French Mideast envoy fired for opposing Palestinian UN bid

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Hoffenberg, who is Jewish and a political ally of President Nicolas Sarkozy, has held several positions in his party and was made special envoy to the region in 2008. In that capacity she helped cultivate financial, educational and cultural ties between Israelis, Palestinians and residents of neighboring countries.

Hoffenberg says she intended to leave her position in any case this fall so as to run for parliament, but that she had hoped to step down in a more dignified manner. "I was surprised to hear of my firing in this manner," she admits. "The fact is that I am pushing the president on this question [of Palestinian declaration of statehood] and making a lot of noise. In France there are a lot of visions, and mine clearly does not sit well with everyone in the ministry or around the president. This is a game of power."

French Mideast envoy fired for opposing Palestinian UN bid - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Hoffenberg, who is Jewish and a political ally of President Nicolas Sarkozy, has held several positions in his party and was made special envoy to the region in 2008. In that capacity she helped cultivate financial, educational and cultural ties between Israelis, Palestinians and residents of neighboring countries.
Hoffenberg says she intended to leave her position in any case this fall so as to run for parliament, but that she had hoped to step down in a more dignified manner. "I was surprised to hear of my firing in this manner," she admits. "The fact is that I am pushing the president on this question [of Palestinian declaration of statehood] and making a lot of noise. In France there are a lot of visions, and mine clearly does not sit well with everyone in the ministry or around the president. This is a game of power."
What a brave woman!

"I don't think this is a coincidence," the envoy told Haaretz when asked about the timing of her sacking, which she was shocked to learn about from a Foreign Ministry announcement on Friday. A day earlier, during a visit to Israel, at a meeting with Regional Development Minister Silvan Shalom, Hoffenberg said that while she did not know the official French position, she herself was "completely opposed to the unilateral declaration."
http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...ired-for-opposing-palestinian-un-bid-1.382960

She should have known the official French position, she does now

mqwSzQ

Was that a kiss goodbye or the kiss of death, both apply to the Zionist entity, formally known as an "israel" good ridence

Was that a kiss goodbye or the kiss of death, both apply to the Zionist entity, formally known as an "israel" good ridence
That drivel doesn't really matter, we hope the french folks will enjoy paying their share for that little neo-colonial project, called the state of palistan, too.

What a brave woman!

That woman was a Jew (read first post).
She advised and lobbied the French President against the interests of France.
So she was shown the door.
I don't particularly like the French, but they have a strong sense of national confidence and are independent-minded.

It was the right thing to do, and I am sure that woman has now been replaced by a non-Jew who puts France 1st.

What a brave woman!

She advised and lobbied the French President against the interests of France.
So she was shown the door.
I don't particularly like the French, but they have a strong sense of national confidence and are independent-minded.

It was the right thing to do, and I am sure that woman has now been replaced by a non-Jew who puts France 1st.

That's the problem with American zionists they care for only Israel and are traitors to America.

What a brave woman!
Like a red cloth in front of the eyes of that turkish little hitler of a president, of course.
She advised and lobbied the French President against the interests of France. So she was shown the door. I don't particularly like the French, but they have a strong sense of national confidence and are independent-minded. It was the right thing to do, and I am sure that woman has now been replaced by a non-Jew who puts France 1st.
As long as they pay for the state of palistan, of course.

It is the obligation of a government official to know the official policy which that official is sent to represent. If she makes pronouncements in opposition to official policy she should expect to be terminated.

That said, I think French policy sucks, and they should have listened to her and gone alone with someone who seems to have been otherwise competent and very effective.

Forum List

Back