From a not a Trump or Republican fan

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Democrat Lyndon Johnson’s 1948 U.S. Senate campaign in Texas, which I wrote about the day before the Trump-Biden election, is instructive. Johnson won that election by 87 votes out of almost a million votes cast.

Johnson’s position was the same as that of the mainstream media today. Immediately after the election, he was asserting that there was no evidence of fraud. But as I indicated above, oftentimes election fraud is hard to ferret it. It takes an investigation to do so.

Even with an investigation, Johnson’s opponent, Gov. Coke Stevenson, was unable to prevail in his election contest. Does that mean there was no fraud? No, it doesn’t. In fact, many years later, after Johnson had served as John Kennedy’s vice president and then as president, his electoral fraud rose to the surface.

It turned out that Johnson had told a South Texas crony named George Parr to keep his poll tabulations open after the election, just in case Johnson needed more votes to win. Several days after the election, when Johnson was losing, Parr delivered 200 votes to him, which gave Johnson the win.

What’s Wrong with Trump’s Investigating Election Fraud?

This New York Times article, which is worth reading, details Johnson’s election fraud, which became known as the “Box 13” scandal (Google “Box 13 scandal.”) In 1977, after Johnson and Parr were dead, an election judge in charge of Jim Well County’s Box 13, Luis Salas, came forward and confessed that he was part of the fraud. He said that Johnson told Parr that he needed 200 more votes to win the election. Parr instructed Salas to produce the additional 200 votes, which Salas did. The last 200 signatures on the election tally were all in the same ink, which was different from the ink of the other signatures, the signatures were in the same handwriting, and the names were in alphabetical order.

Johnson went on to become U.S. Senator. If he had lost the race, there is no chance he would have become president in November 1963.

It’s certainly possible that Joe Biden’s election is legitimate. But it’s also possible that it’s not. What’s wrong with Trump investigating it now rather than have the fraud surface 30 years from now, as it did in the case of Lyndon Johnson? Surely, the mainstream media wouldn’t want another illegitimate Democrat president, would it?

MY OPINION MS. QUESTION MARK AVATAR: It seems to me, Harris, er, Biden fans (Party acolytes) would enjoy learning an investigation had cleared their conscience- of course, one has to remember US official investigations rarely reveal the truth-

I seem to remember the left claiming for years that Russia helped Trump. Some still to this day believe that he would not have been president had it not been for the Russians.
Myself I think someone needs to look into the tally software. I think they will find that there was a major problem input into it. Perhaps on purpose.

I seem to remember the left claiming for years that Russia helped Trump. Some still to this day believe that he would not have been president had it not been for the Russians.
Myself I think someone needs to look into the tally software. I think they will find that there was a major problem input into it. Perhaps on purpose.

Hunter Biden gets $3.5M from Moscow, software skews the election to Joe Biden, seems fishy :eusa_think:

Johnson could be an unscrupulous SOB but he knew when to be honest and he knew he was going to be on the right side of history. Classic southern politician that had election rigging in his blood. He knew dirty politics as well as anyone, maybe that's why he sought to put an end to the dirtiest politics ever: JimCrow voting laws.

I think everyone, and I do mean everyone, knows that this election was rigged for Biden. The extent of it that can be proven beyond a shadow, and whether those digging in will be doing it with earnest intention? This has yet to be determined.

Regardless, most of us will live our lives roughly the same way. I'll just say for me, Joe nor Kamala will ever be my president. I will allow them none of my television or laptop time, fuck that.

• Banned
Johnson could be an unscrupulous SOB but he knew when to be honest and he knew he was going to be on the right side of history. Classic southern politician that had election rigging in his blood. He knew dirty politics as well as anyone, maybe that's why he sought to put an end to the dirtiest politics ever: JimCrow voting laws.
One can justify all day long- trying to justify is merely an an attempt excuse to whatever- just and moral are not the same thing- cheating is cheating, regardless of the excuse- however, being, as you say a "classic southern politician", I seriously doubt putting an end to anything was his justification for cheating- instead it was (and always will be) self aggrandizing by a narcissist who loves power- and don't for one second believe it's a regional thing- it's a personality flaw. Period. Yes, flaw- just as Lincoln's "justification" for turning family and friends against one another was slavery- his desire was he would be glorified for saving the union- in the process he introduced fiat currency and conscription and commanded over 600, 000 people being killed, using slavery to justify his actions- and he was not from the south- just an FYI-

Forum List

Back