French Parliamentary Elections

alexa

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2009
Scotland
This is the second round of the French Parliamentary Elections and the first thing that is being said is Macron does not have a majority.

I think there was a low turnout.

So Macron looks like he is going to have the most seats followed by Jean-Luc Melenchon, and Le Penn also has more seats than expected. Her party which is viewed as defo fascist in France is believed to have got between 80-100 seats.

Macron has apparently been more moving to the right. This election looks like it will give the left, who were being warmly spoken of in the news I listened to, to get some input.

Le Pen. Not sure what is going to happen there except it appears she has got the most seats her party under herself or her Dad have ever had and yes I know the name has changed.:)

Last edited:
"we are helping Ukraine to defend itself, but we are not going to war with Russia" - Macron.
And if in this way:
"We are helping Corsica to defend itself, but we are not going to war with France"? Is it good?

Yes Macron has now formed a coalition with the left and the Greens meaning that he will have problems with intended tax breaks, for the rich I assume and with increasing the age of retirement from 62 to 65 . Le Pen managed to get 89 seats for her party National Rally. I am hopeful this is quite a healthy result in the current environment which tends to draw people to either the left or the far right. In the US and UK the left were totally stopped from getting into power by those in charge but in France they are definitely growing in force - though that could be because of low turnout.

French election: Emmanuel Macron’s alliance loses majority as left-wing and far Right vote surges

Forum List

Back