GA Driver Fires 14 Shots At Other Driver; Charged With Assault?

I think you will change your mind if the shooter claims he was afraid for his safety because the guy looked like a "thug" -- folks like you usually support murdering unarmed people if they look scary and powerful -- and make you feel all effeminate and weak .....which is how u normally feel....but.....
Congratulations you win a Lemmy!

tumblr_oiao9lKaQo1w0qbyyo4_r2_500.gif

"A Georgia driver is accused of firing multiple shots at another vehicle during what authorities have reportedly called a “road rage incident” on Highway 92 in Cherokee County. Local deputies said defendant Wade McEwan, 61, of Acworth, shot at least 14 rounds, according to WSB-TV. McEwan is accused of blocking victim Jason Daxon, 25, from passing him several times. The 61-year-old then opened fire on the younger man, deputies said. “Both vehicles were stopped at the traffic light at the intersection of Highway 92 and Woodstock Road when McEwan began firing through his drivers side window the sheriff’s office explained in a press release obtained by The Telegraph of Macon, Georgia. Daxon turned and headed in the other direction, but McEwan kept firing, the authorities have alleged. The 25-year-old was shot twice but managed to pull off the road, according to the WSB report. McEwan was reportedly charged with aggravated assault, reckless conduct, and reckless driving."
View attachment 666837View attachment 666838

So you shoot into someone's car 14 times, hit them twice and all you get charged with is assault and reckless driving?? WTF?? On top of that, an officer witnessed the shooting and he of all people should have clearly seen that what this guy did was attempted murder -- police themselves have fired into cars over 137 times for a lot less of a reason -- I don't know if this happened in one of those "good ol boy" counties but there is no way if this was the other way around; Mr. Daxon would be able to shoot at someone's car 14 times and not be charged with attempted murder; especially if he shot the occupant twice, once in the arm, one in the back....fortunately, the victim will survive his injuries -- but only charging this guy with assault seems like insult to injury....

First off, what an asshole. Mr. McEwan deserves a long "vacation."

But

"McEwan was reportedly charged with aggravated assault, reckless conduct, and reckless drivingt, reckless conduct, and reckless driving"

That is a felony. Dude will get at least 2 years and never be able to get a gun again.

But, you are right. That should be attempted murder.

Care to tell me what law was passed that demanded his release??
Can you point to the "Democrat bill" that called for this??

But after Seaberry was in jail for nearly a year, prosecutors failed to meet a demand for a speedy trial. That led to Judge J.D. Watts releasing Seaberry without bail, rather than having the charges dismissed altogether.

Since when are Dems blamed for a judge making a decision based on the 6th amendment??

Why do you folks consistently lie??
If the DA can't make a case in a year, the charges should be dropped entirely. If I were arrested for a crime, there is no way I'd let my attorney waive my right to a speedy trial. Delay works for the prosecution in most cases given the government's massive resources.

Forum List

Back