Gallup Poll Shows Unemployment Down To 7.3%

Aug 7, 2012
Gallup Poll Shows Unemployment Down To 7.3% :eusa_clap:

Gallup’s 30 day moving average poll finds unemployment has dropped to 7.3%. This obviously correlates to the recent BLS numbers that had the right wing in a frenzy of conspiracy talk. Also correlating to the improving BLS numbers are the facts that recent jobless claims numbers are dropping dramatically and today’s consumer confidence number hit a 5 year pre recession high.

So, all this new information should put the conservative conspiracy theorists to rest and they can take off the tin foil hat. This isn’t a conspiracy to re-elect President Obama; rather, it is a mandate that he should be re-elected considering the economic indicators. He has handled the economy well and has continued to be a steady hand at the wheel of history.

Will the news media pick up stories like this? No, of course not. If the American people knew this information readily, the race would be blown wide open by President Obama and nobody would tune into their stations.

LINK

Wow......a state didnt report....they must have had some awesome job creation numbers......you are a clown......

Wow. The 'nuts used to love to resort to the Gallup numbers when they weren't as good as the official government numbers;

I'm guessing that manuever will now have lost its charm.

Until they find a way to count the people off of unemployment benefits they can tell me anyone's numbers are correct. I have been off unemployment since May 12, 2012 and I have never been contacted in anyway so these numbers are completely false.

Until they find a way to count the people off of unemployment benefits they can tell me anyone's numbers are correct. I have been off unemployment since May 12, 2012 and I have never been contacted in anyway so these numbers are completely false.

They have a way to estimate that number and do, they just don't like to Remind of it. It's called UE6 and it remains 14.7%

Wow. The 'nuts used to love to resort to the Gallup numbers when they weren't as good as the official government numbers;

really? I've never even heard of gallop's numbers.

They have a way to estimate that number and do, they just don't like to Remind of it. It's called UE6 and it remains 14.7%

It was 15.1 in Feb. of 2009.

A polling firm determining unemployment numbers. There are stats to look at and we now know the recent numbers came about because a state was not accounted for. No one can give accurate numbers without counting all states and we need to take into consideration the number of people who have given up and no longer count in those numbers. The conclusion is only as good as the accuracy of the information given to begin with.

Gallup’s 30 day moving average poll finds unemployment has dropped to 7.3%. This obviously correlates to the recent BLS numbers that had the right wing in a frenzy of conspiracy talk. Also correlating to the improving BLS numbers are the facts that recent jobless claims numbers are dropping dramatically and today’s consumer confidence number hit a 5 year pre recession high.

So, all this new information should put the conservative conspiracy theorists to rest and they can take off the tin foil hat. This isn’t a conspiracy to re-elect President Obama; rather, it is a mandate that he should be re-elected considering the economic indicators. He has handled the economy well and has continued to be a steady hand at the wheel of history.

Will the news media pick up stories like this? No, of course not. If the American people knew this information readily, the race would be blown wide open by President Obama and nobody would tune into their stations.

LINK
Beat you to it. :D

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/253232-gallup-unemployment-7-3-a.html

You people defending these beyond ridiculous unemployment numbers really have to stop. Unemployment is closer to 20% there are so many people not counted

really? I've never even heard of gallop's numbers.

Your pals have. For instance:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...rth-week-in-a-row-cautions-on-bls-data-7.html

Didnt know about that one.....but are these the same polls, I dont remember the UE rate at 18%.....isnt that the underemployed rate? if it is what is that rate now?

From Gallup.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment
Each result is based on a 30-day rolling average; not seasonally adjusted
Download complete trend

Gallup tracks daily the percentage of U.S. adults , ages 18 and older, who are underemployed, unemployed, and employed full-time for an employer, without seasonal adjustment. "Underemployed" respondents are employed part time, but want to work full time, or they are unemployed. "Unemployed" respondents are those within the underemployed group who are not employed, even for one hour a week, but are available and looking for work.

Unemployment and underemployment are calculated as a percent of the workforce. Payroll to Population is a measure of those who are employed by an employer for at least 30 hours per week. Payroll to Population is calculated as a percent of the total population. Daily results reflect 30-day rolling averages based on telephone interviews with approximately 30,000 adults. Because results are not seasonally adjusted, they are not directly comparable to numbers reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which are based on workers 16 and older. Margin of error is ± 1 percentage point.

No freaking poll especially Gallup can determine unemployment. Man the leftytoons need to get their shit together.

The Unemployment numbers are not and have never been based on UI benefits. Not part of the definition, not even asked in the survey. A survey that's been run for 80 years now.

A polling firm determining unemployment numbers. There are stats to look at and we now know the recent numbers came about because a state was not accounted for. No one can give accurate numbers without counting all states and we need to take into consideration the number of people who have given up and no longer count in those numbers. The conclusion is only as good as the accuracy of the information given to begin with.
You're confused. First it turns out that the claim that a large state did not report UI claims is false.
Second, UI claims have nothing to do with the Unemployment rate either by BLS or Gallup.
Third, why should people not trying to work be classified as Unemployed? What is your rationale for that?

You people defending these beyond ridiculous unemployment numbers really have to stop. Unemployment is closer to 20% there are so many people not counted
Which people aren't counted (I know, just don't know if you do), why aren't they counted, and why do you think they should be?

LINK

I have a rule when I go to blogs, if I have to scroll down before I can see any content the blog isn't worth reading.

So I went to Gallup to see what the poll actually says, and discovered something interesting. Despite the drop in unemployment to 7.3% the ratio of payroll to population has remained steady at slightly over 45%. That tells me that over half of the people surveyed are not getting a paycheck, even though less than 9% of them are unemployed.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

Since I have never actually looked at Gallops methodology for the poll this is going to take some time to understand.

Gallop's Daily poll is usually spot on with the BLS numbers. Something is happening that I do't see at the moment, maybe Obama managed to deport a bunch of illegals over the last month in order to drop unemployment without actually causing a corresponding uptick in employment.

New Topics

Forum List

Back