G.O.P. Group Warns of ‘Defector’ List If Donors Uncheck Recurring Box

Meh...the GOP is upset some of us only give to Trump's 'Save America' PAC and stopped giving directly to them. So technically we are defectors.

It's okay...they'll either get over it or they won't. No skin off my teeth either way.

FYI
If you had donated before September 2020, it would not have affected you.

I'm pretty sure I donated after 9/20...and I know I donated after the election and after President Trump left Washington in January. Never had an issue with recurring charges.

I did notice in the NYT article...buried three paragraphs from the end was this revelation...

"The use of prechecked boxes is not unprecedented in politics, and WinRed said it was simply adopting tactics that ActBlue put in place years ago. ActBlue said in a statement that it had begun to phase out prechecked recurring boxes “unless groups were explicitly asking for recurring contributions.” Some prominent Democratic groups, including both congressional campaign committees, continue to precheck recurring boxes regardless of that guidance. Still, Democratic refund rates were only a small fraction of the Trump campaign’s last year."

Actblue "has begun to"... right...the moment this article was written. What framing. The media is trash.

Last edited:
Meh...the GOP is upset some of us only give to Trump's 'Save America' PAC and stopped giving directly to them. So technically we are defectors.

It's okay...they'll either get over it or they won't. No skin off my teeth either way.

FYI

I'm pretty sure I donated after 9/20...and I know I donated after the election and after President Trump left Washington in January. Never had an issue with recurring charges.

I did notice in the NYT article...buried three paragraphs from the end was this revelation...

"The use of prechecked boxes is not unprecedented in politics, and WinRed said it was simply adopting tactics that ActBlue put in place years ago. ActBlue said in a statement that it had begun to phase out prechecked recurring boxes “unless groups were explicitly asking for recurring contributions.” Some prominent Democratic groups, including both congressional campaign committees, continue to precheck recurring boxes regardless of that guidance. Still, Democratic refund rates were only a small fraction of the Trump campaign’s last year."

Actblue "has begun to"... right...the moment this article was written. What framing. The media is trash.
Thanks Missourian!
I think it is scummy, and a practice that should not occur!

Some scams are more deceiving than others, also!

FYI

Damn, so either Trump tricked them or Trump voters are too dumb to read. $122 million is a lot of money to refund.

Like I said if a senile old man is the best president of the century we are truly fucked
Try to snap out of your drunken partisan stupor. Will ya? Try.

FYI I didn't vote for Trump either time he ran and haven't voted for a republican or a democrat in 20 years.

Why don't you try to breakout of your 2 dimensional pigeonhole thinking pattern?
So you haven't voted in 20 years and think that is something to be proud of? It is people like you that are a big part of the problem.
Since you have not voted you have no right to complain,

So now the republicans are threatening their own voters.
The GOP is essentially Trumpism now. Trumpism is in a "war". So this isn't shocking.

You're completely with us, or you're the enemy.

It's them and their adored one against the world. Very biblical. I guess.

They sure have playing the victim perfected.

Last edited:
Trump is out of office, but left behind a fractured, disfunctional party.

trumptoon064.jpg

I hear they are pretty tired of not-winning, but most still can't figure out the cause.

They've figured out the cause all right. People are voting AGAINST them. So the voting has to stop. 200+ new laws to restrict voting.

Like I said if a senile old man is the best president of the century we are truly fucked

FYI I didn't vote for Trump either time he ran and haven't voted for a republican or a democrat in 20 years.

Why don't you try to breakout of your 2 dimensional pigeonhole thinking pattern?
So you haven't voted in 20 years and think that is something to be proud of? It is people like you that are a big part of the problem.
Where did i say I haven't voted?

That's you demonstrating that you are a 2 dimensional thinker.

Thanks for making my point.

OK so you are an independent that votes for candidates that do not stand a chance of winning. So do you enjoy throwing your vote away?

I have experienced exactly what you got from that poster.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978.

I've voted a variety of parties through the decades.

Apparently some stupid people don't know there are more than 2 just two political parties. And apparently that person you replied to has never voted. If that person had voted in the past they would have seen a variety of parties and people running for office on the ballot they filled out when they voted.

We have 2 major parties that usually win but there are many other political parties out there and I've vote for some of them through the years.

Ignore stupid people like the one you replied to. They just aren't worth wasting your time.

So now the republicans are threatening their own voters.
The GOP is essentially Trumpism now. Trumpism is in a "war". So this isn't shocking.

You're completely with us, or you're the enemy.

It's them and their adored one against the world. Very biblical. I guess.

They sure have playing the victim perfected.
Well, look at the man they adore.

True trump has made a career of playing the victim.

OK so you are an independent that votes for candidates that do not stand a chance of winning. So do you enjoy throwing your vote away?

Better than compromising my own values.

It's not throwing your vote away if you're voting your conscience and the person you honestly want to win.

No vote is a wasted vote.

The only wasted vote is the vote that wasn't cast.

I have experienced exactly what you got from that poster.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978.

I've voted a variety of parties through the decades.

Apparently some stupid people don't know there are more than 2 just two political parties. And apparently that person you replied to has never voted. If that person had voted in the past they would have seen a variety of parties and people running for office on the ballot they filled out when they voted.

We have 2 major parties that usually win but there are many other political parties out there and I've vote for some of them through the years.

Ignore stupid people like the one you replied to. They just aren't worth wasting your time.
What's really stupid is people think the same 2 parties that fucked up this country can unfuck it

If I was a republican I wouldn't donate at all to avoid being labeled a "defector."

So we should vote for the party that labels all of us as “racist” for simply not agreeing with their radical policies that are destroying the. US? No thanks.

Better than compromising my own values.

Exactly.

Thank you.

Forum List

Back