Fur Ban in SoCo

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
In May, the council members voted unanimously to approve the fur ban. Knowing they would be creating a precedent that other cities may follow...

Wearing fur as clothing is about vanity here in Southern California,” he said. “You don’t need to wear a fur coat to stay warm. You buy it for vanity. That’s why it’s necessary to make it a ban on apparel items.”

The number of stores in West Hollywood affected by the ban is unclear. Initially, D’Amico said there are only five or six shops in the city limits that sell fur apparel. Later, he reported back saying he had just gotten statistics saying that 46 percent of clothing stores in the city would be affected by the ban.

The ban does not apply to furniture items that have fur. When asked about that distinction, D’Amico said it is because of the presence of the Pacific Design Center, home to many renowned furniture designers.

Council Poised to Ban Sale of Fur Clothing - West Hollywood, CA Patch

Unbelievable. Totalitarian governments out of control.

Yeah kinda stupid, but who the heck needs furs in SoCal?

It's really not about that.... but I am not surprised that the actual point has sailed gently over your head.

For the record, I am absolutely 100% against the wearing of fur. But, being a supporter of the rights of the individual.... I am supportive of other people's right to murder animals and wear their skins if they are so inclined.

What is it with the so called liberals? Why are they so far removed from real liberals?

It's really not about that.... but I am not surprised that the actual point has sailed gently over your head.

For the record, I am absolutely 100% against the wearing of fur. But, being a supporter of the rights of the individual.... I am supportive of other people's right to murder animals and wear their skins if they are so inclined.

What is it with the so called liberals? Why are they so far removed from real liberals?

Socal has always been the for your own good state.

and some things were. Such as the car emissions laws and other poloution laws.

Socal used to have serious health threatening levels of smog.

the banning of fur sales is pretty stupid though.

and it doesn't now? LA still looks pretty nasty.

Its a big fashion haven.

No fur is a great fashion statement dont you think?

I'm more than aware of the idiocy of SoCal. There is a huge difference between the car emissions law and the banning of fur.

Yah but imagine it without the polloution control laws.

Oh hell yeah they do.

I moved out of state for 15 years and just came back to cali last year.

The skies are way bluer

Yah but imagine it without the polloution control laws.

Do they do a lot?

Yep if you consider the before and after the laws and consider the growth. Without the laws Socal would be a hellhole. Well more than it is now ;)

Another consideration is that Socal only exists in it's current form becuase of giganto federal water projects paid for with everyones tax dollars.
Same for Las Vegas on the electric and water.

Last edited:
Fur ban? Bet there are a whole bunch of dogs and other critters that are gonna be awful sorry to hear that! Will the law settle for them being shaved or will they all have to be skinned?

At least now I can understand why so many coyoties moved East.

Nope. And no hairy chested men either.

There are radical animal rights advocates that have an aversion to meat as well. How long til West Hollywood goes meatless?
Granted, furs may not be a big selling item in sunny CA, but if 46 percent of the clothing stores sell it, there must be some demand. People do travel and many like to buy local. What a shame for those retailers.

There are a myriad of products that people object to. This is a very unnerving precedent.

Forum List

Back