CDZ FYI : you might want to opt out of your phone's location tracking services entirely and forever. Back to buying paper maps, folks.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Eye-opening. I'm so incredibly glad i already opted out years ago.
Opinions welcome, of course.

Also : government-run, cartel-run spyware called 'pegasus' can bypass the opting out!
See here how to detect if your phone is infected : Here’s how to check your phone for Pegasus spyware using Amnesty’s tool
Bah. Your vaccines have chips in them anyway, right?

The sheer number of devices is what gives you anonymity.

There are currently over 20 Billion network connected devices on Earth.

Even with advanced artificial intelligence algorithms, it's not possible to track everyone. All anyone could do with the sheer volume of data being gathered is derive population trends.

Singling out a specific individual device in all that noise is like trying to find a specific needle in a mountain of needles.

If you have Google-based location services running on your smart phone, log into Google on your computer and look at your timeline. You can even zoom in on one day and look at the routes. I got around in '21.

:laughing0301:

timeline.jpg

Even with advanced artificial intelligence algorithms, it's not possible to track everyone. All anyone could do with the sheer volume of data being gathered is derive population trends.

Singling out a specific individual device in all that noise is like trying to find a specific needle in a mountain of needles.
I am confident that people can (and probably will) be singled out once they are put on the naughty list of someone that is powerful. I am hoping that I am such a low class peasant that no one will care where I am enough to single me out.

Also : government-run, cartel-run spyware called 'pegasus' can bypass the opting out!
See here how to detect if your phone is infected : Here’s how to check your phone for Pegasus spyware using Amnesty’s tool
My phone would tell them exactly where I am at all times....home watching television.
I don't go anywhere anymore...thanks to COVID.

I am confident that people can (and probably will) be singled out once they are put on the naughty list of someone that is powerful. I am hoping that I am such a low class peasant that no one will care where I am enough to single me out.

I've often said that anyone at the NSA assigned to track my daily comings and goings is being punished for some heinous breach of office etiquette.

It would truly be the shittiest job in the agency.

Back in the day, the NSA had to look people up in the "phone book."

A phone book had the name and address of everyone in America, pretty much.

Or they could call your neighbor and ask them where you were. That worked too.

Just one of the many reason why I don't always carry my phone around with me....

read. the. article.
and be estounded.

Interesting thread reading how trapped many of you are with these phones.

Besides when I have to, technology is a trap

Example. I have never texted once in my life. I could in an emergency, but I have never texted.

Why? Unless it is just a simple reminder message, I will never text you back. I MUST talk to you in person. You cannot text and hide with me. If you text because of cowardice or dodging, you will not get away with it. You will speak to me period...lol

Paper maps? Every major area has those map books for delivery drivers, no need for over-priced electronic crap that constantly needs charging, regardless of 'tracking'; it's just stupid to pay more and pay every month just cuz it's 'high tech n stuff'. Mapsco and Thomas guides are fine, and even used older ones are cheap and still cover the vast majority of streets and addresses.

How many new streets does SF Bay area or Dallas county have? Almost none, if any.

In any case, I thought we were all already micro-chipped n stuff, according to many of the jeenyuses here . Why would they need phone tracking?

New Topics

Forum List

Back