From the ROP in Australia

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The whole idea of keeping your enemies close, loses something with stuff like this:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21952947-601,00.html

I support Hezbollah: Aussie cleric

* June 23, 2007

THE nation's most senior Shia Muslim cleric has attacked John Howard for backing Israel against Arabs and openly declared his allegiance to the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah.

Kamal Mousselmani -- head of the Supreme Islamic Shia Council of Australia -- said yesterday his entire community considered Hezbollah a "resistance group", not a terrorist network, and lashed the Howard Government over its support for Israel.

btw, his 'entire network' is over 30k Islamics...

Do you know whats scary.. I dont think most non-muslims realize how dead set these lunatics are on killing all of us...

Do you know whats scary.. I dont think most non-muslims realize how dead set these lunatics are on killing all of us...

Please name one american or australian citizen Lebanese Hezbollah has killed in the last two decades.

Answer: Zero.

We really do need to stop assuming all muslims and all muslim groups pose a huge threat to the United States. Hezbollah did attack our marines in lebanon, a quarter of a century ago. Having US soldiers on their soil pissed them off. They ARE a problem for israel. But Israel can defend itself. Hezbollah has regional goals and regional aims. They have never demonstrated any interest in attacking Kansas City, or taking over the world.

We need to focus on terrorist groups that truly do threaten us, and have a demonstrated commitment to launching direct attacks on americans.

WIKPEDIA: "Hezbollah has not been involved in any suicide bombing since Israel withdrew from Lebanon.[119][120] After the September 11, 2001 attacks, Hezbollah condemned Al Qaeda for targeting the civilian World Trade Center, but remained silent on the attack on the The Pentagon, neither favoring nor opposing the act.[121][9] Hezbollah also denounced the Armed Islamic Group massacres in Algeria, Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya attacks on tourists in Egypt,[122] and the murder of Nick Berg.[123] Nasrallah, in a 2006 interview with the Washington Post, condemned violence against American civilians: “f there are American tourists, or intellectuals, doctors, or professors who have nothing to do with this war, they are innocent, even though they are Americans, and it is forbidden."[121]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah#Stance_on_what_is_a_legitimate_military_target

Please name one american or australian citizen Lebanese Hezbollah has killed in the last two decades.

We really do need to stop assuming all muslims and all muslim groups pose a huge threat to the United States. Hezbollah did attack our marines in lebanon, a quarter of a century ago. Having US soldiers on their soil pissed them off. They ARE a problem for israel. But Israel can defend itself. Hezbollah has regional goals and regional aims. They have never demonstrated any interest in attacking Kansas City, or taking over the world.

We need to focus on terrorist groups that truly do threaten us, and have a demonstrated commitment to launching direct attacks on americans.
I did not realize there was a statute of limitations on atrocity and mass murder. I am sure the familes of the murdered Marines would have no problem with DeadCanDance's explanation that Hezbollah was "pissed" when it blew up the Marines in their sleep.

"Hezbollah's television station Al-Manar airs programming designed to inspire suicide attacks in Gaza, the West Bank and Iraq."

That is a Quote from your link DCD

What makes American liberals defend such murdering animals?

In my opinion, an attack against Israel is an attack against us...

I would say lack of ability and opportunity may be a the only reason Hezbollah hasnt attacked the US directly recently... Give them time...

Why shoudnt we assume ALL muslims and Muslim groups pose a threat against us? I havnt seen any evidence otherwise...

What makes American liberals defend such murdering animals?

Nowhere in my post did I defend Hezbollah. You simply imagined that I did. I said hezbollah is a problem for israel, but not a significant threat to kansas city, memphis, or portland. Or, U.S. citizens in general. They have never demonstrated a desire to attack the american homeland or take over the world

Then join the israeli army. Israel can defend itself. I have no problem being their friend, but I don't see the need to go to war on their behalf, and send american kids to die for israel. They have their own army - the best in the middle east.

I would say lack of ability and opportunity may be a the only reason Hezbollah hasnt attacked the US directly recently... Give them time...

Why shoudnt we assume ALL muslims and Muslim groups pose a threat against us? I havnt seen any evidence otherwise...

