Fur Ban in SoCo

Socal has always been the for your own good state.

and some things were. Such as the car emissions laws and other poloution laws.

Socal used to have serious health threatening levels of smog.

the banning of fur sales is pretty stupid though.

"Socal" is not a State....its the Southern part of California.....which is the State....i know you knew this, but if some dummy read that......well you know.....

It's really not about that.... but I am not surprised that the actual point has sailed gently over your head.

For the record, I am absolutely 100% against the wearing of fur. But, being a supporter of the rights of the individual.... I am supportive of other people's right to murder animals and wear their skins if they are so inclined.

What is it with the so called liberals? Why are they so far removed from real liberals?

and it doesn't now? LA still looks pretty nasty.

in the 70's El they used to have Smog alerts....different stages.....bad ones the elderly and kids were supposed to stay indoors......i havent heard of one of these since those days,because of the Air Pollution laws out here....the basin being between the Ocean and the Mts. the smog kinda lingers over it.....and there are just too many cars here.....

Last edited:

"Socal" is not a State....its the Southern part of California.....which is the State....i know you knew this, but if some dummy read that......well you know.....

Cut him a little slack. He probably knows how many states there are - he just can't name them.

pretty dumb. if someone can afford sable or even chinchilla, they'll get in their 70 or 100k car and drive somewhere else to get it ...

from the link;
The ban does not apply to furniture items that have fur. When asked about that distinction, D’Amico said it is because of the presence of the Pacific Design Center, home to many renowned furniture designers.

but they will make an exception for fur furniture's renowned designers...... do people need to sit on fur? blowhards.

Cut him a little slack. He probably knows how many states there are - he just can't name them.

:redface:.....sorry....

Why anyone would willingly move to an authoritarian state is beyond me.

it wasn't always like this....back in the day you could be in a bar or bistro in san fran and have a conversation with just about anyone as a flaming con and as long as you at least made sense and was civil, it'd be cool...now? forget it. the city of tolerance possesses none.

when my aunt and uncle came out here in 78, anything went..none of this crap at all, quite the opposite in fact, live and let live. when I came here in 92...it was dying. It is, unless you live out in the valley , pretty much dead.

That's the impression I had of CA back in the day, and I loved the idea of those referendums and propositions - truly democratic. This is the antithesis of that.

That's the impression I had of CA back in the day, and I loved the idea of those referendums and propositions - truly democratic. This is the antithesis of that.

me to.

and let me say; I loved cali. and it may sound corny but I did move here for a new start. I was out of the service bumming around NYC for a few years and pulled up stakes, literally took everything we had and came west, just like the man said.

now? the day I put in my papers is the day we start packing.

Where to?

I must say NJ is an overtaxed, over-regulated nanny state, but I don't think I'd be happy living anywhere else. If only we had Cali weather...

In May, the council members voted unanimously to approve the fur ban. Knowing they would be creating a precedent that other cities may follow...

Wearing fur as clothing is about vanity here in Southern California,” he said. “You don’t need to wear a fur coat to stay warm. You buy it for vanity. That’s why it’s necessary to make it a ban on apparel items.”

The number of stores in West Hollywood affected by the ban is unclear. Initially, D’Amico said there are only five or six shops in the city limits that sell fur apparel. Later, he reported back saying he had just gotten statistics saying that 46 percent of clothing stores in the city would be affected by the ban.

The ban does not apply to furniture items that have fur. When asked about that distinction, D’Amico said it is because of the presence of the Pacific Design Center, home to many renowned furniture designers.

Council Poised to Ban Sale of Fur Clothing - West Hollywood, CA Patch

Unbelievable. Totalitarian governments out of control.

Fur.....animal skin.... How about leather, will that count too? How about cat toys...a good deal of them are made of fur.

Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Last edited:
Instinctively, I rather applaud a ban on furs, since I abhorr the idea of murdering creatures so we can adorn ourselves in their pelts. But that's an emotional reaction. When I flip my logic switch, I end up thinking, "Hey! If they can ban furs for purely personal "moral" reasons, then they can ban leather products as well. If they can ban fur and leather, can a ban on meat products be far behind?

Uh-uh, this is not the role of government, even local government. It's fine to discourage the wearing of furs or leathers, but it's not the government's role to limit a citizens choice of what to wear, what to eat, what to smoke, what to drink, and frankly, what to get high on. Prohibition of things people want for their own personal use does nothing more than create a vibrant criminal enterprise to supply the demand.

Next thing you know, we'll be reading about decapitated bodies dumped by Mexico's criminal fur and leather cartels. Sounds like hyperbole, but in reality it's born out by historical fact. Prohibit something? A criminal network immediately swings in to fill the void.

Ah... got carried away. About the fur ban. I'm against it.

That is all. ;)

Why anyone would willingly move to an authoritarian state is beyond me.

it wasn't always like this....back in the day you could be in a bar or bistro in san fran and have a conversation with just about anyone as a flaming con and as long as you at least made sense and was civil, it'd be cool...now? forget it. the city of tolerance possesses none.

when my aunt and uncle came out here in 78, anything went..none of this crap at all, quite the opposite in fact, live and let live. when I came here in 92...it was dying. It is, unless you live out in the valley , pretty much dead.

That was back when it was a liberal state... liberal as in Classical Liberal. Now, it's been destroyed by progressives masquerading as 'liberals'.

In May, the council members voted unanimously to approve the fur ban. Knowing they would be creating a precedent that other cities may follow...

Wearing fur as clothing is about vanity here in Southern California,” he said. “You don’t need to wear a fur coat to stay warm. You buy it for vanity. That’s why it’s necessary to make it a ban on apparel items.”

The number of stores in West Hollywood affected by the ban is unclear. Initially, D’Amico said there are only five or six shops in the city limits that sell fur apparel. Later, he reported back saying he had just gotten statistics saying that 46 percent of clothing stores in the city would be affected by the ban.

Council Poised to Ban Sale of Fur Clothing - West Hollywood, CA Patch

Unbelievable. Totalitarian governments out of control.

Yup, I agree that this proposed policy is wrong.

We're don't quite yet have a totalitarian government, but this policy proposal is over the top.

Forum List

Back