Game Changers

Uummmm, now you're beginning to sound like a conspiracy theorist. BTW, if your high blood pressure and cholesterol are genetic a vegan diet will help moderate it a bit but won't cure you. I know, my dad did all of that, didn't save him.
Instead of paying for cholesterol medications buy all natural Red Yeast Rice and Co Q 10, I get mine from Wally World (Walmart) take each once a day. My cholesterol is in normal range and has been since I started doing that. Matter of fact all my labs are normal, amazing for a 65 year old who eats anything he wants. My blood pressure would benefit from losing a few more pounds but I would always be on PB medication, it's genetic.

Personally I don't buy the solely genetic theory

So someone says my grandpa, father, uncles, cousins all have very high blood pressure so it must be genetic in the meantime they are eating chili fries and pastrami sandwiches.

Diet can affect your genome.

Why should I take any supplements if I don't have to?

I'm willing to try going whole food vegan for 90 days because it's really close to what I eat now and I won't have any trouble giving up meat. Obese people run in families too so you could say that's genetic

If you're right and my high blood pressure is solely genetic then there will be no change. We'll see.
Yeah, right. Well Mr know it all amateur, it's your life, have at it.
Oh and the supplements are all natural, I take them instead of pharmaceutical statins.

Yeah I'm sure 90 days on a whole food vegan diet will ruin my health.

Supplements for the most part are a scam
Dietary supplements: a $37 billion-a-year scam?
Yup, conspiracy nutjob........
I'm remembering something Redd Foxx once said about all these health nuts one day lying in hospital beds dying from nothing....... [emoji38]
Keep telling yourself that your supplements will reverse you coronary artery disease

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Where the hell did I say they would??!! :cuckoo:

Personally I don't buy the solely genetic theory

So someone says my grandpa, father, uncles, cousins all have very high blood pressure so it must be genetic in the meantime they are eating chili fries and pastrami sandwiches.

Diet can affect your genome.

Why should I take any supplements if I don't have to?

I'm willing to try going whole food vegan for 90 days because it's really close to what I eat now and I won't have any trouble giving up meat. Obese people run in families too so you could say that's genetic

If you're right and my high blood pressure is solely genetic then there will be no change. We'll see.
Oh and the supplements are all natural, I take them instead of pharmaceutical statins.

I'm remembering something Redd Foxx once said about all these health nuts one day lying in hospital beds dying from nothing....... [emoji38]
Keep telling yourself that your supplements will reverse you coronary artery disease

Funny how you think diet research is junk science but you jump on the supplement band wagon.

Where are all the studies with hundreds of thousands of participants and the results that backs up your claim about the ones you take?

Confirmation bias?

Funny how you think diet research is junk science but you jump on the supplement band wagon.

Where are all the studies with hundreds of thousands of participants and the results that backs up your claim about the ones you take?

Confirmation bias?

That's what I thought, black and white thinker, I never said I jumped on the supplement bandwagon I simply recommended two supplements that are the NATURAL version of statins as opposed to the pharmaceutical's chemical construct of statins....... They both control high cholesterol except one is all natural and has been used for centuries the other is chemical based to give pharmaceuticals the ability to patent it and make more money.
That's okay, you keep deflecting and mischaracterizing there Mr nutjob. In one way it's sad and pathetic, in another it's hysterically funny........

Confirmation bias?

Oh and here's one study you could have looked up yourself being such an avid seeker of the truth and such......... :rofl:

Red yeast rice and coenzyme Q10 as safe alternatives to surmount atorvastatin-induced myopathy in hyperlipidemic rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Read the conclusion where it says RYR and Co Q10 are better than the synthetic statins.

Confirmation bias?

Oh and here's one study you could have looked up yourself being such an avid seeker of the truth and such......... :rofl:

Red yeast rice and coenzyme Q10 as safe alternatives to surmount atorvastatin-induced myopathy in hyperlipidemic rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Read the conclusion where it says RYR and Co Q10 are better than the synthetic statins.
Why not just eat the foods that those supplements are made of instead of the processed chemically treated shit?

