Gaaaaaah!!!!!

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Took my two year old Macbook Pro in to be fixed on Wednesday and it's fucken Dead!!!
Thats two of em in less than five years!!! Three if you count the one I dropped in the pool. :eusa_doh:
New one will be here on Monday.
I usually never buy the extended warranty on anything but both have died in under three years and the extended warranty is three years. You can bet this one will last three years and one week. Damn extended warranty is $380 bucks for a grand total of $3007 bucks and change.
From what I've read the average lifespan is 6 to 8 years with many of them going far beyond that. I have to think it's because I bring my laptop from A/C to the back porch in the Texas humidity.
Asked the repair guy and he said that shouldnt be an issue.
My plan from now on is going to be to bring it outside before I make my coffee and set it in front of the fan for 15 or 20 minutes before firing it up.
This will be my last try with the MacBook Pro after spending $9'900 bucks for laptops over the last 6 or 7 years albeit one was my fault.
I've been using the Wifes hand me down Toshiba and it's driving me forking insane!!!!
Fuck those Evil bastards at Apple for making a laptop thats so easy to use and has a badass screen!!!!

Oh...any suggestions on beating the humidity would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Took my two year old Macbook Pro in to be fixed on Wednesday and it's fucken Dead!!!
Thats two of em in less than five years!!! Three if you count the one I dropped in the pool. :eusa_doh:
I usually never buy the extended warranty on anything but both have died in under three years and the extended warranty is three years. You can bet this one will last three years and one week. Damn extended warranty is $380 bucks for a grand total of $3007 bucks and change.
From what I've read the average lifespan is 6 to 8 years with many of them going far beyond that. I have to think it's because I bring my laptop from A/C to the back porch in the Texas humidity.
My plan from now on is going to be to bring it outside before I make my coffee and set it in front of the fan for 15 or 20 minutes before firing it up.
This will be my last try with the MacBook Pro after spending $9'900 bucks for laptops over the last 6 or 7 years albeit one was my fault.
I've been using the Wifes hand me down Toshiba and it's driving me forking insane!!!!
Fuck those Evil bastards at Apple for making a laptop thats so easy to use and has a badass screen!!!!

I don't know if humidity is the problem. Personally I don't like laptops or use them, I want a real computer and use a Mac Pro and it has operated flawlessly since 2011 (actually made in 2010 so yeah, 10 years old). Oh yeah, if anything goes wrong or I want to change / update it, I just open the case, pull out one part and insert the new one.

Move to the real desert southwest..........

I don't know if humidity is the problem. Personally I don't like laptops or use them, I want a real computer and use a Mac Pro and it has operated flawlessly since 2011 (actually made in 2010 so yeah, 10 years old). Oh yeah, if anything goes wrong or I want to change / update it, I just open the case, pull out one part and insert the new one.

A good laptop is every bit as powerful as your average desk top.
I like to be able to bring my laptop upstairs while watching football to keep up with other scores or out to the garage for tech support if I'm working on something I'm unfamiliar with.
I can sit in the pool and surf the net or watch a movie,just dont drop it in the pool like I did,personally I hate being indoors if I can avoid it.

Yeah, well, true. But a desktop, especially a Mac Pro, can pick up where an "average" desktop leaves off.

But most people don't need that.

That said, the real problem with laptops, other than the fact that they are generally not upgradable or serviceable by the user, is that everything in them is designed to need special parts where everything is necessarily compacted down and miniaturized with pancake motors and other parts packed together. The heat has nowhere to go. My Mac Pro is so well designed that the 3.46GHz Nahalem processor doesn't even need a fan on it! It works by pure convection alone off heat fins using the cross-flow ventilation in the case.

My question would be WHAT is failing in those laptops. My guess is there is some part that Apple is simply pushing right to the edge to get the performance out of.

I would use a smartphone, tablet or cheap disposable laptop for most of the stuff you mention and save the MacBook Pro for better things away from the pool or brutal heat.

Yeah, well, true. But a desktop, especially a Mac Pro, can pick up where an "average" desktop leaves off.

That said, the real problem with laptops, other than the fact that they are generally not upgradable or serviceable by the user, is that everything in them is designed to need special parts where everything is necessarily compacted down and miniaturized with pancake motors and other parts packed together. The heat has nowhere to go. My Mac Pro is so well designed that the 3.46GHz Nahalem processor doesn't even need a fan on it! It works by pure convection alone off heat fins using the cross-flow ventilation in the case.

My question would be WHAT is failing in those laptops. My guess is there is some part that Apple is simply pushing right to the edge to get the performance out of.

I would use a smartphone, tablet or cheap disposable laptop for most of the stuff you mention and save the MacBook Pro for better things away from the pool or brutal heat.

Never had a problem with over heating.
The fan doesnt run constantly and it's never shutdown due to heat like the I phone will.
I thought about giving up on the Mac since I can buy 4 to 1 but I like the laptop so much that I cant bring myself to go cheap.
And you cant beat the clarity on the screen.
We'll see,if this one dies a premature death I'll probably go that route.

Oh...as I said the usual life span is six plus years. I'd be alright with that.

MIght I suggest you revisit the definition of 'Insanity' ?

When I cant afford it then it's insanity.
Right now it's just stubbornness.

If you say so. I have systems I bought in 2005 that are still running. Of course, I only use them as file servers and database machines, and a one or two for Linux (even though I don't have the time to get proficient in that O/S, but the point is. They run. I've had two Macs, one My wife, the other My sister-in-law's church machine, that has died all inside of 4 years.

I don't do Macs or Apple. I am not saying that people who do are wrong or crazy, you understand.........:icon_sjung:

If you say so. I have systems I bought in 2005 that are still running. Of course, I only use them as file servers and database machines, and a one or two for Linux (even though I don't have the time to get proficient in that O/S, but the point is. They run. I've had two Macs, one My wife, the other My sister-in-law's church machine, that has died all inside of 4 years.

I don't do Macs or Apple. I am not saying that people who do are wrong or crazy, you understand.........:icon_sjung:

Like I said...the apparent life span is over six years.
If it's my fault for taking em out into the humidity I'll change my strategy and buy six or four cheap ones and just toss em when they die.

Forum List

Back