Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
We (conservatives - the educated and informed) know it. And it's why it must be vigilantly guarded against the left.
Little by little, over a decade, I came to see that my country’s political deterioration was real and severe, and compromising everything else
Russia once again proves what history has proven over and over. Guard liberty or you will lose it. We can't afford to pretend "it can't happen here" like our friends across the aisle. It hasn't happened here because conservatives haven't allowed it to happen.

We (conservatives - the educated and informed) know it. And it's why it must be vigilantly guarded against the left.

Russia once again proves what history has proven over and over. Guard liberty or you will lose it. We can't afford to pretend "it can't happen here" like our friends across the aisle. It hasn't happened here because conservatives haven't allowed it to happen.
Oh, we did let it happen, already: the medical tyranny with the lockdowns and mask mandates were training us never to be free in any way again. How soon before they start all that up again? Rationing, conscription, curfews, lockdowns, mandated medical procedures:

We've already lost freedom, IMO. People should stop cooperating.

When Reagan spoke that quote I believe he was pointing out our educational system. What do we see today? A bunch of self entitled spoiled kids who have never been exposed to anything other than leftist teachings. The Marxist professors took over our college campuses a long, long time ago.

Well, I was going to respond that imo your op was too broad in not defining "freedom," but circe's response in #2 illustrated that. Not to "toot" Biden's horn, but the US intelligence was really the first to predict that Putin was not just bluffing, or threatening invasion to get a better bargaining position vis a vis the Eastern provinces and Crimea. And even Russians in their govt were surprised and now use the term "clusterfuk."

Now various "news" sources and pols are suggesting that Ukraine just ceed those two areas. But that was never the point. The point was those areas WERE NOT PUTIN'S GOAL. His goal all along was all of Ukraine, even though to most everyone thought it nuts. Ironically, he predicted Ukranians would be throwing flowers, which was W's prediction for Iraq.

So, my question is "what is freedom?" It is NOT as Circe posts, because we Americans have a right to protest and even refuse to wear masks. Nobody was getting locked up. Maybe you could lose a job, but you can lose a job for posting stuff on facebook your boss doesn't want customers associating him with.

Imo, the only freedom at issue in Ukraine is obviously the Ukranians's, but also of other nations (including Nato members) that Putin wants to reform into the same Russian Empire both the Tsars and Soviets maintained from the late 1700s to 1991. Are we Americans willing to even potentially chance a nuclear war with Russia over that? Imo, we have no real choice to to do so, because Russia is a threat to the existential reason the Founders rebelled against the King, which was to do business with whom we choose to do business because we want to exercise our individual rights to better ourselves.

So, my question is "what is freedom?"
Pretty basic term, really...

Freedom.JPG

Ain't what circe was talking about. Is freedom about not wearing a mask in a pandemic caused by an airborne virus? I don't think your thread was about that. If so, I disagree with your premise.
My thread was just pointing out how easily freedom is lost - as illustrated by the comment of that Russian.

Forum List

Back