops. We made our living flying into hot LZs and it's a lot harder to shoot down a chopper than one would think. Also, shooting from a chopper is easy for troops.
Werent most of the Army helicopters modified to have plate armor along the bottom of the craft?

On our AC-130As we told the Crew that it had Armor plating. What we didn't tell the crew was it was only under the flight deck and not the 10 others in the back. To armor plate the entire bottom would mean that the bird couldn't get off the ground. Another problem with installing armor plating, if you are hit with something like a 23mm or a 55mm, it may still punch through and it goes boom just on the other side. Better to have no armor and let it go in from the bottom and out from the top.

The earlier model Hueys didn't have enough power for armor. Later models like the UH1D and UH1H were bigger and faster. I never heard of armor for any Hueys.

The earlier model Hueys didn't have enough power for armor. Later models like the UH1D and UH1H were bigger and faster. I never heard of armor for any Hueys.
I think some Chinook gun ships had armor, but I thought it was most helicopters in miltary service.

I think some Chinook gun ships had armor, but I thought it was most helicopters in miltary service.
Probably more likely the gunships had armor. I just used Hueys as taxis.

Forum List

Back