Fusion Energy Breakthrough!!!

Stop right there! Supply and demand has been proven to not be a factor in the way you're thinking. It's only a factor when it's used as a part of America's economic warfare.
What do you mean supply/demand is a non factor in the way im thinking? How am I thinking?

yeah yeah yeah, Biden said he's gonna get rid of fossil fuels and Trump said he was going to build a Great Wall that Mexico was going to pay for. Political hot air. Embellished campaign promises don't really have much to do with this conversation though. You started the thread talking about a scientific breakthrough not politics. Wanna get back there?
Well the difference is 180°! Trump was promoting the USA by pointing out that the Biden's , Pelosi Obamas all have walls so why shouldn't the USA? Oh and guess what the latest news regarding the Wall...

BORDER WALL CONSTRUCTION RESUMES UNDER PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN​

The Biden administration laid out its plans to rev up work on completing Donald Trump’s signature project.​

In spite of Biden encouraging illegals to "surge to the border"!
But Biden's guarantee to "rid fossil fuels" was NOT to protect America's economy.... oh no! He wants to destroy it!
That is 180° difference from Trump building America!
Two totally DIFFERENT objectives and if you truly don't understand the difference, then tell me if you live in a home, is there a wall around your home???

Well the difference is 180°! Trump was promoting the USA by pointing out that the Biden's , Pelosi Obamas all have walls so why shouldn't the USA? Oh and guess what the latest news regarding the Wall...

BORDER WALL CONSTRUCTION RESUMES UNDER PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN​

The Biden administration laid out its plans to rev up work on completing Donald Trump’s signature project.​

In spite of Biden encouraging illegals to "surge to the border"!
But Biden's guarantee to "rid fossil fuels" was NOT to protect America's economy.... oh no! He wants to destroy it!
That is 180° difference from Trump building America!
Two totally DIFFERENT objectives and if you truly don't understand the difference, then tell me if you live in a home, is there a wall around your home???
Every administration has supported border security which included checkpoints and fencing... Trump just politicized the wall thing and made a joke out of the conversation.

But there is still no difference between the political rhetoric that both men through out there. You seem to want to keep this a political discussion is that right? Are we onto who is better Trump or Biden now?

All your claims for Americans being the inventors aren't true. Your list would be more attributable to Germans.

And in fact there hasn't been any claim of 'fusion' being harnessed. That's my point! Why has this nothing-burger claim even been attempted?

And then there's the moon thing that's been announced 15 years early!

Maybe if they hadn't destroyed all the technology from the Apollo missions they wouldn't need so long?
Right, they destroyed it? Right?

And of course the UFO's turned out to be a joke.

What is America's motive for this stuff? Predicting 'greatness' in the distant future?

Germans have invented a whole lot of things, but what I listed were all American inventions. (Except for the airplane...that's an ongoing argument between America and France)

The success fusion test was about harnessing fusion. There's nothing new about creating a fusion reaction - hydrogen bombs are fusion reactions. This test was about a controlled fusion reaction that yielded harnessable energy.

What the beef with the NASA announcing its intention to go to the moon again? They'd better make their plans clear to the public if they want to get funding. 15 years before is just due to the magnitude of the project - they're not just planning on going to the moon - they're planning on starting a small colony there - in preparation for going to Mars.

Did you expect the UFO report to say that we're being invaded by aliens? Sorry to disappoint you!

You just seem to be jealous of all of the great inventions that Americans have done. Sorry if all your country ever invented is Vodka and the Molotov cocktail!

Germans have invented a whole lot of things, but what I listed were all American inventions. (Except for the airplane...that's an ongoing argument between America and France)
America and Brazil.

The success fusion test was about harnessing fusion. There's nothing new about creating a fusion reaction - hydrogen bombs are fusion reactions. This test was about a controlled fusion reaction that yielded harnessable energy.

What the beef with the NASA announcing its intention to go to the moon again? They'd better make their plans clear to the public if they want to get funding. 15 years before is just due to the magnitude of the project - they're not just planning on going to the moon - they're planning on starting a small colony there - in preparation for going to Mars.

Did you expect the UFO report to say that we're being invaded by aliens? Sorry to disappoint you!

You just seem to be jealous of all of the great inventions that Americans have done. Sorry if all your country ever invented is Vodka and the Molotov cocktail!
Two Canadians designed and patented the first light bulb
A. Graham Bell was a Scot.
The bomb is credited to German scientist
Right on France claiming the first flight.
Benz invented the first automobile

I'm not sure about the first tractor but you can have the benefit of the doubt if you promise not to be lying.

It's been discredited. Catch up to me.

The 15 year delay on the moon just makes my point. It's highly suspicious on account of it being already accomplished we're told, and they destroyed all the technology so they have to invent it again.

And finally, fusion hasn't been harnessed as you suggested.

I'm not sure about the first tractor but you can have the benefit of the doubt if you promise not to be lying.

The 15 year delay on the moon just makes my point. It's highly suspicious on account of it being already accomplished we're told, and they destroyed all the technology so they have to invent it again.

Oh, did I correct yo on H bombs being a combination of fusion and fission.?

Huge news. Game-changer.

US scientists boost clean power hopes with fusion energy breakthrough

Net energy gain indicates technology could provide an abundant zero-carbon alternative to fossil fuels

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
Subscribe to read | Financial Times

US government scientists have made a breakthrough in the pursuit of limitless, zero-carbon power by achieving a net energy gain in a fusion reaction for the first time, according to three people with knowledge of preliminary results from a recent experiment. Physicists have since the 1950s sought to harness the fusion reaction that powers the sun, but no group had been able to produce more energy from the reaction than it consumes — a milestone known as net energy gain or target gain, which would help prove the process could provide a reliable, abundant alternative to fossil fuels and conventional nuclear energy. The federal Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, which uses a process called inertial confinement fusion that involves bombarding a tiny pellet of hydrogen plasma with the world’s biggest laser, had achieved net energy gain in a fusion experiment in the past two weeks, the people said.

I suppose it runs on stolen luggage too.

I was wrong about Bell - but your wrong about the rest.

Germany never created an atomic bomb.
Oh, did I correct yo on H bombs being a combination of fusion and fission.?

So you agree that H-bombs used fusion.

H-bombs use an atomic reaction (fission) to start the fusion reaction. The actual H-bomb is fusing hydrogen atoms.

I know how envious you are of America's ingenuity but try to control yourself!

Forum List

Back