And that study was for rats not people

You say people are too different to use the same diets for health then you tell me that a study on rats is OK?

YUP

Confirmation bias

Confirmation bias?

Why not just eat the foods that those supplements are made of instead of the processed chemically treated shit?

Yeah, everyone's nutritional absorption is the same......... :rofl:

You say people are too different to use the same diets for health then you tell me that a study on rats is OK?

YUP

Confirmation bias

Obviously I'm dealing with a moron who believes he knows better than those who actually are experts in their fields........ A black and white thinker who bases everything he knows on what works with his body and the bodies of a select few and want's to argue narrow stupidity vs reality. Waste of my time, have a nice life, hope your nutritional beliefs don't kill you.
Bye.

YUP

Confirmation bias

Obviously I'm dealing with a moron who believes he knows better than those who actually are experts in their fields........ A black and white thinker who bases everything he knows on what works with his body and the bodies of a select few and want's to argue narrow stupidity vs reality. Waste of my time, have a nice life, hope your nutritional beliefs don't kill you.
Bye.
You really are defending your disingenuosness to the death.

So decades of clinical evidence in human patients regarding the effects of diet on health aren't good enough for you but a study on rats is.

I just watched Game Changers, a documentary on Netflix.

Now I know this is going to be a contentious topic.

The main thrust of the movie is that diet can not only halt but reverse diseases like Type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease, autoimmune diseases etc.

IMO the conclusions are valid.

So if it could be proven to you that a plant based whole food diet would reduce or eliminate your risk of heart attack, stroke, cancer, normalize blood pressure and add years to your life would you change the way you eat?

I watched Game Changers, it was interesting. The science of food is interesting for we are what we eat, though I do believe I would exercise some caution about going all in to the Vegan diet Game Changers is promoting. They do make good points however everyone is different and sources and quality of foods are not always as billed.
Meat protein for instance can be served in different ways and eating a steady diet of deep fried chicken cant be compared to eating slow cooked lamb and fish. There are too many questions and variables. For one thing to live a vegan diet in the US, many people rely on Soy based products , but not all soy is the same. Short term health effects may be one thing but I have to wonder what the long term effects might be. The video subjects are all young atheletes for the most part and while I think a vegetarian diet can be good, depending on the person, I personally think its a good idea to change your diet up from time to time, with even some periods of fasting to give your system a break.

14 Side Effects of Soy | Eat This Not That

The main thrust of the movie is that diet can not only halt but reverse diseases like Type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease, autoimmune diseases etc.

So if it could be proven to you that a plant based whole food diet would reduce or eliminate your risk of heart attack, stroke, cancer, normalize blood pressure and add years to your life would you change the way you eat?

I watched Game Changers, it was interesting. The science of food is interesting for we are what we eat, though I do believe I would exercise some caution about going all in to the Vegan diet Game Changers is promoting. They do make good points however everyone is different and sources and quality of foods are not always as billed.
Meat protein for instance can be served in different ways and eating a steady diet of deep fried chicken cant be compared to eating slow cooked lamb and fish. There are too many questions and variables. For one thing to live a vegan diet in the US, many people rely on Soy based products , but not all soy is the same. Short term health effects may be one thing but I have to wonder what the long term effects might be. The video subjects are all young atheletes for the most part and while I think a vegetarian diet can be good, depending on the person, I personally think its a good idea to change your diet up from time to time, with even some periods of fasting to give your system a break.

You don't have to eat soy.

I despise tofu and will not eat it.

I'm speaking from the point of a man who has been a fitness freak for most of my life

I eat extremely clean.

I only eat grass fed beef infrequently and mostly eat organic free range poultry and fish.

