Fun facts about Social Security and how the Democrat party has attacked it repeatedly.

That's part of how you save money by raising the retirement age (again). More people will die before getting any benefit and those that get benefits have fewer years of drawing the benefits (based on Full Retirement Age).

WW
Making social security solvent is EASY! Just return to the original numbers: set the retirement age to the average life expectancy, plus two.
Bush wanted to 'privatize' SS, which is just a scheme to allow Wall Street to embezze it and lose it all in the next big crash they generate. All it needs is for wages to be adjusted for real inflation, taxes on off-shoring to make up for the wages and salaries lost to that scam, and robot productivity taxed as if they were employed humans. Then they could lower the rates back down to 3% or less. They can also pay back all the money the govt. used SS revenues for, assorted corporate welfare scams, the interstate highways Eisenhower used them for, off-budget military spending, foreign aid, etc., etc. And, stop dumping the revenues into the General Fund.
This is a fever dream.

It's Time for a 74% Top Tax Bracket to Save America From Our Billionaire Problem

100%? That's too much.

Won't do anything; they off-shore most of it now, plus they have all sorts of special deductions little people don't get; their real tax rates are probably around 1%-3% tops, regardless of the 'top rate' fantasy. For many it's zero for most years.

Making social security solvent is EASY! Just return to the original numbers: set the retirement age to the average life expectancy, plus two.

This is a fever dream.

So you flunked math in the 3rd grade. We figured that out a long time ago.

So retirement at 80. That will go over real well.

IIRC current life expectancy is around 78.

78 + 2 = 80

WW

DudleySmith

No really dude….the answer is not to chase wealth out of the country, or take their wealth, the answer is to create your own wealth…Why is that bad?

Why don't you losers do better? It's obvious many of you don't do well, but like pretending you do. You all use the same lines.
Nah, I’m not wealthy, but I do live the dream….Good job, decent 401k, own my own home, two vehicles, two grown kids, and a grandchild….Now, if I can make it to retirement, and greedy politicians like what we see now don’t manage to steal what I’ve worked my entire life saving, and working for, I’ll retire, play golf, enjoy my family, and live a good life…Why should I have to provide that for you? Why didn’t you work hard and save? It ain’t that hard….

Won't do anything; they off-shore most of it now, plus they have all sorts of special deductions little people don't get; their real tax rates are probably around 1%-3% tops, regardless of the 'top rate' fantasy. For many it's zero for most years.
Do you want to fix this? Or do you like them only paying 3%?

Do you want to fix this? Or do you like them only paying 3%?

Both Parties pander to them. Do you want to fix that or do you like shilling for them via Democrats rather than as a Republican? It was Democrats who got rid of Wright Patman and the other anti-monopolists in the 1970's and went big biz corporatists and left the govt. wide open to these crooks, competing for bribes and elitist snobbery with the GOP.

So, everyone from the bottom, to the top pays 10%, no caps….problem solved.

Actually anybody making less than $100K should not be paying a dime. But you Republicans shill for the globalists same as Democrats and want to jack up the tax rates on workers by 23% to 33% via your 'Fair Tax' scam, promoted by the World Bank, the IMF, and the DAvos Set, while lowering the tax rates for big corps and billionaires to next to zero.

Nah, I’m not wealthy, but I do live the dream….Good job, decent 401k, own my own home, two vehicles, two grown kids, and a grandchild….Now, if I can make it to retirement, and greedy politicians like what we see now don’t manage to steal what I’ve worked my entire life saving, and working for, I’ll retire, play golf, enjoy my family, and live a good life…Why should I have to provide that for you? Why didn’t you work hard and save? It ain’t that hard….

You don't provide squat for anybody; you're a much bigger mooch than lower income people. The middle class' is heavily subsidized for everything.

Your sniveling and srawmen indicate you don't know anything and if you have anything it's what your parents left you.

Actually anybody making less than $100K should not be paying a dime. But you Republicans shill for the globalists same as Democrats and want to jack up the tax rates on workers by 23% to 33% via your 'Fair Tax' scam, promoted by the World Bank, the IMF, and the DAvos Set, while lowering the tax rates for big corps and billionaires to next to zero.
How is that equal?

Forum List

Back