From the Voice of Personal Experience

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Because They Hate
By Larry Elder, World Net Daily
April 12, 2007

Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America, is written by Brigitte Gabriel. This is an edited version of our interview.

Larry Elder: You are of Christian Lebanese descent. When you heard what Rosie O'Donnell said, that Christian extremism is as bad as Islamic extremism, how did you react?

Brigitte Gabriel: Well, I do not know what land she is living in, but I do not recall when the last time I saw a Christian behead anybody on television, or behead somebody and advertise it on the Internet. I do not recall hearing a Christian preach that Muslims are apes and pigs because they are cursed by Jesus, the way that Muslims are teaching that we are apes and pigs.

I do not recall the last time a Christian went into an elementary school, hijacked children and started shooting them in the back like the Muslims did in Beslan in Russia when they went into a schoolyard and took over the children and started butchering them and killing them. [Rosie] better be thankful that she is living in America, because if she were living in Iran and spoke against her country – or any Arabic country – she would be beheaded or actually buried halfway in the ground, to be stoned to death.

Elder: Did you study Islam?

Gabriel: No, I did not study Islam; I lived Islam. I lived in the Middle East. I read the Quran in the Arabic language – I do not need translation. There is something about living in a place and being an eyewitness and coming from a culture and blowing the whistle on that culture, and that is very different from someone majoring in Islam and living in the Middle East for two months so they can write their thesis.

for full article:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55153

I've spoken about her before and in my opinion she is shit hot! I mean she is willing to take the fight to the moderate muslims, who for some very odd reason hide behind the veil and refuse to denounce terror in any form. She is right if we as a nation can’t stand up and challenge these real world issues at home we'll be the next Israel being bombed everyday by ruthless and coward radicals. This goes way beyond it won't happen here like think. We need to act now and get beyond political hoopla and really get honest about homeland security.
What is very difficult to understand is how we have known terror cells in our country and several are right off the beltway near D.C. and we haven't or won't go after these cells. I believe they are being tracked but eliminating the treat before it happens would be a motivating start.

I certainly admit that moderate muslims seem to be sticking their heads in the sand about radical islam....but I think fear is their motivator....

and just because they are as afraid of radical islam as we are does not mean that they are somehow complicit in their terror.

to us, radical islam is scary people who live halfway around the world and who sometimes come to america to fly airplanes into buildings.... frightening, to be sure, but distant.

To muslims living in the middle east, radical islam is the guy next door and the option to be quiet and not make waves or protest their immediate presence is much more attractive when the guy who cuts off heads is your neighbor and not just some shadowy figure in another land.

I certainly admit that moderate muslims seem to be sticking their heads in the sand about radical islam....but I think fear is their motivator....

and just because they are as afraid of radical islam as we are does not mean that they are somehow complicit in their terror.

to us, radical islam is scary people who live halfway around the world and who sometimes come to america to fly airplanes into buildings.... frightening, to be sure, but distant.

To muslims living in the middle east, radical islam is the guy next door and the option to be quiet and not make waves or protest their immediate presence is much more attractive when the guy who cuts off heads is your neighbor and not just some shadowy figure in another land.
I don't think that it's just 'scary people' halfway around the world, some are right here. They do not have to be al queda to be radical. They do not have to knock down buildings.

But in the context of Bridgett's concern is the folks overhere and then spreading it abroad. No-doubt that fear is knowing your desert neighbor is a nut job and you could be killed because your ideas and ideals about life in the muslim world or how you feel about the trusty infadels that needs to be killed could be the great motivator for silence. However we as a nation need to understand our situation with regards to the radicals and how we play into the big picture. We need to stand up and protect ourselves from future terrorist situations. We can only do that by better understanding what is at stake.

But in the context of Bridgett's concern is the folks overhere and then spreading it abroad. No-doubt that fear is knowing your desert neighbor is a nut job and you could be killed because your ideas and ideals about life in the muslim world or how you feel about the trusty infadels that needs to be killed could be the great motivator for silence. However we as a nation need to understand our situation with regards to the radicals and how we play into the big picture. We need to stand up and protect ourselves from future terrorist situations. We can only do that by better understanding what is at stake.

There is much correct in that.... I would suggest that we would have been MUCH better off if we had understood the dynamics of shiite/sunni enmity and how we would inadvertently -but clearly predicatably - set a match to it by invading Iraq.

We need to fight our enemies...not merely fight muslims in general which will only serve to radicalize more and make THEM our enemies.....

bottom line.... if we want to convince muslims to stop trying to kill us, and the best method we can come up with is by killing muslims, we honestly need to be prepared to kill every last one of them..... abroad AND at home.

There is much correct in that.... I would suggest that we would have been MUCH better off if we had understood the dynamics of shiite/sunni enmity and how we would inadvertently -but clearly predicatably - set a match to it by invading Iraq.

We need to fight our enemies...not merely fight muslims in general which will only serve to radicalize more and make THEM our enemies.....

bottom line.... if we want to convince muslims to stop trying to kill us, and the best method we can come up with is by killing muslims, we honestly need to be prepared to kill every last one of them..... abroad AND at home.

What makes you so sure that a Sunni /Shiite conflict wasn't exactly what the behind the scenes intent was?

That wasn't the question
No, it was a logical explanation of why there was no intention of a Sunni-Shiite conflict. Why would we still keep our troops over there if the whole purpose was to start a Sunni-Shiite conflict? That makes as much sense as flying planes into the World Trade Center when it's already rigged with explosives.

What makes you so sure that a Sunni /Shiite conflict wasn't exactly what the behind the scenes intent was?

