Free streaming services. And, what's your favorite?

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
With people cutting back on spending and rising prices let's talk about free streaming services.

I'll start by saying, if you don't have a dedicated device and use a smart tv or a game console I can't recommend enough getting a Amazon fire stick. Plugs in a HDMI port and you can add pretty much every streaming app in existence on it and you can have everything in one spot. I have a 4k fire stick which is on sale on Amazon now for 35 and it's snappy and works great.

Now onto free streaming services. All of these I use on my fire stick.

Tubi is by far my favorite. It has commercials but they aren't too intrusive or annoying. But if you especially like horror movies and tv shows from the 80s and 90s you'll love it. They have a surprisingly large amount of content being free. Everything from big blockbuster movies, to Philippine and Italian horror movies to absolute junk filler, kids shows, comdies and lots of tv shows.

Pluto is another favorite. It has movies on demand but it also has a lot of channels on it that's setup a lot like cable tv channels you can watch live. Commercials get a little annoying at times but it's not awful.

Yes I used Tubi in the past. I even remember watching a Mandarin movie with subtitles if I'm correct (I might have it confused). A nice little free service indeed.

I would rather pay for it. Those free ones have so many commercials, you miss a third of the movie.

Thanks for this thread. I just got rid of Dish Network & am a new streamer now.
I'd like to know what the best services are, free & paid.
Anybody know if any service has Real America Voice included? I can get Newsmax for free but I stopped watching them when they started pimping the clot shots.

Also, anyone know if Dish will sell their DVR to users that have cancelled?
I have over 550 good movies on mine & hate to lose them all

Hollywood and big media (yes, that includes entertainment) has a bullseye painted squarely on your backs.
Your continued support of them shows an incredible lack of understanding of current events and political direction and dangers. Or insane apathy.

You cannot complain about loss of freedom and oppression with one hand, while simultaneously fully supporting their tyrannical efforts with the other.

Thanks for this thread. I just got rid of Dish Network & am a new streamer now.
I'd like to know what the best services are, free & paid.
Anybody know if any service has Real America Voice included? I can get Newsmax for free but I stopped watching them when they started pimping the clot shots.

Also, anyone know if Dish will sell their DVR to users that have cancelled?
I have over 550 good movies on mine & hate to lose them all

If you don't turn it in they just charge you for it.

With people cutting back on spending and rising prices let's talk about free streaming services.

I'll start by saying, if you don't have a dedicated device and use a smart tv or a game console I can't recommend enough getting a Amazon fire stick. Plugs in a HDMI port and you can add pretty much every streaming app in existence on it and you can have everything in one spot. I have a 4k fire stick which is on sale on Amazon now for 35 and it's snappy and works great.

Tubi is by far my favorite. It has commercials but they aren't too intrusive or annoying. But if you especially like horror movies and tv shows from the 80s and 90s you'll love it. They have a surprisingly large amount of content being free. Everything from big blockbuster movies, to Philippine and Italian horror movies to absolute junk filler, kids shows, comdies and lots of tv shows.

Pluto is another favorite. It has movies on demand but it also has a lot of channels on it that's setup a lot like cable tv channels you can watch live. Commercials get a little annoying at times but it's not awful.
I don't see why a firestick would benefit me at all.

I just use the multiple display feature on a cheap little laptop computer and simply drag and drop movies or TV shows onto my TV with a wireless mouse. I use the laptop as my remote control.

Why would I need a firestick? :dunno:

This option would not be considered 100% "free", however for as little as $10-$15 monthly, there are a plethora of IPTV(internet protocol television) streaming choices out there.

The one that I use with Kodi, a VPN and an android streaming box delivers over 8,000 channels, PPV, every local station and premium networks like HBO and Cinemax for $10 a month.

I don't see why a firestick would benefit me at all.

I just use the multiple display feature on a cheap little laptop computer and simply drag and drop movies or TV shows onto my TV with a wireless mouse. I use the laptop as my remote control.

Why would I need a firestick? :dunno:

Didn't think it would take long before someone tried to poop on the parade.

Well for starters a lot of people don't do that and instead have cheap smart tvs with slow processors and little ram built in or whatever.

Well in your case a firestick with it's remote uses less electricity than your setup, it uses way less components, it doesn't require anything more than a remote with a mic you just say what you want into, it connects all streaming services so say you want to see la wars it will show you what service it's on our of hundreds, it's only 35 bucks, it will display 4k uhd on a 4k uhd tv while your setup does not, it's more simplified.

There are numerous other reasons but I know you're not interested because you'd rather get a cheap smug sense of self satisfaction at thinking being a contrarian makes you better.

I watch some free stuff on Roku channel erratically since I use roku TV's as cheap monitors. Most of my free online viewing, however, is done at those free tube sites of ill repute.

None of them are "free"
The price is sitting through absurd number of commercials.
I will GLADLY pay $4.99 a month, roughly $.16 a day to NOT watch commercials.

Free ones huh?

Well, I have:

Tubi
Crackle
Kanopy
PlutoTV
VooMoo

You can "cheat" with the pay ones though. If you rotate them around, you can get a month free from each of them every 60 or 90 days.
When you sign up for them and get the free month, you cancel the week of the end of the month, and the service will stop on the last day of your freebies. Then you can go sign up at another site for free for a month (some of them only have two weeks free, so be careful), and then do the same to that one, then go to the next one, etc......

If you have a list of at least 10 of them, then use them in rotation order..........that should give you enough time between each of them to get another free time period when you get back around the list.

Just be sure when you cancel, you delete your profile completely off their site on the last day.

Forum List

Back