Gabby Giffords, pushing law that her attacker obeyed before shooting her...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
gun control twits would be funny if they weren't trying to disarm law abiding Americans......Gabby Giffords is working to pass a background check law...that the man who shot her obeyed before he shot her............the guy passed the very background check she now wants to push for private sales.......so this new law she wants...would not have stopped her shooter.....

Anti gun-nuts are not rational human beings.....

Gabby Giffords in NV Campaigning for Same Background Check Her Attacker Passed - Breitbart

Again — and this cannot be stressed enough — Giffords is fighting to force more people to pass the very check her attacker passed for his handgun. And she is doing it under the guise of “stopping gun violence.” But how can it stop gun violence when nearly every mass public attacker of recent memory passed a background check for his or her guns?

A short list of attackers and alleged attackers who acquired their guns via background checks includes:

• the New York City bombing suspect (September 19)
  • the Orlando Pulse attacker (June 12)
  • the UCLA gunman (June 1)
  • the San Bernardino attackers (December 2, 2015)
  • the Colorado Springs attacker (October 31, 2015)
  • the Umpqua Community College attacker (October 1, 2015)
  • Alison Parker’s attacker (August 26, 2015)
  • the Lafayette movie theater attacker (July 23, 2015)
  • the Chattanooga attacker (July 16, 2015)
  • the alleged Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal attacker (Jun 17, 2015)
  • the Muhammad Carton Contest attackers (May 3, 2014)
  • the Las Vegas cop killers (June 9, 2015)
  • the Santa Barbara attacker (May 23, 2014)
  • the Fort Hood attacker (April 2, 2014)
  • the Arapahoe High School attacker (December 13, 2013)
  • the D.C. Navy Yard attacker (September 16, 2013)
  • the Aurora movie theater attacker (July 20, 2012)
  • Gabby Giffords’s attacker (January 8, 2011)
  • the Fort Hood attacker (November 5, 2009)
  • the Virginia Tech attacker (April 16, 2007), and many others.
How can anyone who reads that list fail to realize that background checks do not stop latent criminals? A man with criminal intent but no criminal or mental health record will pass background checks all day long, acquire the guns he needs, then kill innocents. At the same time, the new gun controls contained in Question 1 will make the gun-purchasing process more tedious and cumbersome for law-abiding citizens.

But how can it stop gun violence when nearly every mass public attacker of recent memory passed a background check for his or her guns?

This is a fair point, and it's one I've been making since the day I joined this site --- the remedy to gun slaughter doesn't lie in the laws, it lies in the culture. What we need to stamp out is not this gun or that user --- it's the whole attitude that shooting things is somehow "cool" .... the gun fetish mentality. That's what needs to go, yesterday.

I felt sorry for that bitch for about 10 minutes when she was shot because nobody deserves that. But she's alive and well now and actively working to take away my guns, so fuck her. Getting shot didn't turn her into a good person, she's still the same anti freedom politician she's always been.

But how can it stop gun violence when nearly every mass public attacker of recent memory passed a background check for his or her guns?

This is a fair point, and it's one I've been making since the day I joined this site --- the remedy to gun slaughter doesn't lie in the laws, it lies in the culture. What we need to stamp out is not this gun or that user --- it's the whole attitude that shooting things is somehow "cool" .... the gun fetish mentality. That's what needs to go, yesterday.
Shooting things is somehow cool. Maybe you've never tried it, but when you're pelting targets 1000 meters away with a belt fed M-60, it is straight awesome! Freedom doesn't run in your veins, but it runs in mine.

Shooting things is somehow cool. Maybe you've never tried it, but when you're pelting targets 1000 meters away with a belt fed M-60, it is straight awesome! Freedom doesn't run in your veins, but it runs in mine.

That's not "freedom"---- that's "wanton destruction".

Again --- we as a culture have to grow the hell up. This ain't childhood any more.

Again --- we as a culture have to grow the hell up. This ain't childhood any more.
Blowing shit up will always be super fun. I'm so glad I'm not a pussy like you.

If you're a grown adult and believe "blowing shit up is fun", then you're already in a hole and still diggin'

:dig:

and yet you still miss the mark......that attitude is confined to a tiny portion of the criminal culture in our society...it is not part of the over all gun culture...normal, law abiding gun owners, 357 million guns in private hands and less than 9,616 used to commit gun murder.......are not using their guns to commit crime or murder....

if you won't focus on the actual criminals using the guns, you are going to miss your point......

No....a certain, tiny portion of our culture needs to grow up...which is hard to do when they have been raised, generation after generation by single, teenage mothers...with no fathers, and no adult role models to teach adult maturity....and emotional control.

No....a certain, tiny portion of our culture needs to grow up...which is hard to do when they have been raised, generation after generation by single, teenage mothers...with no fathers, and no adult role models to teach adult maturity....and emotional control.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I think gun slaughter has been around a teensy-weensy bit longer than a certain, tiny portion of our culture that needs to grow up...which is hard to do when they have been raised, generation after generation by single, teenage mothers...with no fathers, and no adult role models to teach adult maturity....and emotional control.