I suppose if you accept the fact that the PNAC neocon vision for the middle east is inherently evil, then you might be able to arrive at that intent.

I see no reason to ignite a sectarian conflict that even the King of Jordan says may very well engulf not only Iraq, but Syria, Lebanon and Palestine in short order. WHy would we purposely destabilize that region and alienate an entire religious/ethnic group of people in the process.

I suppose if you accept the fact that the PNAC neocon vision for the middle east is inherently evil, then you might be able to arrive at that intent.

I see no reason to ignite a sectarian conflict that even the King of Jordan says may very well engulf not only Iraq, but Syria, Lebanon and Palestine in short order. WHy would we purposely destabilize that region and alienate an entire religious/ethnic group of people in the process.

No one in the region is particulary pleased with America because we are seen as infidels and Jew supporters however the sects have never been particulary fond of each other either. While Saddam provided a buffer between Sunni and Shia, this situation also enabled terrorists in the region to safely plot against Israel and ultimately the US.
The region now has a choice. They can develop a coalition government in Iraq or choose sides for the larger sectarian battle that will occur if Iran continues it's belligerance.
When has this religious/ethnic group ever been pleased with the US or the west?

No one in the region is particulary pleased with America because we are seen as infidels and Jew supporters however the sects have never been particulary fond of each other either. While Saddam provided a buffer between Sunni and Shia, this situation also enabled terrorists in the region to safely plot against Israel and ultimately the US.
The region now has a choice. They can develop a coalition government in Iraq or choose sides for the larger sectarian battle that will occur if Iran continues it's belligerance.
When has this religious/ethnic group ever been pleased with the US or the west?

you asked a question...I answered it. I can tell you from personal experience that many many muslims in the middle east are nowhere near as anti-American as our media would portray them to be.

And while I agree that Saddam aided palestinian terror organizations...or at least the families of the dead members of those organizations, I would point out that so did and does every other arab/muslim nation in the middle east.... and I would completely disagree with your suggestion that Saddam's "situation" in any way aided the islamic extremists who attacked us.

you asked a question...I answered it. I can tell you from personal experience that many many muslims in the middle east are nowhere near as anti-American as our media would portray them to be.

And while I agree that Saddam aided palestinian terror organizations...or at least the families of the dead members of those organizations, I would point out that so did and does every other arab/muslim nation in the middle east.... and I would completely disagree with your suggestion that Saddam's "situation" in any way aided the islamic extremists who attacked us.

Are you claiming that the population in the area is supportive of the west and it's presence in the area? My point is that the Hussein regime provided a buffer between shia and sunni. The Sauds are terrified of Iranian expansion in the region now that Sadam is gone. The Turks feel seriously threatened by Kurdish autonomy.
Perhaps now the more moderate Arab governments in the region may have some motivation to involve themselves in stabalizing the region as opposed to ignoring the cells of Arab hatred that now threaten them and not just western interests and Israel.

Well this goes into the age old fact of the muslim religion. Shia are the minority and the Sunnis are the majority here. It goes back to when Mohammad died and who was going to lead the religion now that the great leader was dead. We as citizens should learn about the muslim religion form a factual point of view and know of its intent. If we as a nation followed the Bible then we'd see how history has played out, for example. Since we've not followed the Bible then I guess we are at the mercy of "others" and there motives. I didn't want to go into a religion topic, but clearly from facts of or Bridgett she can and has told of the effects of the Christian part of her home and how it threatened their lives for a long time. She also mentions how the Jews were warm and gave when her own countrymen took advantage, now that is a very pivotal point. We can learn a lot from this women if we as a nation could only hear her voice.

Are you claiming that the population in the area is supportive of the west and it's presence in the area? My point is that the Hussein regime provided a buffer between shia and sunni. The Sauds are terrified of Iranian expansion in the region now that Sadam is gone. The Turks feel seriously threatened by Kurdish autonomy.
Perhaps now the more moderate Arab governments in the region may have some motivation to involve themselves in stabalizing the region as opposed to ignoring the cells of Arab hatred that now threaten them and not just western interests and Israel.

show me where I have ever even suggested such a claim?

And I agree that Saddam was fulfilling a very important strategic function for US and that is why I continue to be incensed at the morons who chose to invade his ccountry when he had nothing to do with the folks who attacked us.... the war in Iraq has been decidedly counterproductive to the war on islamic extremism. Bush should rot in hell for the unnecessary carnage he has set in motion.

show me where I have ever even suggested such a claim?

And I agree that Saddam was fulfilling a very important strategic function for US and that is why I continue to be incensed at the morons who chose to invade his ccountry when he had nothing to do with the folks who attacked us.... the war in Iraq has been decidedly counterproductive to the war on islamic extremism. Bush should rot in hell for the unnecessary carnage he has set in motion.

Saddam was fulfilling an important strategic function for the entire mideast. When those in the mideast chose to allow sectarian hatred to be redirected towards the US and Israel, Saddam became expendable to the US.
Again-Iraqis can STILL choose to take advantage of an opportunity to become a stable, compromising, government or lapse further into a proxy battleground for Sunni and Shia animosity.

Saddam was fulfilling an important strategic function for the entire mideast. When those in the mideast chose to allow sectarian hatred to be redirected towards the US and Israel, Saddam became expendable to the US.
Again-Iraqis can STILL choose to take advantage of an opportunity to become a stable, compromising, government or lapse further into a proxy battleground for Sunni and Shia animosity.

wanna take bets on which option they go for?

WHen the whole mideast becomes embroiled in that sectarian violence, you will have a tougher time selling anyone on that "Saddam had become expendable" bullshit.

Forum List

Back