Since your assumptions have turned out to be wrong time after time (Iraq, insurgency, WMD, iraqi nuke programs, etc), I'm through with taking your or Bush's assumptions and predictions at face value. I don't care what you "feel" hezbollah might do against america in the future. I look at the facts: their goal is regional. They have never demonstrated, in the least, that they are interested in attacking american cities, or the american homeland.

I did not realize there was a statute of limitations on atrocity and mass murder. I am sure the familes of the murdered Marines would have no problem with DeadCanDance's explanation that Hezbollah was "pissed" when it blew up the Marines in their sleep.

Interesting that Hezbollah managed to kill US soldiers before the group was even organized.

Why exactly?

Lack of ability and opportunity? Hezbollah is very well organized. If you hadn't noticed we have around 150,000 American troops in their general area. If they wanted to attack the US, what do you suppose they are waiting for ?

Why shoudnt we assume ALL muslims and Muslim groups pose a threat against us? I havnt seen any evidence otherwise.

There are what, 1.3 billion Muslims in the world? How many of them have done anything against US interests, ever?

A very, very, very small proportion of them. There is your evidence. Not that you really needed any to not judge people on the basis of their religion, but there you go anyhow.

Absurd. Islamic terrorists, regardless the name, are a threat to Western civilization, period. Pretending they aren't because a couple of splinter groups are attacking one of our allies instead of is isn't getting it.

And Lebanon is NOT Persian soil ... it's Arab soil. Hezbollah is Iran's proxy, not any Arab state's.

AQ never demonstrated any interest in attacking the WTC until it did.

Interesting that Hezbollah managed to kill US soldiers before the group was even organized.

Why exactly?

Lack of ability and opportunity? Hezbollah is very well organized. If you hadn't noticed we have around 150,000 American troops in their general area. If they wanted to attack the US, what do you suppose they are waiting for ?

There are what, 1.3 billion Muslims in the world? How many of them have done anything against US interests, ever?

A very, very, very small proportion of them. There is your evidence. Not that you really needed any to not judge people on the basis of their religion, but there you go anyhow.

The percentage of muslims who have attacked us is irrelevant to the 100% of the ones who have, nor does it negate even one death they have caused.

The percentage of muslims who have attacked us is irrelevant to the 100% of the ones who have, nor does it negate even one death they have caused.

I believe you just claimed that 100% of the muslims who attacked us were Muslim. While this is true, I fail to see the point in posting such an obviously circular argument.

Someone suggested that we should suspect ALL muslims because of the actions of a very, very tiny minority.

That all terrorists are muslim (which is a lie...but I will assume this falsehood for the sake of the argument) does NOT mean that all muslims are terrorists. This is a very simple and basic logical flaw.

true , True, but Regan seemed to lose no sleep over it...

I believe you just claimed that 100% of the muslims who attacked us were Muslim. While this is true, I fail to see the point in posting such an obviously circular argument.

Just as I fail to see the point of you posting an argument that implies militant Islamic jihadists are any less a threat than they are.

Someone suggested that we should suspect ALL muslims because of the actions of a very, very tiny minority.

Ignoring the fact that the overwhelming majority of terrorism in the world is carried out by militant Islamic fundamentalists for teh sake of politicla correctness is suicidal.

That all terrorists are muslim (which is a lie...but I will assume this falsehood for the sake of the argument) does NOT mean that all muslims are terrorists. This is a very simple and basic logical flaw.

No, I'm quite sure there is a smattering of the odd terrorist organizations around the world that are not Muslim. That too does not negate the fact that the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks ARE carried out by Islamic jihadists.

Just as I fail to see the point of you posting an argument that implies militant Islamic jihadists are any less a threat than they are.

It does not imply that at all. I was talking about Muslims, not "militant Islamic jihadists". Please don't conflate the two, as they are very very different.

Ignoring the fact that the overwhelming majority of terrorism in the world is carried out by militant Islamic fundamentalists for teh sake of politicla correctness is suicidal.

Did you miss the part where I said I was willing to give, for the sake of argument, that Muslims were responsible for all acts of terrorism? But again...please don't conflate militant Islamic fundamentalists with Muslims.

