From a Grocery Store Owner

Lesh

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2016
1. I don't have toilet paper
2. I don't have sanitizer
3. I run out of milk, eggs and meat daily
4. I promise if it's out on the shelf ... it's not in a hidden corner of our backroom.

Those are the predictable ones, now for the real stuff

5. I have been doing this for 25 years I did not forget how to order product.
6. I did not cause the warehouse to be out of product/
7. I schedule as much help as I have, including many workers working TONS of overtime to help YOU.
8. I am sorry there are lines at the check out lanes.

Now for the really important stuff:

9. My team puts themselves in harm's way every day so you can buy groceries.
10. My team works tirelessly to get product on the floor for you to buy.
11. My team is exhausted.
12. My team is scared of getting sick.
13. My team is human and does not possess an antivirus... they are in just as much danger as you are. (Arguably more) but they show up to work every day just so you can buy groceries
14. My team is tired.
15. My team is very under-appreciated.
16. My team is exposed to more people who are potentially infected in one hour than most of you will in a week (medical community excluded, thank you for all that you do!).
17. My team is abused all day by customers who have no idea how ignorant they are.
18. My team disinfects every surface possible, everyday, just so you can come in grab a wipe from the dispenser, wipe the handle and throw the used wipe in the cart or on the ground and leave it there... so my team can throw it in the trash for you later.
19. My team wonders if you wash your re-usable bags, that you force us to touch, that are clearly dirty and have more germs on them than our shopping carts do.
20. My team more than earns their breaks, lunches and days off. And if that means you wait longer I am sorry.

Thank them at every opportunity folks

Do not abuse them

Be mindful and careful when you shop

4. I promise if it's out on the shelf ... it's not in a hidden corner of our backroom.

7. I schedule as much help as I have, including many workers working TONS of overtime to help YOU.

13. My team is human and does not possess an antivirus... they are in just as much danger as you are. (Arguably more) but they show up to work every day just so you can buy groceries
14. My team is tired.
16. My team is exposed to more people who are potentially infected in one hour than most of you will in a week (medical community excluded, thank you for all that you do!).
17. My team is abused all day by customers who have no idea how ignorant they are.
18. My team disinfects every surface possible, everyday, just so you can come in grab a wipe from the dispenser, wipe the handle and throw the used wipe in the cart or on the ground and leave it there... so my team can throw it in the trash for you later.
19. My team wonders if you wash your re-usable bags, that you force us to touch, that are clearly dirty and have more germs on them than our shopping carts do.
20. My team more than earns their breaks, lunches and days off. And if that means you wait longer I am sorry.

Do not abuse them

Farmers are tired too.

I was waiting for the orange man bad portion and it never came.

I'm not angry with you, Lesh, just disappointed.

6128600-mother-scolding-her-son-with-pointed-finger.jpg

Grocery workers
Truck drivers and other supply chain workers
Medical workers

The heroes of this Pandemic.
Governor DeWine (R) Ohio has ordered the Ohio National Guard and Ohio State Highway Patrol to assist in the crisis.

14. My team is tired.

Do not abuse them

Farmers are tired too.
Yup...and Farmers and truckers and cops and firemen and EMTs and most of all doctors and nurses and hospital workers

I don't have toilet paper
Dude you're full of shit.
My team works tirelessly
I don't want to hear the employees-only break room shit. If they don't like how you treat them or how you pay them, they'll find a job somewhere else, but that's between you and them, not the customers.
The customers may feel the affect in some way too just like workers. If what the customer is looking for isn't there for whatever reason, like workers who are still there not being able to deliver due to short handedness for example, the customer will then go where ever what they want can be found. Hopefully what they are looking for can be found.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

. If what the customer is looking for isn't there for whatever reason,
Dude your store was open for business, I got my receipt in my hand, I paid for my items, just let me get off your damned property before I'm arrested for trespassing, loitering, or shoplifting or violating some lady's "social distancing" protocol.

Is it that friggin hard to just say THANK YOU?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Is it that friggin hard to just say THANK YOU?
Well there's a SEIU waitress thinks I owe her a tip just for driving through her town, and it should be illegal for me to even consider shopping for my own groceries.

None you labor assholes, who progressively demand such a monetary thank-you for your "services" rendered on an involuntary and non-competitive basis, have any use whatsoever for anything I should make, do, or sell on my own.

So little do you value my life and my contributions to society, that you don't even afford me a place to live, no matter how competent, hard-working, and qualified I am for any job, or so much grace as to allow me to get off your damned property before you go hunting to shoot and kill me in the middle of the night.

Forum List

Back