But yes, there is a portion, and it's in no way "tiny", of our culture that needs to grow up and has no maturity or emotional control. One of their kind is even running for President -- TODAY. :eek:

and yet you still miss the mark......that attitude is confined to a tiny portion of the criminal culture in our society...it is not part of the over all gun culture...normal, law abiding gun owners, 357 million guns in private hands and less than 9,616 used to commit gun murder.......are not using their guns to commit crime or murder....

if you won't focus on the actual criminals using the guns, you are going to miss your point......

I focus on the entire motivation, which goes to the entire cultural value system.

If we were a culture that celebrated and romanticized and wrote books about and made a constant stream of movies and TV shows and video games about, let's say, poisoning people, then we'd have a poison-celebrating culture, and that criminal element would be poisoning people and we'd have serial and mass poisoners and politicians would be throwing useless laws at controlling poisons and those who can buy them. Because the motivation would be "to poison".

Now do the math.

More "live the way I want to, not the way you want to" progressivism.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I think gun slaughter has been around a teensy-weensy bit longer than a certain, tiny portion of our culture that needs to grow up...which is hard to do when they have been raised, generation after generation by single, teenage mothers...with no fathers, and no adult role models to teach adult maturity....and emotional control.

But yes, there is a portion, and it's in no way "tiny", of our culture that needs to grow up and has no maturity or emotional control. One of their kind is even running for President -- TODAY. :eek:

So why does that mean it takes me 3-6 months and $1000 in fees just to get a home use handgun permit in NYC?

So why does that mean it takes me 3-6 months and $1000 in fees just to get a home use handgun permit in NYC?

I have no idea (or interest in) how long it takes to get a permit. That's just politicians throwing laws at what is really not a legal issue. My entire thrust here has always been that that's an irrelevant exercise in politicking --- doing something that looks good on paper but has no real effect. Treating the symptom while ignoring the disease.

More "live the way I want to, not the way you want to" progressivism.

Indeed "the way you want to" --- you meaning people in general --- is the whole point here.

Analogies-R-Us: if we were a culture that "wanted to" greet each other each day by hitting the other person about the head with a two-by-four, then changing the culture to one that does not "want to" do that would end the practice. On the other hand if we just passed laws against doing that ---- "want to" would still exist, and it would still happen, law or no law.

We're in the process, as yet unfinished, of doing the same thing with smoking. Fifty, seventy-five years ago it was "cool" to take a noxious weed that's been sprayed with pesticides and wrapped in chloriine-bleached paper by huge megacorporations keeping their suppliers at poverty wages, set fire to that thing and inhale the smoke into one's lungs. Now it's "uncool". Nobody passed a law to make that happen. Laws ain't the answer to everything unless you're a statist.

No....you missed it.........the current problem with murder in the United States is confined to our inner cities...to criminals with long criminal histories....it isn't normal, law abiding gun owners who own and carry guns for self defense, sport, and collecting...so you are wrong......our criminal culture is violent and murderous...they will kill over facebook insults...and it has nothing to do with guns..it has everything to do with teenage mothers raising children who raise children decade after decade.....and no one teaching these children how to be mature adults...the rest of the gun owning culture...perfectly fine....

I focus on the entire motivation, which goes to the entire cultural value system.

If we were a culture that celebrated and romanticized and wrote books about and made a constant stream of movies and TV shows and video games about, let's say, poisoning people, then we'd have a poison-celebrating culture, and that criminal element would be poisoning people and we'd have serial and mass poisoners and politicians would be throwing useless laws at controlling poisons and those who can buy them. Because the motivation would be "to poison".

Now do the math.

Our gun murder rate has been going down, not up...as more normal, law abiding people have bought, owned and carry guns......and this is with the increasing level of the very violence in movies and television that you talk about....

No....you missed it.........the current problem with murder in the United States is confined to our inner cities...to criminals with long criminal histories....it isn't normal, law abiding gun owners who own and carry guns for self defense, sport, and collecting...so you are wrong......our criminal culture is violent and murderous...they will kill over facebook insults...and it has nothing to do with guns..it has everything to do with teenage mothers raising children who raise children decade after decade.....and no one teaching these children how to be mature adults...the rest of the gun owning culture...perfectly fine....

"Criminal culture" has always been violent and murderous, by definition.

But again the point you're trying to dance away from is that gun violence has been around a fuck of a lot longer than black people, which is what you're also trying to dance around. That shit doesn't fool anybody.

I felt sorry for that bitch for about 10 minutes when she was shot because nobody deserves that. But she's alive and well now and actively working to take away my guns, so fuck her. Getting shot didn't turn her into a good person, she's still the same anti freedom politician she's always been.
"that bitch".....another Alt-Right Drumpfster speaks up.

Forum List

Back