I will post my main point for you again Gunny.

That all terrorists are Muslims does NOT mean that all Muslims are terrorists. Hence my point in saying the number of Muslims there are in this world when someone says that we should suspect all Muslims based on the actions of less than .001%

It does not imply that at all. I was talking about Muslims, not "militant Islamic jihadists". Please don't conflate the two, as they are very very different.

I am well-aware of the difference. However, I don't let that difference, nor the fact that Islamofascists are a very small minority within the Muslim community deflect from the fact that they present a REAL threat.

Did you miss the part where I said I was willing to give, for the sake of argument, that Muslims were responsible for all acts of terrorism? But again...please don't conflate militant Islamic fundamentalists with Muslims.

I will post my main point for you again Gunny.

That all terrorists are Muslims does NOT mean that all Muslims are terrorists. Hence my point in saying the number of Muslims there are in this world when someone says that we should suspect all Muslims based on the actions of less than .001%

I didn't miss your point at all. Your .001% sure is doing a lot of killing.

So tell me, Larkin, what's your opinion on the incident at Abu Ghraib?

I didn't miss your point at all. Your .001% sure is doing a lot of killing.

Irrelevant to the point. And they don't really. Not compared historically with other "wars" or even compared to events happening in other parts of the globe which are far worse.

So tell me, Larkin, what's your opinion on the incident at Abu Ghraib?

That it was terrible tragedy what happened and completely unjustified.

Irrelevant to the point. And they don't really. Not compared historically with other "wars" or even compared to events happening in other parts of the globe which are far worse.

It is not irrelevant. You cannot divorce them from their actions, since it is their actions that define them.

That it was terrible tragedy what happened and completely unjustified.

Do you think the media coverage was justified, and in proportion to the crimes committed?

It is not irrelevant. You cannot divorce them from their actions, since it is their actions that define them.

I'm not divorcing the less than .001% from their actions. I am divorcing the idea of comparing them and conflating them with the general Muslim population who 99.999% don't commit violent acts.

If you are comfortable with maligning all Muslims based on the actions of just a few, do you feel justified in also generalizing men the same way? The large majority of terrorists are men...shall we regard them with the same prejudice?

Do you think the media coverage was justified, and in proportion to the crimes committed?

Yes. I find it utterly inexcusable that what happened there happened. I find it utterly inexcusable that it took media attention to get things to change and for people to be charged. I find it utterly inexcusable for Taguba to have recieved the reception he did from Rumsfeld and other administration officials after issuing his report.

The excuse for this war, as given now, is that we are "saving" them. If our soldiers are torturing them, raping them, and killing them then yes, I think that deserves publicity.

I'm not divorcing the less than .001% from their actions. I am divorcing the idea of comparing them and conflating them with the general Muslim population who 99.999% don't commit violent acts.

If you are comfortable with maligning all Muslims based on the actions of just a few, do you feel justified in also generalizing men the same way? The large majority of terrorists are men...shall we regard them with the same prejudice?

If you noticed ... I assume you did since you attempted to criticize me for it ... I identified terrorists by one name, and Muslims in general by another.

The attempted comparison to men is absurd. One is not required to be a man to be a militant Islamic jihadist. One IS required to be a militant Islamic jihadist.

Yes. I find it utterly inexcusable that what happened there happened. I find it utterly inexcusable that it took media attention to get things to change and for people to be charged. I find it utterly inexcusable for Taguba to have recieved the reception he did from Rumsfeld and other administration officials after issuing his report.

The excuse for this war, as given now, is that we are "saving" them. If our soldiers are torturing them, raping them, and killing them then yes, I think that deserves publicity.

So you agree with the media coverage of Abu Ghraib. Do you realize that the criminals involved at Abu Ghraib represent less than one percent of ALL US military personnel, and ZERO percent of ALL US military active duty personnel?

I would think someone attempting to pass himself off as being impersonal and factual as you are would accord them the same argument you are making for Islamic terrorists.

Tagabu is a non-player. He has nothing to substantiate his allegations except his opinion.

Forum List

Back