I eat a lot of fruit and veg and moderate amounts of beans and whole grains

Yet I still have hypertension and high cholesterol

Seeing the results that thousands of people have had with a whole foods vegan diet I think it would be worth a try for at least 90 days

I seriously doubt it will ruin my health.

I'm speaking from the point of a man who has been a fitness freak for most of my life

I eat extremely clean.

I only eat grass fed beef infrequently and mostly eat organic free range poultry and fish.

Seeing the results that thousands of people have had with a whole foods vegan diet I think it would be worth a try for at least 90 days

well, it might be good for you. people all don't react the same to food as we all have some genetic variables, its probably healthy for most people to cut back on meat consumption depending on the source and the way it is prepared. My point is that even going to a plant based diet, people shouldn't be lulled into thinking that because it's plant based they are doing everything right. Which is kinda why i think its good to have some variation in the diet.
The fact that many dietary health problems in the US are on the uptick like obesity and diabetes is probably good evidence that we are doing something wrong. I wouldnt simply discount what you are saying, its worth anyone taking a look at

I eat extremely clean.

well, it might be good for you. people all don't react the same to food as we all have some genetic variables, its probably healthy for most people to cut back on meat consumption depending on the source and the way it is prepared. My point is that even going to a plant based diet, people shouldn't be lulled into thinking that because it's plant based they are doing everything right. Which is kinda why i think its good to have some variation in the diet.
The fact that many dietary health problems in the US are on the uptick like obesity and diabetes is probably good evidence that we are doing something wrong. I wouldnt simply discount what you are saying, its worth anyone taking a look at
I just don't think that genetic variation is as important as most people think it is

We are far more alike than we are different

I eat extremely clean.

I just don't think that genetic variation is as important as most people think it is

well there is the whole thing about blood type and how possibly, blood types mutated in the adaptation of the different diets people began to eat. Some people can eat carbs with not much of a problem it seems and then others just explode because their body has a more efficient metabolism. If anything is true, its probably a good idea for everyone... if they have the time to at least be aware of what it is they are putting in their mouth and do a little research as to why they may not be feeling good if they are having a problem.

I eat extremely clean.

well there is the whole thing about blood type and how possibly, blood types mutated in the adaptation of the different diets people began to eat. Some people can eat carbs with not much of a problem it seems and then others just explode because their body has a more efficient metabolism. If anything is true, its probably a good idea for everyone... if they have the time to at least be aware of what it is they are putting in their mouth and do a little research as to why they may not be feeling good if they are having a problem.
It depends on the carbs.

White bread and French fries are all plants but they in no way resemble whole sprouted grain bread a whole unadulterated potato when it comes to actual food value

It's no secret a plant based diet is going to lead to a reduction in certain diseases and medical conditions. We also know all the lovely chemicals have an effect too. We eat meat once per week and it's venison, not chemical laden meat from our nasty meat packing industry. But I do not expect others to follow my diet. It's up to them. They know what's healthy.

It's no secret a plant based diet is going to lead to a reduction in certain diseases and medical conditions. We also know all the lovely chemicals have an effect too. We eat meat once per week and it's venison, not chemical laden meat from our nasty meat packing industry. But I do not expect others to follow my diet. It's up to them. They know what's healthy.
I think it's pretty obvious that people don't know what's healthy

Or they think they know but are basing that on bad information

Well, a plant-based diet only is healthy if it consists of whole foods. Eating “whole” is the key to health as on whole food you get all the nutrients to be found in the natural food, nothing removed, nothing added.

NB!!! And it should not be in a can or package,e. g. beans or chick-peas need to be cooked from scratch, not from a can etc. It may be frozen to qualify for whole if it has not been blanched. The “wholest” food you can get is raw food, you should eat about one third of your overall intake raw (more is even better).

Well, a plant-based diet only is healthy if it consists of whole foods. Eating “whole” is the key to health as on whole food you get all the nutrients to be found in the natural food, nothing removed, nothing added.
Which is what I have been saying all along

Forum List

Back