Fury vs. Wilder

Meanwhile Fury has to consider MMA options and $$$!

Fury is going to have to consider giving Braun Strowman a return match , maybe at Wrestlemania. He did beat the Monster Among Men at Crown Jewels, but it was a count out win and Braun manhandled Fury after the match. I see Tyson Fury as a modern Primo Carnera, a giant of a man tremendous in all the combat competitions
Primo Carnera sucked

He is the origin of the phrase......The bigger they are, the harder they fall

Actually the origin of the phrase was Max Baer, talking about his upcoming fight with Primo, bragging and talking shit. Sure, he was able to back it up, but the idea was to promote interest in the bout.

But Carnera was heavyweight champion, and was a quality fighter. Every fighter eventually loses if they continue to fight, the fact the Baer and Joe Louis and some others beat him doesn't mean he "sucked".

That’s what I said, the origin was about Carnera and proved to be true. He fell about seven times

Carnera was heavy, but was not a quality fighter. He built his record against set ups and never beat a quality heavyweight. He ended up wrestling

Carnera won the heavyweight title against Sharkey. Sure, he lost to Max Baer, and he lost to Joe Louis as well. But everyone lost to Joe Louis, it didn't make them a "bum" if they did. "Bum of the Month" was just an expression, they were good fighters but the Brown Bomber was a tremendous fighter far above the rest. Sort of like in 2016, the GOP field was really deep and quality, lots of fantastic candidates, but Trump was so far above the rest, he schlonged them all.

Carnera did compete in wrestling as a professional, and believe me, was tremendous in the ring. He won a lot of matches, tagged a lot with a young Bruno Sammartino, who credited Primo for mentoring him during his early HOF career. Primo was enshrined along with Donald Trump and his fellow boxing champion Iron Mike Tyson.

Fury is going to have to consider giving Braun Strowman a return match , maybe at Wrestlemania. He did beat the Monster Among Men at Crown Jewels, but it was a count out win and Braun manhandled Fury after the match. I see Tyson Fury as a modern Primo Carnera, a giant of a man tremendous in all the combat competitions
Primo Carnera sucked

Yep. Max Baer floored him 11 times in one fight.

Primo Carnera sucked

Baer knocked down a lot of guys in his career, he was a tough hombre.

But Primo kept getting up. A huge part of wrestling, BTW, as recovering quickly is a huge part of success there too.

Wilder confirmed they’ll be a rematch right away. He blamed the loss on the heavy costume he was wearing walking into the ring. He said he had no legs after wearing that costume. He was also seen on camera pacing frantically for 40 minutes prior to the fight, which I couldn’t understand why they were letting him do that.

Wilder confirmed they’ll be a rematch right away. He blamed the loss on the heavy costume he was wearing walking into the ring. He said he had no legs after wearing that costume. He was also seen on camera pacing frantically for 40 minutes prior to the fight, which I couldn’t understand why they were letting him do that.
One of the lamest excuses I have ever heard.

He is either admitting to be weak or incredibly stupid

The idea of this excuse is to create interest in the upcoming rematch, it was the best argument they could come up with in the short time between the fight and now. Mr. Wilder wasn't going to just say he was outfought, or that Mr. Fury was a better man.

He just had to come up with a reason that would sow some doubt about the champion.

Just like Hillary Clinton's weak ass excuse about "russian collusion" as the reason she got schlonged. It was the best she could come up with, it isn't like she believed it either.

The idea of this excuse is to create interest in the upcoming rematch, it was the best argument they could come up with in the short time between the fight and now. Mr. Wilder wasn't going to just say he was outfought, or that Mr. Fury was a better man.

He just had to come up with a reason that would sow some doubt about the champion.

Just like Hillary Clinton's weak ass excuse about "russian collusion" as the reason she got schlonged. It was the best she could come up with, it isn't like she believed it either.
He is a heavyweight boxer
Claim a back injury or a twisted shoulder

But to claim I lost because the stupid costume I picked out wore me out walking from the dressing room to the ring is lame

He could have said that the punch that rattled him was the illegal punch to the ear. That would have sufficed, instead his excuse was ridiculous

Primo Carnera sucked

Baer knocked down a lot of guys in his career, he was a tough hombre.

But Primo kept getting up. A huge part of wrestling, BTW, as recovering quickly is a huge part of success there too.

Baer was tough, and a very hard puncher. As far as Carnera, having stepped in a ring myself, I would not ever disparage any man who will put the gloves on and put it on the line.

He was a big man that could take punishment so of course he did keep getting up.

I'm not knowledgeable about wrestling, but I have read that much of it is choreographed.

I don't know for certain.

Carnera was not an all time great, and gets a lot of criticism from so called boxing pundits, but he did at one point hold the title,so he is recognized for that.

But, for the true boxing enthusiast here, if you want to see a genuine all time great, look up and watch some videos of
Sugar Ray Robinson.

He is widely recognized as the best pound for pound boxer in history.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back