Fun quotes on fascism. Is the US fascist?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
"The American fascists are most easily recognized by their deliberate perversion of truth and fact. Their newspapers and propaganda carefully cultivate every fissure of disunity, every crack in the common front against fascism." Henry A. Wallace

"The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us." Michel Foucault

"I have never written that there is a threat of fascism in America. I always considered the idea overwrought. But now I believe there really is such a threat - and it will come draped not in an American flag, but in the name of tolerance and health". Dennis Prager

"You cannot appease fascism by meeting it in the middle; you cannot beat racism by indulging or excusing it." Mehdi Hasan

"The keystone of the Fascist doctrine is its conception of the State, of its essence, its functions, and its aims. For Fascism the State is absolute, individuals and groups relative." Benito Mussolini

"Any society where it's a crime or a hassle to be different is a society based on psychological fascism." David Icke

"The 20th century was a test bed for big ideas - fascism, communism, the atomic bomb." P. J. O'Rourke

"No government fights fascism to destroy it. When the bourgeoisie sees that power is slipping out of its hands, it brings up fascism to hold onto their privileges." Buenaventura Durruti

"I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism." P. D. James

"Unity in faith is theocracy; unity in politics is fascism." Maajid Nawaz

"Fascism is capitalism plus murder." Upton Sinclair

So all these voices from the past have something to say about fascism, and none of it is good.

Is the US fascist or are we Ok since Orange man is gone? I think the right can now see the fascist aspect of corporate Big Tech and finally on board with this acknowledgement.

Thanks Big Tech.

1610308521642.png

Fascism will never take hold in the USA.

View attachment 440832
It can happen here. When good men and women fail to speak out, and when one political Party has the control of the White House, the Congress and the H. or Representatives, and the Federal Judiciary with the sole intention and same ideology (such as Trumpism/Trumpian).

"Trumpian took off after Donald Trump launched his presidential campaign in 2015. Thanks to how many view Trump’s rhetoric and conduct, Trumpian began to describe blustering, narcissistic behavior and a brazen disregard for truth. Others began use Trumpian to characterize racist, sexist, and xenophobic ideologies, authoritarianism, and an angry brand of populism. After he won the White House in 2016 following an unorthodox campaign, some observers have taken to describing the broader culture under Trump’s candidacy and presidency as the Trumpian era, which has witnessed a spike in racism, sexism, bullying, and political subjectivity."

"Since Trump’s election as president in 2016, Trumpian has come to embody what opponents of Trump supporters see as the defining qualities of Trump’s political ideology: sexism, racism, xenophobia, arrogance, a deluded love of self, and a willful lack of truthfulness."

Forum List

Back